Chapter 4: Elen 2

Chapter 4: Elen 2

A Chapter by Ozzz
"

Chapter 4

"

Elen’s POV

Phew~ Hard work is done~ Time to sleep! I hurriedly went to my room and immediately jumped to my soft, lovely bed. I turned on the A/C, covered myself with my blanket, closed my eyes, and I muttered

“Hahaha. I wonder what was wrong.”

I have a Gift that makes me see the world as a game and with that, I normally see people’s names, their condition, abilities, talents, power/s and/or gift/s if they have some and levels based on certain parameters and so on. However, in the case of that kid’s, I only saw “Deceiver” and “Zero”. I said I saw a Title but in truth, I just made that up. After all, there was no name. Just “Deceiver” in the place where there should be his name. Really. Is it a power or perhaps a gift? Not to mention, that “Zero” really bugs me. What could it be I wonder. Is it that my Gift is not strong enough yet to see through him or is he an exception to my eyes? Hahaha. An unknown, huh? It’s been so long since I felt like this. I guess it’s time for me to level up again. Hahaha.

I smiled wryly and drifted to dream land.

Then a new day has come. My phone is ringing saying that it is time to wake up with the time 5:20 AM. Hahaha. Early? No, no. A woman has to prepare a lot of things after all. I stood up and stretched a little and after a yawn, I prepared myself for the new day.

Ren’s POV

Aaaahhhhhh. I can’t stand up even when I want to. My phone says its already 6:00 AM, but who cares? It’s Friday and my class is later at 1 PM anyway. Yes, so… What do you normally do during these kinds of times? You go back to sleep! So yeah, I’ll go back to sleep. Right, like a normal person would.

*Knock. *Knock.

The moment I thought that, there came some knocks in the door. I decided to sleep so I took a long inhale air up to the brim of my lungs, held my breath, killed my presence and slept.

Then the door was swung open and a person came in. It was Elen.

“Ooooi, Ren? You still here?” (Elen)

“…”

“I guess not, huh?” (Elen)

She went out and closed the door. Meanwhile, I am sleeping soundly in the bed.

Elen’s POV

After I went to the room that Ren was staying in, I immediately went to my office for the student council and talked to Ike.

“Ooooi. Your cute little brother is not in the room anymore, okay?” (Elen)

“Ah. No, no. You are wrong. He is still there.” (Ike)

“Eh? I just went there, you know?” (Elen)

“Un. I know. He is still there. I checked, just now.” (Ike)

Ehhhh?! Wait, Ike wouldn’t lie. So is it a mistake? Nope. So he even deceived my gift? He is not even shown in my map. How does Ike know his brother is there I wonder. Which of his abiities allows him to find his brother, I wonder? Hmmm….

“Then what do I do then?” (Elen)

I asked while pondering whether Ike is right or mistaken or lying. He doesn’t seem to be lying though. Then, I think he is right. Yep, I’ll trust my gut here.

“Dunno. He still doesn’t have a place to stay, you know? Not to mention, he doesn’t have a cellphone, not even money left for the week.” (Ike)

He said without looking at me and without changing his facial expression by much.

“Heeeh… Guilt tripping me, eh? You have to practice more before you can successfully do that against me, you know?” (Elen)

I said proudly.

“Well, I tried.” (Ike)

He said. Then laughed and ended it with a wry smile.

“The rules says he can’t stay longer than he has stayed but… Well, we can make exceptions if you really want to. You gotta pay though.” (Elen)

“Hahaaha. Hell. How many millions do you think that would be, huh? Of course we can’t afford to pay that much. Our parents aren’t willing to pay for his sake too. So really, there is no way we can afford a stay in this place.” (Ike)

“Hoooo… Aren’t you sensitive when it comes to your little brother. You hardly talk that much except when you give speeches and try to encourage another person, you know? So, what’s the catch?” (Elen)

Ike sighed. He doesn’t usually do that. Heeehhhh, so there really us something.

“Well aren’t you perceptive.” (Ike)

Bingo. He just admitted it. Oh well, this might be because of my title Interrogator that allows me to get the information I want from the people that I ask about something. In fact, he can be praised for not disclosing the specifics of it because normally the people that I ask would spill everything like a water-filled bucket with holes during an earthquake.

