Oh God

Oh God

A Chapter by GodsOfNeutrality

Tora's POV

What the hell is up today? First I meet Covon and then my dad just gave up and went to bed. All because Covon entered the room. I groaned and lay down on my bed.
"Why do I get a feeling something's not right?" I sat up and shook my head. Why was it bothering me so much? I needed something to take my mind of it. I grabbed my phone and checked my notifications. I missed a few calls from Tyler and he left a message.
Hey, I didn't see you at the party. Are you okay? I'm sorry if I did something wrong. If you want, could we meet up tomorrow?
I sighed and texted him back a yes. I put my phone on the charger and tried to sleep. I turned on my side and sighed. Why was it so difficult to sleep? I stood up and went to grab something to eat. I passed by the couch, but didn't see Covon.
"Where the hell did he go?"
"You looking for me?"
I nearly jumped out of my skin when he suddenly spoke up from in the kitchen. "Don't do that!"
He put a finger up to his lips and smiled. "Shh, people are trying to sleep." He gave a small laugh before turning to the stove. On it was huge pot with something boiling in it.
"Now that my heart is beating regularly again. What are you doing?"
He shrugged. "I got hungry."
"What are you making? Last time I checked we didn't have that much food."
"I went shopping. Check the cupboards."
I looked at him quizzically, before I checked. He was right, the cupboards were fully stocked.
"Where did you find a store open this late?"
"That doesn't matter. Here try this," he handed me the ladle.
I took it and took a sip of the food. "This is amazing. What is it and where did you learn to cook like this?"
He took the ladle back and grabbed a bowl. "I had a lot of free time back home so I learned how to cook. And it's oil down, a Grenadian meal made from breadfruit, chicken and spices."
"You went to Grenada?"
"Kind of. My family went there briefly," he shared some of the food for me and himself. He turned off the stove and went to sit on the couch.
"I didn't expect you to be the traveling type."
"I'd be glad to tell you more. Not necessarily only about travel."
"I'll take you up on that offer," I said smiling.
Then the windows shattered as a huge explosion went off in the street.


© 2018 GodsOfNeutrality


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on October 4, 2016
Last Updated on January 6, 2018