The Journey After Six Years

The Journey After Six Years

A Chapter by Ellusive Rose
"

Six years have passed and Siren now lives with Master Yen, Reina, and two other students who train with her day in and day out. Siren's personality has change a little, so how will she react to the news Master yen has to share?

"
You're My Protector
���������������������������������������� Chapter 2-The Journey after 6 years



"Hah!" called out a young boy as he charged towards his white haired enemy. The slender girl's eyes glared at him from the side waiting for the attack. In a few seconds he was just a few feet short of her.

"I got you now! he cried out as he jumped in the air ,about to deliver a deadly blow, but the girl disappeared from underneath him in a flash.

"What the---" he started cry out, but in a flash he caught a kick to the face and just like that he was on the floor. Then he looked up to find the white haired girl staring down at him coldly.

"You will never be stronger than me." she said in a dark, cold tone., "Never...." She walked away from the boy on that last note, then walked to the door on the top, right hand side of the training room. She turned to face the master, Master Yen before she left. "Master Yen, I will be going home early today."

The boy got up off the ground, his face bruised from the kick he recieved from her. "Wait I'm not done with you!" he yelled at her. Siren walked back to him. Looking at him coldly in the face.

"Oh he's done it now." said Master Yen. The young girl next to him spoke.

"He's a fool. To pick a fight with her like that out of nowhere." she said shaking her head in shame, "It's like he's begging to be killed." Master Yen placed a hand on her shoulder.

"She won't kill him as much as she would like to. She'll just make sure he know's his place. You have nothing to worry about, Shuran." he said. Shuran looked up at him.

"Master Yen...." she said. Master Yen took his hand off her shoulder and looked back at the boy and the girl in front of them.

"He'll be alright for now." he said reassuringly, "Although his hot headedness is something for concern." Shuran smiled and turned back to the two.

"I guess you're right..." she sighed, "But he's still a fool." Master Yen laughed and Shuran smiled.

On the floor, the girl and the boy were preparing to fight again.

"You might have gotten lucky the first time." he said boastingly, "but you won't get me again this time, I'm sure of it." The girl said nothing and stood there beckoning for him to come at her with her finger. This enraged him and he charged at her once again.

"No! Don---" Shuran started to cry, but Master Yen stopped her. She looked up at him confused. He looked at her.

"He'll have to learn for himself." he said quietly. Shuran nodded her head and went back to watching the fight. They boy had gotten close to her and threw a punch.

"Ha! I got you." he laughed triumphly, but he felt something holding his hand. He looked and saw that the girl caught his punch. Shuran stared in amazement.

"She's really strong." she said and Master Yen nodded.

"She's the strongest out there." he replied back to her comment. Shuran looked up at him in shock.

"Then he's really in trouble...." she stated quietly. The boy was shocked, but tried to retaillate and used his other hand to punch her. She caught the other one and hed both his fists.

"Here it comes." Master Yen said. The girl threw the boy in the air and he let out a cry.

"AAAHH!" he screamed as he hit the ceiling and came back down. He thought it was over until he saw the girl underneath him.

"AAAHHH! he screamed again. In a quick movement she lifted her right leg and kicked him repeatedly over a thousand times. When she was done, he went flying, then hit the floor. He tried to get up, but stumbled back onto the floor and coughed up a drop of blood. The girl looked at Master Yen.

"Siren wins, you can go Siren." he said in a calm voice. Siren started to leave the room again, but te boy stopped her.

"W-Wait.....I'm...not...done...yet." he said softly holding his arm. Shuran came to attend to him.

"Stop it Toya! You've done enough let it go!" she yelled at him. Siren looked at him then continued out the door. Toya grunted.

"Damn.......I....lost. Damn...her." he managed to say, then he collasped on the floor and fainted. Shuran started to panic.

"Toya! Are you okay?!" she screamed at him, but Toya didn't respond. Master Yen came up to her. Im surpised he was able to say that much after that, he thought. He placed a hand on Shuran.

