Entering Gaza

Entering Gaza

A Poem by John Alexander McFadyen
"

Where is this 'war' going?

"

Many buildings torn down,

smashed to dust and grey rubble

as the people cower, in fear

and hunger and thirst.

 

The wounded are left in pain

no analgesia available to them,

as hospitals run out of medicine

and generators grind to a halt.

 

Hundreds of thousands have fled

under the threat of bombardment,

gone to places of overcrowding

and yet more hunger and suffering.

 

Hamas struck Israel with brutality,

killed indiscriminately,

caught the defenders off-guard,

supposedly.

 

Now revenge is guaranteed

as the fire power of the State of Israel

is brought to bear and the territory is

squeezed bit by bloody bit.

 

It is hard to believe that more

is yet to come as the ground invasion

takes place in the hope of

excising the cancer of Hamas.

 

27/10/23

© 2023 John Alexander McFadyen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't think most people outside the conflict realize the underlying implications. Israel didn't just wake up one day and decide to invade Gaza. Israel has suffered daily bombardment up to and including today from both Hezbollah and Hamas. It isn't a "turf" war or an attack on the Palestinian state. The Palestinians have no legal claim over any parcel of land beyond squatter's rights. But that point aside, the Palestinian people elected a terrorist organization as of 2006 as their government which denies Israel's right to exist. When someone denies your right to exist and wants every Israeli dead (that has been the cry of Hamas and Hezbollah for quite some time) there's no "bargaining" with such. It's not, if you do this or that, we can work something out. It's we want you all dead and will keep attacking you until you are. That is the Palestinian mindset. The October attack did not begin this war. This war has been ongoing for a long time. Only, this time, Israel is taking the offensive rather than the defensive position in light of the unjust slaughter perpetuated on its people. If Israel were to level every inch of Gaza and pave over it with asphalt I'd consider it perfectly justifiable considering their former longsuffering attitude towards daily attacks. But the tide has turned now. The straw that broke the proverbial camel's back came in a bale big enough to make clear the intention. So Israel is not making its intentions subtle either. They intend to completely disband and destroy Hamas. The Palestinians under their rule are only pawns to Hamas for political power. The Israelis care more about the Palestinian civilian population than the Palestinian "leaders" do. Sad but true.

Posted 2 Months Ago


I'm illiterate in the arts of wars and politics but pain and sufferings as such are saddening sights.

Posted 5 Months Ago


John Alexander McFadyen

5 Months Ago

They are indeed, sadly driven by greed and psychopathic despots. Many thanks for reading.
Hard to understand how such hatred can be passed generation to generation like an inheritance.

Winston

Posted 5 Months Ago


John Alexander McFadyen

5 Months Ago

It is exactly that in some cases and I guess one can see both sides to this manufactured human catas.. read more
It seems a normal war, there were wars in those regions but rest of the world remained silent. The super power involved to make peace in 1995, it resulted in ISIS and alqaeda terrorists using people of poor countries such as Pakistan Afghanistan. We are in 2023, fighting for majhab/religion, looks ignorance, yoga globalization didn’t make them awake, what difference it makes when you follow a set of principles. Alcoholic drinks seen from birth in my family not a new to recognize whether he is drunk or sober. Last name I made husband’s name as first name. Not to create clashes stopping pronouncing my LN my heart my space❤️. Have a good time with progeny to your roots.

I know her what she wants mom is right, they occupy and they never give your roots.

She didn’t trust saccha Hindu how come she will allow Messaiah into their rooms.

I just say listen to your heart ❤️, not anyone.

-Jessy ❤️.



Posted 5 Months Ago


John Alexander McFadyen

5 Months Ago

I really do not see it as war. war is when two nations go against one another. Here a powerful natio.. read more
JessyJacob

5 Months Ago

Your point is correct. When you love someone you know how to care that person I learnt from you. Lov.. read more
JessyJacob

5 Months Ago

Was *. Typo.
Hi John, you are talking about 2000, if you say occupied of already existing love, then roots will be uprooted that they lose their mere presence too, just be careful of thinking even. G Bush, yes I agree, if one person is culprit you can’t defame whole country. That’s why I say good ways and evil means which identifies the people or a person. Bill C and G Bush both are Asmaan and dharthi ki difference both hail from same country. Gandhi and Godse born in same country. Sanjay and Rahul both born to Same mother. I know Vietnamese are not scary or what you say buzdil, they just don’t wanted the person, it all depends on what the heart wants when and what time. Hope this comes up as a lesson learned to everyone pyar kiya tho Jab dar na kya. Non violence is powerful weapon than saying or doing something. This is what I am doing now.

Posted 5 Months Ago


John Alexander McFadyen

5 Months Ago

Thanks for reading Jessy.
JessyJacob

5 Months Ago

Sure, John a loving heart ❤️ will be loved and taken care of. Innocent people are always under e.. read more
Great write and read.

With love,

Matthew

Posted 5 Months Ago


John Alexander McFadyen

5 Months Ago

Thank you Matthew.
It's hard to separate an enemy from a people and land they occupy and use as civilian shields and hiding holes. Terrorists are nothing new. There were over 200,000 global terrorist attacks between 1970 and 2020. But with the rise and advent of ISIS and other Islamic Jihad groups a new era in the war on terrorism is being entered. We do not fight an easily distinguishable enemy but an extremist ideology bent on the destruction of others and global domination through intimidation. These terrorist organizations do not want peace. They want the complete destruction and annihilation of Israel and western culture, not just from the middle east but from the earth. It's defined in their creed as their sole purpose for existence.

Posted 5 Months Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Months Ago

Read on William Herchel, the Atheist, who established zionism.
Sami Khalil

5 Months Ago

George Bush Jr. killed 120000 innocent Iraqi men, women and children over personal vendetta, oil an.. read more
Sami Khalil

5 Months Ago

Another fact FYI
Sorry to report to you
There is No democracy in the Bible, none, zero.. read more
The cancer is spreading...and we over here are starting to catch it as well.
Very painful war...this to me, is WWIII.
And several countries will end up being involved.
This a powerful poem, John.
j.

Posted 6 Months Ago


John Alexander McFadyen

6 Months Ago

It is indeed one conflict that seems destined to set the blue touch paper. I was talking to an Egypt.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 27, 2023
Last Updated on October 28, 2023

Author

John Alexander McFadyen
John Alexander McFadyen

Brixworth, England, United Kingdom



About
Well, have a long and complicated story and started it as an autobiography on Bebo but got writer's block/memory fogging. People liked it though and kept asking for the next chapter! fools.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..