No Place For Gods

No Place For Gods

A Chapter by GodsOfNeutrality

My name is Covon. I lived in a dimension with Chaos and Order. They were kinda like my parents, but they were gods and didn't understand how I felt. I sat up in my bed, rubbing my head. This wasn't the first time I had this nightmare, but it had never been so vivid. I got out of bed and stretched. This was not going to ruin my day. I was finally going to learn how to control my godly form. I looked around my room. It was never messy since the cleaning supplies did it on their own. My 110-inch HDTV hung over the fireplace. A couch lay in front, the book I was reading still open facedown. A kitchen was set up in the corner. The fridge was twice the size of a book shelf and held an assortment of food. A silver plated stove sat off to the side, knives placed on the counter next to it. I sat at the marble table, and a plate of food appeared before me. I did cook sometimes but just summoned food if I was to tired. Today was a plate of eggs, waffles and bacon. I picked up the waffle and left the rest. I ate it as I walked to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. My white hair was tangled, and I brushed a few bangs from in front my green eyes. I had a good amount of muscle, which balanced out, giving me an athletic build. A brush floated to my hair but I ducked under it. It landed on the counter and I splashed water in my face. I snapped my fingers and my hair untangled, though I couldn't do anything about the bangs. I sighed and went back to my bedroom. I went to the closet and grabbed some different clothes. I grabbed some jeans and a red t-shirt. I took my black sleeveless hoodie and my gauntlets. They were a black and white color with a red gem in the right and blue one in the left. I put them on and went to the door. "Let's go."

"That's enough."
I looked up at Chaos. She was around 6 feet in her human form, making her 4 inches taller than me. Her black hair was in a ponytail that reached her back. She wore a long black and blue dress with her symbol, the Chaos Star, as a design. Her purple eyes stared at me with dissatisfaction. I looked down at what was under my foot. The training dummy was shredded and my fists were still smoking from the blows.
"It's not alive."
"But if it was it's dead now."
Her brother Order had the same look of disappointment. If I didn't know any better I would have thought they were twins. Chaos was a few years older but her younger brother was taller, at 6 foot 8 in his human form. He had black hair and silver eyes. He had on a red and black striped suit. His symbol, the Circle of Order was on his tie. He snapped his fingers and the dummy fixed itself.
"You have to control yourself."
"Then teach me how! And don't act like I'm crazy. It's your fault."
He sighed. "I knew he'd be trouble."
"You could have saved them!" My fists were smoking from my black and white aura sparking around me.
"They didn't have to die!" Tears were streaming down my face."I didn't ask to be a god. But I am and they did die. My mom, dad, friends.....all of them died because you didn't care. Why am I the only one alive. The least I could do for them is to become a god that can protect other people. A god that cared for them unlike you two. I'm 16. I've been up here for 8 years and I've seen the world. Murder, assassination, jealousy, revenge I've seen it all. Then I see kids without families or lost theirs in front of their eyes. I feel pain for them and you feel nothing. I always wondered how you couldn't care." I looked at them. "Today I figured it out. Gods don't care about anyone but themselves. Why save me instead of them.......was my survival worth their deaths."
"We saved you because they asked us to. All of them saw your dad help them and wanted you to survive to do the same. They knew they'd die and chose you over themselves. They saw the good in you. Your own father told you it'd be alright because he had no doubt that you wouldn't find a way to help people. You embody their hope for a better future. Your their God now and you owe it to them."
I wiped my tears away.
"Then they made the wrong choice. It's only a matter of time until I lose my humanity. I don't think the Earth's worth saving anymore. It's better to start from scratch. So destroy the Earth" I let out a deep breath. "And me along with it." I turned to Order. "You could get a child who's less of a burden."
"Don't say that!" Chaos' outburst caused her own black-blue aura to wash over me. Her shoulders were shaking, as her tears fell from her face.
"You're the best thing to happen to us. He knows it too. But we didn't want you to feel this way. So......I'm sending you to Earth."
"Why?"
"You will stay there for 3 months and after that decide whether it's still worth saving."
"But that's no place for a god."
She didn't say anything but turned away from me. I sighed.
"Fine," I said a black void opening up behind me. "Thanks by the way. You know, for everything." I stepped through, and smiled part me of me glad to go home.


© 2016 GodsOfNeutrality


Author's Note

GodsOfNeutrality
Hey guys. I just wanted to say thanks for reading. I'm also going to switch pov in the next chapter. I don't know what type of Gods to use. It's a lot of work creating them. I'll probably use greek or roman. This came out better than I expected. Again thanks and I'll see you next time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on September 16, 2016
Last Updated on September 26, 2016