"Take him to the Infirmary." he said in a demanding tone. Shuran nodded then walked off helping Toya. Master Yen stood in the middle of the room.

"She really is strong, maybe it's time for her to make her journey." he said then walked away.


"Reina, I'm back!" Siren called out as she enter the small house Master Yen had aquired for them. Siren went to her room and took of her short, green, training china dress and her white pants, placing them on her bed. She gathered her favorite red, dragon patterned, china dress and put it on. She was geting ready to walk out the room until she saw the pink flower hair clip sitting on the table. We'll meet again, I promise, she remembered. Even though she was dead on the inside that day, she could still hear the voice of her master, Tetsuya. She picked up the hair clip and held it close to her chest.

"'We'll meet again, I promise'" she repeated. She was interrupted when Reina came into the room. She quickly hid the hair clip behind her back and turned to face Reina. Reina bowed before Siren.

"Lady Siren." she said in a respectful tone, "I know you just got home, but don't you think that you should visit that boy, Toya, in the infirmary? I heared how the fight went, but Master Yen thinks it's a good idea that you do so."

"First, you don't have to call me Lady Siren, for I am not of royal blood." Siren stated, then continued, "Second, I will go see the boy if that is what Master Yen wishes, but let it be known that i am not doing this out of my own free will. That boy has a lot turn learn and has to know how to pick his battles, but for Shuran, your's, and Master Yen's sakes, I will go. I will return in a few." Siren started to head out the door, but remebered that she had the clip in her hand. She was about to put it down, when Reina, put a hand on top of hers.

"Why don't you wear it today, Lady Siren?" she said in a suggesting tone. Siren was surprised. This was the first time that Reina suggested anything to her. She didn't even suggesst something for her to where. Not to mention, her suggestion to go see Toya. I wonder what's going on, she thought, but erased the thought. She handed the clip to Reina.

"Can you put it on me?" Siren asked her. Reina agreed and stepped towards Siren to put on the hair clip. Reina was a little taller than Siren, so doing this would be easy for her. Siren felt a little bit of deja vu. Then the memory of when her master gave her the clip came back to her. She had said the exact same thing to him over six years ago. Those were the days, she thought to herself and smiled. Reina backed away when she was done.

"It's done Lady Siren." she said then grabbed a near by mirror, "See you look beautiful." Siren had to admit, she did look quite attractive. Her hair was in a ponytail with the clip holding it in place. She turned to Reina and bowed.

"Thank you, Reina." she said and started to head out the front door. Reina walked behind her, then standing at the doorway, she spoke.

"One more thing Lady Siren." she said. Siren turned around and stared at her.

"Yes?" Siren asked her intrigued by the sudden talkitive Reina. She normally never talked this much, even when they talked, it was always Siren who had to keep the conversation going. Reina walked up to Siren and placed a black chocker with a crystal heart on it, around her neck. Siren stared at her confused.

"Happy 16th birthday, Lady Siren." she said and walked back inside the house. Siren stood there stunned. That's right. It's my birthday, she thought to herself and walked in the direction of the infirmary.

.
Shuran sat at the foot of the bed Toya was resting in. She stroked his copper-colored hair and sighed.

"Why did you have to pick a fight with her, of all people?" she asked him, even though she knew he wouldn't answer. She stroked his arm. He flinched when she did.

"Oww........" he replied sleepily. He looked up at the blazing-haired girl, who was staring back at him. "What?" he asked confused by her look of surprise.

"Nothing.." she said getting up and sitting in the chair next to him, "Just didn't think you would wake up that fast." He looked at her with an even more confused look.

"What do you mean?" he asked her. Shuran crossed her legs and folded her arms. Then gave him and accusing glare.

"I mean that usually, after you're beaten up by Siren, you don't wake up until the day after tomorrow!" she stated angrily at him and then continued, "I mean how foolish are you to pick a fight with someone as strong as that! You're asking for and early grave!" She ended her rant with a hmph and turned her head away in disgust. He looked at her and calmly spoke.

"I wanted to fight her because she was that strong." he said. Shuran turned her gaze back to him and unfolded herself. She wore a confused expression.

