The Dragon's Stone (A Story Preview/Idea)

The Dragon's Stone (A Story Preview/Idea)

A Story by OutOfTheBoxPen
"

Please check out this idea and tell me what you think! Erin Hunter fans might like this. And yes, the dragon has no name yet. The name in progress is Mystic, suggested by RavenBlack.

"
The silver dragon flared her wings wide in the harsh rain as she dug her claws into the soft stone on the mountain near her cave. She snorted a little bit at her predicament. She had to get food, yet she could not fly. Suddenly, she got a running start and jumped from the cliff. A few seconds pass. She suddenly rises back up and did a flip in mid-air. She whoops in delight and dives to the river below. Lost in her joy, she doesn't notice the dragon come up beside her. He opens up his wings and glares at her. She glares back. He says in a mystical tone, "All rivers feed the ocean. I am the ocean and you are the river." She growls loudly at his insolence. She roars " I will not be your mate if you were the only male river dragon on earth!" She stares him down and his face begins to rise into a smile. "Not yet you won't." He flaps his wings in a weak attempt to make her like him. She only snorts, "What was that? I've seen birds do better displays." He growls softly and flies away. She dives into the river and begins to swim toward the ocean, which the river was about to feed into. "I won't be your mate even if you were him." She falls into the ocean and the salty tang of ocean water makes her scales glow. Suddenly a cheery voice says, "So, where to?"

© 2017 OutOfTheBoxPen


Author's Note

OutOfTheBoxPen
Do you think you like this style? The non-descriptive? I wrote this whole thing without names.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ooooh, the voice at the end adds a mysterious twist...I'm intrigued!

For a moment, though, when he said that line about him being the ocean and her the river, I thought he was literally threatening to eat her xD. It gets cleared up pretty quickly though :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Ooooh, the voice at the end adds a mysterious twist...I'm intrigued!

For a moment, though, when he said that line about him being the ocean and her the river, I thought he was literally threatening to eat her xD. It gets cleared up pretty quickly though :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very good preview of a story. It actually brought out some nostalgia from the fantasy books I would read when I was younger. I think this will be a wonderful novel; keep up the great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the sassy attitude of the silver dragon, my favourite line being: "I will not be your mate if you were the only male river dragon on earth!"

I can't really comment on the story as it's just an idea but I would like to see more to get a sense of what it's about. I was really confused about what was going on as I saw the title and thought, "this is probably about an adventure about finding a magic relic" but then I read it and it's about mating, so i was confused. But I'm sure if I saw more I'd understand.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OutOfTheBoxPen

7 Years Ago

It is a nonchalant review, I felt like introducing the character so there isn't much. Can you give m.. read more
RavenBlack

7 Years Ago

Hmmm... the name Mystic comes to mind for the silver dragon...
OutOfTheBoxPen

7 Years Ago

Thanks! That sounds amazing! I will use it. Do you want credit for the name?

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2017
Last Updated on March 13, 2017