Away, Impurities

Away, Impurities

A Poem by Omikron
"

These past weeks have been hard on me, I apologize for giving up on my Christmas project. Here are some thoughts for your pennies.

"
Coat my face with toxins
Then wash them away
 Then coat it with toxins again
Then wash them away again
Then l look at myself in the mirror
Then I wash the tears away 
Then I coat my face with toxins
Then wash them away again
Then I cream my face with anguish
And wash it away
I grease my leathery sorrow
And wash it away again
Imperfections and wrinkles intruding
I'll wash them all away
Time is eager to put me in debt
I'll simply wash the debt away
I'll keep coating my face with toxins
Then wash them away
If there's a hint of life in my face
I'll wash it all away
Away impurities!...

© 2016 Omikron


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The repetition gave off great imagery. Bravo!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Interesting piece, loved the repetition! I feel like the repetition added power to your poem. I interpreted as, sometimes, we as people, long for perfection so much, that we will relentlessly try to obtain that (perhaps) unreachable perfection. "Imperfections and wrinkles intruding" good line! Keep up the great work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This makes me think of how we see ourselves as SO imperfect when we age and we try so hard to wash it away with potions and creams. I'm thinking of aging and the cosmetic fight against it when I read "time is eager to put me in debt" and "if there's a hint of life in my face, I'll wash it all away". I don't know that I've picked up what you're putting down here, but that's what I'm reading into this. I like the poem and it's very well written. A previous reviewer said it was a bit depressing, however I think it's a little funny how you've described a never ending procedure that doesn't ever give the results you want it to; washing over and over. It's just so true, and I'm actually laughing about it, but my sense of humor is wacky.

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mum
this is a heavy one! its beautiful and raw and sad and real. If only we could wash it all away...

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Depressing poem but I like the way you wrote it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Omikron

7 Years Ago

Depressing is my ultimate description of my character haha... Thanks for reading!

// .. read more
I think we are so covered in impurities all over that no matter what we do there is no escaping them and I mean about the impurities of our minds.. This was a truly thought provoking read! Good work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Omikron

7 Years Ago

Yes, that was the message I was aiming for. Thank you for reading and commenting...

/.. read more
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

You are most welcome ☺
Almost sounds like mans treatment of mother earth, now this is going to stick in my mind and I love when I read something that lingers with me. Well done my friend Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Omikron

7 Years Ago

What an interesting interpretation, I never thought of it that way! Bit yes I agree, mother earth su.. read more
This recalled to me the scene in the series Vikings (not to be confused with the excellent movie 'The Vikings' which starred Kirk (100 years old last week) Douglas) - in which the warriors were seen gobbing into a large bowl with water and they in turn washed their face with the green globules of every man in the village. The reason I think was to set that 'all men are equal'.
But to wish to wash (lol) all away and be clean speaks of regret and remorse - forgiven...



Posted 7 Years Ago


Omikron

7 Years Ago

Never heard of neither of them, but they sure sound intriguing!
Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

holy crap - the ink on my review wasn't even dry...
;p

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2016
Last Updated on December 20, 2016

Author

Omikron
Omikron

Sweden



About
I'm a young soul, trying to navigate the world through creative elements. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Promise Me Promise Me

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay


Vodka Venom Vodka Venom

A Poem by Omikron


The Preacher Man The Preacher Man

A Poem by Gee