Warned

Warned

A Chapter by LoveYourself
"

from the site 1Word

"

I warned you when she asked you out,

I told you she was as sly as a forest fox.

I warned you that she wasnt good news,

I told you she was just a pretty little liar.

 

I warned you she'd break your heart,

I told you that she was a heartless b***h.

I warned you that it wouldnt work out,

I told you that she really wasn't your type.

 

I warned you that you chose the wrong girl,

I told you I would be here for you in the end.

I warned you you'd end up with a broken heart,

I told you I'd love you even if you didn't pick me.



© 2011 LoveYourself


Author's Note

LoveYourself
Randomly written, but also a write based on something I've been through. My best friend Pablo (who I also had a crush on, and he had one on me..but I never thought we would come back out of a relationship as the best of friends as we were so I never asked him out, and never allowed myself to say yes...and back then I was still really shy and didn't think I was ready for relationships '-' ) went out with this girl in the 6th grade and I knew she was a total bi*ch. I had even gotten into a fight with her on the playground in 5th grade, and this is another reason why I didn't like her. The day she broke his heart, I was there for him and made sure he knew that I would always love him and be there for him. I know it was probably out of hurt, and other broken feelings he had, but he had kissed me. He was my first kiss, and my first love. We went out for about a month before school had ended, and then he moved to Austin, Texas and I lost contact with him cause neither of us had cell phones at the time. I wish I could find him. I miss him so much. Even at such a young age, at 12, I thought I could marry him one day. I still feel that way. We knew each other so well back then, and I hope that one day we'll meet again. I just hope that maybe I might get a shot at being able to be in his arms again one day. And if he is already taken, then I'll be happy that he has found his own happiness.. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometime we must touch the fire to feel pain to learn. I like the story and warnings in this poem. The flow and strong ending made the poem a very good poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 6, 2011
Last Updated on October 14, 2011


Author

LoveYourself
LoveYourself

Long Beach, CA



Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by LoveYourself