"I don't understand......" she said confused. Toya's eyes looked gentle. The fire in him had died down and he was speaking in a softer tone.

"I want to become strong too." he said trying to make her understand, "I want to be the strongest, but that girl get's her strength from her will to protect someone, but also from something else." Shuran was even more confused.

"Like what?" Shuran pressured him intrigued at where the conversation is going. Toya's hazel-colored eyes met with Shuran's jade-colored eyes. His expression was different, something she had never seen before. It looked almost sad even.

"It's----" he was inturepted by the opening of the door. In walked Siren who looked around for the two of them. Shuran and Toya, both startled looked at her in surprise. Siren saw them and walked over. She stopped in front of Shuran.

"Ni hao Shuran." she said respectfully and bowed. She then turned to Toya, "And to you too, oh hot headed one." Shuran stifled a laugh and Toya's face grew red.

"Did you come here to torment me or something?!" he said angrily to Siren. Siren looked at him.

"Not really. I just came to bruise your ego, by restating the fact that you got beaten by a girl." she said bluntly. Toya clenched his teeth and Shuran broke into hysterical laughter. Toya sat up and shooed her away.

"Get out if that's all you came to do!" he said his face bright red from anger. Shuran calmed herself down a bit.

"Oh stop Toya. You're the same color as a crab." she put a hand in Toya's face, "Relax. I'm sure she just came to see if you were okay." Toya floped back down on the bed and turned his back to them. Shuran made a face at him and turned to Siren.

"You can have a seat if you like." she said gesturing to the seat next to her. Siren sat in the chair. Shuran looked at Siren closely and took notice of two things.

"That hair clip is beautiful." she said and moved in for a closer look. Siren blushed a little.

"Thank you. It was a gift from someone very important to me." Siren said touching the hair clip. Shuran smiled at Siren's blush. Must be someone very important, I guess, Shuran thought. She then took notice of the chocker and the crystal heart hanging from it.

"Where did you get that?" Shuran asked pointing to the chocker. Siren looked down.

"Oh this? Reina gave it to me toda because it's my birthday." Siren said. Shuran gasped.

"It's your birthday?! How old are you now?" Shuran asked her.

"16" Siren replied. Shuran smiled.

"Well then happy birthday!" she said, then turned to Toya, "Don't you have something to say to her?" Toya turned around to face them.

"So you finally caught up to the rest of us.":he said in a mocking tone. Shuran puffed up her face and Siren narrowed her eyes.

"Yes. Oh yeah that's another thing to bruise your ego with. You were not only beaten by a girl, but also by someone who is younger than you." Siren said coldly. Toya jumped out of the bed and stood in front of her.

"You annoy the hell out of me!" he yelled at her.

"And you do the same for me." she said coldly back to him.

"Stop making fun of me!" Toya yelled angrily

"Then stop leaving yourself wide open." Siren replied back. They went on fighting like that for about 5 minutes with Shuran sitting on the sidelines, trying to break the fight, but her efforts were in vain. The door opened again and the three of them stopped to look. It was Reina.

"Master Yen requests the you three's presence." she said bowing down to them, then she left the room. The three looked at each other. Shuran spoke.

"I wonder what Master Yen wants?" she said. the other two nodded. Toya faced Siren.

"We'll finish this later." he said sternly. Siren nodded .

"Indeed, we will." she said in the same tone. The three walked out of the room with Shuran helping Toya.


In the training room, Master Yen was waiting. The three trailed in with Siren on the left, Shuran in the middle, and Toya on the right with Shuran supporting him. Master Yen looked at them.

"Siren, why don't you help carry Toya?" he asked Siren in a very questioning tone, raising one eyebrow in the process. Siren bowed to him before she spoke.

"Why must you carry garbage, when it should be thrown out?" she replied in a very respectful tone. Toya mumbled under something under his breath.

"Damn brat." he mumbled. Siren turned her attention towards him.

"You say something?" she said sternly to him. Toya bursted out in anger.