“Well it’s one of my important skills after all.” (Elen)

“Sorry but I can’t tell you.” (Ike)

“So there really is a catch, huh? But whatever. If you don’t want to tell me, I won’t pry further.” (Elen)

Since his brother is still there, I guess it’s my responsibility to kick him out, huh?

“Gonna go for now then. Gonna go kick your little brother out.” (Elen)

“Un. Thanks, I’ll leave it to you.” (Ike)

Ren’s POV

Right now, I’m walking in the middle of nowhere wearing the clothes I was wearing since yesterday without money, cellphone, friends, or anything for that matter. I feel like I’m going to die soon. Ugh. Maybe you are wondering why is this so? Well, it’s actually pretty simple. I got kicked out. Really, literally and it hurts. It all happened so fast.

While I was sleeping, someone knocked once more to the door that connects the hallway and the room I was staying in.

“Oiiii, Ren. Wake up already. I know you are in there.”

“…” (Ren)

The door was pushed open again and I felt an intense glare directed towards the bed I’m sleeping on and the monster came closer and closer, and closer.

It was Elen. She took me by the scruff and dragged me just like that until we reached the exit of the mansion. She then kicked me out. LITERALLY! Really, it hurts.

Which takes us back to this situation where I still haven’t eaten, have no money, no cellphone, and no friends. Doesn’t matter anyway. I can live without food for 30 days, right? Oh gawd. Really. I’ll get thinner and thinner ‘til I die. Doesn’t matter anyway. No one would cry when I die. Not my family, not my acquaintances, not my nonexistent friends, no one. Let’s just wander around the campus ‘til my class comes. Yep. Nope. Not gonna waste energy, maybe I can survive longer than a month? Well, gonna go near the room of my next class and sleep then. Yep. Need to find a part time job and a place to stay. Siiiiigh. Don’t wanna. It’s a drag after all. I just wanna die. Hahaha. Haaaa…. What a dry laugh. What a dull laugh. Even if it is in my mind and even much more lifeless if I do it in real life. Well, not that it matters that much. After all, I won’t have to socialize and won’t have to have anything to do with people.

Really, this university is so big. So incompatible with me, just a below average guy with no money. I seriously need to walk in the middle of the day while the others use their cars to move through the university. Gonna walk, sleep, attend class, sleep in class, wake up before end of class, look through the window, all the while being bored being alive and hurt because I still haven’t eaten yet. Same old, same old. Routine life.

Then when I was looking through the window. I saw it, I saw it. I saw a monster that looked like mutated rabbit. It was 1 meter tall while it looks like it was about to pounce into the window I was looking through. Then it happened. I didn’t see quite well but, I saw it getting slashed, blood gushing out of the rabbit and disappearing. It didn’t disappear like what happens in games. It just poof-ed and disappeared, along with the blood that gushed out.

And there, standing was a girl with a thin black headband that prevents her long black hair from falling to her beautiful face. She is around my height but taller than me I guess, huh. Oh well. Who cares? Well, yeah, I said she is beautiful but that is based on how other males would see it. I’m not really that interested. After all, her eyes are alive. Too alive, even. Her eyes are very unlike mine, dead. She would not understand, I won’t understand and will never understand, and not like we’ll meet again. So who cares, really? Yep, I just continued to stare in that scenery beyond the window for no reason at all. Just my normal routine. I wonder what that was though. What was that huge rabbit and how did it disappear? Not like I’ll know anyway. Let’s just ignore it and continue my daily routine. By the way the girl was cheerfully humming and was skipping to somewhere I wouldn’t know and I won’t care.

The class ended like that, I went out and wandered outside the campus. Now its home-hunting time!



© 2017 Ozzz


Author's Note

Ozzz
Comments, rating, everything is welcome. Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on July 22, 2017
Last Updated on July 22, 2017
Tags: Re-Me, ReMe, chapter4


Author

Ozzz
Ozzz

Quezon City, NCR, Philippines



About
Graduate!!! Amateur more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Ren Chapter 1: Ren

A Chapter by Ozzz


Chapter 3: Elen 1 Chapter 3: Elen 1

A Chapter by Ozzz