When the Devil Comes Callin'

When the Devil Comes Callin'

A Poem by Dara

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide


when the devil comes callin’ he takes his time.


He doesn’t care about right or wrong,


just keeps singing his sad cruel song.


Pitting brother against brother,


he’ll damn your soul and damn another.


He messes with your thoughts and then


plays them back again and again.


No power on earth keeps us from fallin’,


only God can help when the devil comes callin’.

© 2016 Dara


Author's Note

Dara
Call it what you will, but there sure are some dark forces that find their way into the world. Not sure what the answer is, if even there is one!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The evil that lurks in the hearts of some is only equaled by the love in the souls of others. One can only hope love will win out. It's really only a matter of choice when you get right down to it. But the devil's in the doing.
Another great write. Charlie would be proud !

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dara

8 Years Ago

Love rules! A great comment and wonderful insight Bill. Thank you for stopping by. It is always nice.. read more
i accepted Christ the Savior many years ago ..and i can so relate to the substance of your poem ..Satan is not a boogy man ..he is smart and knows how to hit hard ..so grateful for Christs strong tower and fortress ... inside it we are given the armor needed ... a true warning and message that elevates and prepares me a bit for the day ahead ..thanks for sharing Dara!
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dara

8 Years Ago

"Amen" to that my friend. Thank you so much for your insight and taking the time to read and review .. read more
Einstein Noodle

8 Years Ago

:) ................ controversy is good says i! ... with first nod to respect eh!? :))
Dara

8 Years Ago

Yes indeed :-) Always nice to see you. Have a great day!
A very catchy rhythm to this write, Dara. It does seem there are some evil forces at work in our world. We can only hope things will change after November 2016. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dara

8 Years Ago

Yes, we can only hope! Thank you for your visit and thoughtful review Lydi. Take care!
Love grows when fed and so too evil grows when fed - if only man would stop feeding the devil maybe he'd die of starvation!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dara

8 Years Ago

Well said! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review. You have great insight :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2016
Last Updated on February 4, 2016

Author

Dara
Dara

NC



About
I am a retired teacher who has just recently discovered the joy of writing poetry. Formerly known as Passion Flower, I decided to publish using my own name. My poetry is simple and from the heart whi.. more..

Writing
Sister Moon Sister Moon

A Poem by Dara


Left Behind Left Behind

A Poem by Dara