"I wouldn't want to you to carry me anyway! You'll probably just drop me!" he yelled at her. Siren stared at himand smirked.

"Yes, that would have been exactly what I would have done and I would have left you there to cry like a little baby." she said slyly, "You're lucky Shurans' here or else you wouldn't have gotten here at all." Toya grunted and clenched his teeth. Calm down Toya. Don't let her get to you. Control.......to hell with control!, he thought. He let go of Shuran and swung at Siren who stepped back to dodge the attack. The swing made Toya loose his balance as Siren was coming in for the finishing blow. Then bam! Both were hit in the head by Master Yen. They both held there heads crying out 'oww'. Master Yen spoke.

"That's enough you two!" Master Yen said angrily. Siren, Toya, and Shuran looked at him, "You two are acting like little kids. Grow up!" Siren and Shuran bowed. Toya turned his head away in disgust.

"I'm sorry for my childish behavior earlier, Master Yen." said Siren bowing one more time. Master Yen turned to Toya.

"And what do you have to say, Toya?" he said. Toya peered at him from the side.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too, I guess." he said sourly, then mummbled something under his breathe, "She started it first. It's all her fault." Shuran heared what he said and shook her head. He never learns, she thought to herself. Master Yen went to sit on a cusion in the middle of the room. He motioned for the others to sit on the three other cusions in front of him.

"Come sit, I need to discuss something with you." he said. Siren sat on the left, Shuran in the middle, and Toya on the right. "Now then.....Siren I think it's time for you return to your original home." Siren's eyes grew wide as she started to understand what he was saying.

"Master Yen.......I can........return home?" she said hesiting on every two words. Master Yen nodded his head and smiled. Siren jumped up and down, squealing. Toya and Shuran looked at her surprised by her sudden behavior. Siren caught the two's stares, then calme herself down. "Sorry..."

"It's alright, I know you're just excited." Master Yen said to her. Toya leaped for joy after her. All three were surprised. "Toya, why are you celebrating?" Toya started dancing.

"It's because I'm happy....." he started then looked at Siren and smirked, "happy that I don't have to see your sorry face anymore!" He continued to dance. Shuran shook her head in shame and Siren narrowed her eyes. Master Yen spoke.

"Oh, but you will be." he said looking at Shuran as well, "You and Shuran will be going with her." Siren and Shuran looked at him and Toya stopped his dancing.

"What do you mean you old geezer?!" Toya said in a disrespectful tone. Master Yen threw a nearby wooden stick at him. It hit Toya in the head and he fell back onto the ground.

"I'm not that old!" he yelled at him angrily. He turned his attention to the two girls, "What I mean is, that you will also be living with her as well. Master Teikari is in need of a few more protectors, so we shall send you two." Shuran was estatic and turned to hug Siren. Siren was just glad to be returning home. Toya sat up, wide-eyed and cried out.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" he cried. Master Yen threw another stick at him to shut him up. Siren turned to Master Yen.

"What about Reina?" she asked him. Master Yen smiled.

"She will be staying here with me, helping the other students become strong." he said, "Now go and pack. You have a big journey ahead of you tomorrow. Master Teikari lives in a meadow a little ways fom here. It should take you about 2 days to get there." Siren and Shuran got up and bowed.

"Yes Master Yen and goodbye. Thank you for everything." they said in unison and started to leave the room. Shuran remembered Toya, who was on the floor unconcious and dragged him out of the room. Mater Yen was left alone.

"May your journey be a safe one." he said before he left.


Siren entered the house to be greeted by Reina. Siren ran to hug her.

"I will miss you Lady Siren." she said hugging back, "Your clothes and belongings are packed already. Go and get some rest and when you make it to the palace, be sure to tell Master Teikari hello for me." Siren let her go.

"I will." she said and went to her room and fell asleep.

Tomorrow, a journey awaits me, she thought.

End Chapter


This was an original story written by Imani Smith. June 16 2009


© 2009 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
anything goes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
Added on June 17, 2009
Last Updated on June 24, 2009


Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing