Part 1 (Temporary title)

Part 1 (Temporary title)

A Chapter by Rudy Menjivar
"

Beginning.

"

He sat there quietly. On a small metalic chair waiting. Waiting for the night to come. He looked outside watching people pass by through means of driving, or simply through the means of walking. he envied them thinking how easy they must have it. Knowing that once they close their eyes they'll have the opportunity to open them again and be happy to see their life still undisturbed and preserved in the thin fabrics we call space and time. After watching a nice blue ford explorer pass by, he heard his mother call. "Tom, dinner's ready!"

After quietly standing up he moved the chair slightly aside towards his wooden working desk. And viewed his room as if inspecting it for a termite inspection. He slowly looked up at his Disney posters of Atlantis: The lost Empire, he then slowing sauntered out of his room and into the dinning room where a plate of spaghetti was waiting to be devoured by him. He saw his mother sitting on a chair on the other side of the table from his already eating the still steaming spaghetti. As he was sitting down he studied her she was wearing a blue tank top and blue jeans with matching blue sandles. Her hair short and auburn colored. Her eyes were a blue color which were accompanied by black spots under them which meant that she was very tired.

Tom couldn't bear to eat. He felt as though the food he was given were infected with poison and every bite he took from it meant another step closer towards iminent death. He finally stopped eating and looked up toward his mom. "Mom, where's dad?" He asked her. She suddenly stopped and looked at her son. "Tom, we've talked about this already. Daddy's gone. You know that." "No he's not!" He yelled. "He left toward Washington last night remember?" "He said he had to meet up with some of his friends from work remember.""Tom." "No!"

By this time he started crying. And left the dinning table toward his room. As he entered the hallway he momentarily noticed today's newspaper on a small table by his mothers room. It read: "Al-Qaeda plans to destroy World Trade Center foiled". Not knowing what the headline meant he continued his route toward his room and closing the door behind him.


© 2010 Rudy Menjivar


Author's Note

Rudy Menjivar
the usual. Enjoy. And tell me what you thought about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
Added on July 30, 2010
Last Updated on July 30, 2010


Author

Rudy Menjivar
Rudy Menjivar

Ontario, CA



About
My main genres are: Science Fiction, Mystery, Horror Minor Genres: Crime & Investigative I have decided to become a screenwriter/author I enjoy writing science fiction. more..

Writing