Chapter 2: Power, Abilities, Talent, and Gifts

Chapter 2: Power, Abilities, Talent, and Gifts

A Chapter by Ozzz
"

Chapter 2

"

Ch. 2:

20 minutes passed. 30 minutes... 40 minutes... It seems that their meeting is far from being over, I stood because my butt hurts. I walked around for a minute and I sat on the stairs outside the building.

BANG!

The door of the room my brother is in sprang open making a loud sound and a girl walking slowly with eyes and aura that shouts ‘I’m angry. Don’t come near me.’. As she passed by me, I saw only her long white hair.

Nope, not gonna trouble myself with that. Seems like a lot of trouble. Not my problem anyway. In other words, I just turned a blind eye. I bet she didn’t see me anyway.

Until she made a lot of distance, I stayed in my position. Afterwards, I stood up and walked towards a karinderya nearby and planned to eat something because I’m already hungry.

There I saw a woman with long black hair in a ponytail and big brown eyes wearing a blue shirt and green apron.

“Two rice and lumpiang shanghai po.”

Her big eyes enlarged even further as if having a shock because she heard and saw someone in a place where there should be no one. And that someone is me. Well, not that I mind not being noticed.

“That would be 20 pesos.”

She said while hiding the shocked expression that she had.

I paid and ate the food. Yep, cheap food is the best after all. Hmmm? You’re asking me why? Well, that’s because I can’t taste anything. Everything that I eat, be it luxurious or dirt cheap, all of them, without exception, have no taste or more like I don’t have a sense of taste. That’s why… cheap food is the best and free food is the best-est.

I finished eating and decided to wait outside the shop. Oh well. Time to wait again. I wonder when will bro come.

10 minutes…

20 minutes…

40 minutes elapsed and he still hasn’t come. I wonder what is wrong. He should have found me by now.

Well, after all he is the only one capable of finding me. Let me explain why. People normally have a set of Abilities, Talents, and Power. Well, I don’t have any… but back to the topic…

Let’s start with Power. Power is, in simple terms, special powers. Powers are special in a sense that it changes a person’s physiology to be able to wield the power. This is usually one of the usual characteristics of super heroes. Yes, we have super heroes and villains but that is for another story. Some examples of these are the ability to make and control fire at will. Well, in gaming terminology, they are what you would call active skills with bonus passive effects. Oh yeah, by the way, people that has powers are called wielders.

Abilities are the things you are capable of doing while Talents measures the rate of your growth whether physically or mentally. People with talents are said to be a ‘natural’ in the field they have a talent in. For example if you have a talent for martial arts, then you learn really fast and you are a ‘natural in martial arts’.

However, some people has this something special that cannot be categorized in any of the three. Namely, Gifts. Scientists haven’t discovered the common ground between the discovered gifts. So there’s room for improvement in how people would be able to understand Gifts. An example of this is that someone, somewhere in the world has “Magic” as his or her gift. That person was able to perform many things including making fire out of thin air, teleporting, and the like. Also, the fire made by “Magic” is different from the fire made by a wielder. One point of comparison would be the source or cause of fire. Wielders either can produce fire using their bodies or the fire comes from their bodies while the other is made from “Mana” as that person called it.

Now back to the story, my brother is overwhelming with abilities and talents and he even has a power. However his story is a very, very sad story. Well, mainly because he became a babysitter of his worthless little brother. Namely, me. A very tragic story. Back to the point, my brother has an ability that somehow finds me or any person he wants to find.

I waited A LOT. I asked a man passing by:

“Excuse me. What time is it?” (Ren)

No reply came. Yup, he didn’t even notice me even though I am standing in front of him and talking to him. Zero presence after all. So I looked at a nearby clock, I saw that it’s almost midnight already. AND HE IS NOT COMING! I went back to the spot I was hanging at a while ago and I joined my two knees together and placed my thin arms over them and my head over all of it with my face down. Then my brother’s voice came

“Sorry! I couldn’t find you anywhere."



© 2017 Ozzz


Author's Note

Ozzz
any sort of comment is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on July 8, 2017
Last Updated on July 8, 2017
Tags: Re-Me, ReMe, chapter2


Author

Ozzz
Ozzz

Quezon City, NCR, Philippines



About
Graduate!!! Amateur more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Ren Chapter 1: Ren

A Chapter by Ozzz


Chapter 3: Elen 1 Chapter 3: Elen 1

A Chapter by Ozzz


Chapter 4: Elen 2 Chapter 4: Elen 2

A Chapter by Ozzz