Chapter 1: Princess of Elements

Chapter 1: Princess of Elements

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1
"

I know some of you already read this but...The book is finished now! >:D

"

Chapter 1: Princess of Elements

 

 

One hot Arizona summer day, a sixteen year old girl lied in her bedroom to escape from the blazing summer heat that raged on outside. She was looking up at her ceiling fan from her bed with blank blue eyes while listening to her iPod and thinking of random scenarios. She was currently wearing a yellow shirt with a flower design, dark blue pants with four buttons each, black boots, and a light brown 80’s looking hat on her long brunette hair which reached down her back to her elbows. The girl sat up turning her iPod off and came back into reality. She grabbed her small purple and black backpack which made the sound of clinging of plastic banging together. She walked out of her room and went down the stairs. Coming to the kitchen she took a brown paper bag and stuffed in snacks like: chips, fruit snacks, and any other type of junk food. She placed the items in her backpack zipping it closed and put it on over her shoulders. She walked over to the large sliding door that led to her backyard. There was a stucco ceiling over her head with a ceiling fan turned on to hopefully cool her down a little. There was a small healthy, stately grassy sward area on her right with a majestic rose garden and trees; ahead of her is rocky terrain filled with small pebbles of rocks and large flat rocks placed down for her to step on as she made her way to the sandbox her cat would often do its business in causing her to gag a little. She instead decided to walk over into the nice grass.

     “I, Pokémon trainer Sarah Hollenbeck, will be the best Pokémon trainer ever!” Sarah said pulling out a small red and white sphere, holding it up in the air. She walked around the yard some more, mindlessly thinking of a fake Pokémon adventure for a while till her stomach soon began grumbling informing her she was getting hungry. She clenched her stomach and took off her backpack while she sat down on the cool grass and declared it lunch time, eating her snacks away.

~***~

After a long thirty minutes or so of playing outside, Sarah decided it was time to head back inside to cool down. Coming in through the sliding door she threw away the empty bag and wrappers into the trash can. She headed back upstairs to her room, dropping her bag down and flopped onto her bed. Sarah began to feel exhausted from being outside for so long and closed her eyes to rest them…but there was a sudden banging noise that caused her to sit up quickly.

     “W-what was that?” She asked looking around the room. The door to her room had creaked open. Sarah froze in place. She turned around slowly to see a mysterious man. He was tall and well-shaped with milk chocolate skin. His golden topaz eyes had a sense of fear that ran through her whole body with small spectacles over them. He had on a gray shirt with a large yellow overcoat, a black top hat with a dark purple ribbon coiled around, black jeans, and dress shoes. He gave the quivering girl an evil shark tooth grin as she scrambled in her bed. Two younger boys came up from behind him, both with jet black hair and golden eyes. One had a top hat as well, wearing a black tux and had light tan skin with a small beauty mark below his left eye. The other had a similar yellow trench coat as the man and milk chocolate skin.

     “Good evening, Princess. I have come here to retrieve you.” The man said.

     “W-what?!” Sarah asked. The man turned to the boy with the tux and simply said, “Tyki.”

     “Yes, Earl.” Tyki replied, seeming to know what the man, Earl, was going to say next. He stepped forward and took ahold of Sarah by the arm, dragging her out of her bed.

     “Ah! L-let me go!” Sarah pleaded, while trying to pull away.

     “You have a special power that I need to have.” Earl said.

     “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about! I don’t have any powers!” Sarah said, continuing to pry herself out of Tyki’s iron grip.

     “You may not know you do, but you do and it’s a threat to me.” Earl said.

     “Let me go!” Sarah pleaded again.

     “Not in a million years.” He said. Tyki handed Sarah to Earl. Earl dragged Sarah over to her door, opening it to reveal a dark hallway, turned to her and said, “After you, Princess of Elements.”

     “Let her go, Earl!” A man’s voice exclaimed. Earl and the two boys turned around to see a man with white hair, emerald eyes and pale skin. He wore a white tuxedo and had soft snow white dove wings coming from his back. Sarah turned her head to see the angel man and was about to cry for help until Earl covered her mouth.

     “You’re too late, Calcifer. I got to her first and there is nothing you can do to stop me.” Earl said. Sarah struggled and muffled, but it was no use, his strength was too much for her.

     “King Waldorf sent me to fetch her and I cannot let my lord down. I’ve got some very important business to take care of with this girl so please, Earl, step away from her.” Calcifer Said.

     “I can’t let her go now, besides, my business is much more important than yours.” Earl said.

     “You’re just planning to curse her so she can be a part of the Shadow’s.” Calcifer said. Hearing such words caused Sarah to stiffen and widen her eyes. “I won’t let that happen to the Princess.” He lunged towards Earl and spin kicked him making him let go of Sarah and fall to the floor with the two boys helping him regain consciousness. Sarah quickly ran to a small corner in her room (since going through her door was no longer an option) and fear began to take over her.

     “W-what do you want from me?”

     “I’m here to protect you as your guardian angel from that man who almost kidnapped you.” Calcifer said in a sweet angelic tone. He held out his hand, offering her to take it, but Sarah stayed silent and kept sitting in the corner, scared of what he would do. Scared if the words he spoke were a lie.

     He’s a stranger…I can’t go with a stranger like him. Sarah thought. Fed up with waiting, Calcifer took ahold of the girl’s wrist and pulled her close to his chest; the two disappeared in a flash of light.

     “Damn it! I was so close to obtaining her till he came.” Earl said through gritted teeth.

     “Sir, what should Tyki and I do now?” The other boy asked.

     “Simple, Neah. Find her and bring her to me so I can give her the curse and change her into a Shadow.” Earl said moving his hair out of the way. “And if anyone gets in your way, you know what to do.”

   Tyki and Neah smiled.

     “Yes sir.” Tyki said. He turned to Neah. “Come, Neah. We’ve got to please our master.

~***~

Sarah and Calcifer had now appeared into the woods. Sarah freaked out how close she was to him and pushed away from him.

     “Where am I? Last thing I knew I was in my room about to be kidnapped!” Sarah said. “Who are you and why did you bring me here?”

     “I am Calcifer and I had been sent by the King to bring you to the castle for your own safety.” Calcifer said.

     “What? I don’t understand. Why did those people appear in my room? What do they want with me?” Sarah questioned.

     “They came to turn you into a Shadow by giving you a curse. In order to complete the curse you would have to die and you’d lose all memory of your human life.” Calcifer explained. “But you hold a different power " a power that, if fallen into the wrong hands, could control all the elements and take over the world.” Sarah blinked a few times, trying to take in all this while in complete shock.

     “So- so I do have powers; since when?” Sarah asked.

     “Ever since you turned sixteen.” Calcifer clarified.

     “B-but that was yesterday!”

     “Yes, which means you need to come with me, back to the castle as soon as possible.” Calcifer held his hand out again but this time she ran off, deep into the woods. “Princess, please!” Sarah ignored Calcifer and just kept running forward, unfortunately running out of breath as soon as she started. Sarah hid behind a tree and sat down to rest for a bit. Calcifer ran past her and she got wide eyed, standing back up with the sound of the dead fallen leaves cracking around her.

     “Princess?” Calcifer called hearing the crunching of the dead leaves. Sarah froze for a quick second, but then began to run. Calcifer spotted her and pursued her. Sarah looked back to see he was getting closer and, by fear, she began to run faster than ever before. “Princess please- Oh my- where’d that speed come from?”

     “I’m not going to any king! I just wanna go back home!” Sarah said. She continued to run till her speed slowed and she became fatigued and ran out of stamina. “I-I can’t run any more….” Her legs gave out and she began to feel very dizzy. The ground beneath her suddenly began to crumble and she froze in total fear. She slowly looked below her to see that if she were to try moving she would fall down a very steep hill. Unfortunately the ground caved in but as she was about to fall to her death she was tugged at just in time and came to a man’s chest with arms wrapped around her in a tight protective hug.

     “I’ve finally found you!” The mysterious figure said happily.

     “UWAAHHH! LET ME GO! I DON’T WANNA SEE THE KING!” Sarah screeched while trying to get out of the figures grip but as the same thing from before happened; she was not strong enough.

     “King? I don’t know what you’re talking about, dove.” The figure said.

     “T-then you must be a Shadow…” Sarah said with tears beginning to form in her eyes.

     “No, no, I’m no follower of the king nor a Shadow.” The figure said. “If I were a Shadow, you would have fallen.”

     “Then are you a kidnapper?” Sarah asked.

     “No way, I’m a nice guy. I don’t kidnap pretty girls like you.” The figure said loving how he was playing the guessing game with this girl he helped save making her blush at the comment that she was pretty. “In fact, I help them with their problems.”

     “You…you do?” Sarah asked.

     “Yes.”

     “…Well, I have a problem right now…”

     “What is it?”

     “I don’t know where I am and want to go home.” Sarah said.

     “Hmmm…Where do you live?” He asked resting his chin on Sarah’s shoulder making her feel strange and turning a tomato red, stuttering, “M-Mesa A-Arizona.”

     “Huh? Sorry to break it to you but, that place doesn’t exist.”

     “What?! Yes it does! Who are you to say it doesn’t exist!” Sarah asked as he suddenly carried her bridal style. “E-eep! P-put me down!”

     “Hello. My name is Jack Heartstopper.” The figure said giving Sarah a kind smile that seemed to radiate beauty. He has long golden hair put into a loose braid reaching far below his back, bright emerald eyes, and soft porcelain skin. He wore a white long-sleeved shirt with a black vest over, a green overcoat with golden edges that covered the vest a little and white boots with black on the bottom. “What’s your name?”

     “S-sa-s-sa” Sarah stammered.

   Jack laughed.

     “You can tell me your name later, for now I’ll take you back to my place till we find your family.” Jack said and walked off deeper into the woods with the flustered tomato red girl in his arms.

~***~

Tyki and Neah had come into the woods where they suspected Calcifer would be when he took Sarah a little while ago and began their search for them.

     “You don’t think he took her to the kingdom yet do you, Tyki?” Neah asked.

     “They might be but we should check here anyway; who knows?” Tyki said. Just then a deer suddenly passed by. It lowered its neck, nibbling at the grass. Tyki noticed the small animal and he opened his hand out flat and a dark purple butterfly appeared from his hand. The wings were like diamonds each with a poker symbol on the butterfly. It fluttered, its wings taking off as Tyki whispered to it, “Teez, you know what to do.” and landed on the deer, shocking it. Tyki walked over and tapped onto the butterfly making it go into the deer. The deer’s coat changed and it was a dark purple with red glowing eyes.

     “What are you planning to do, Tyki?” Neah asked.

     “Once the girl is in its sight, it will stop at nothing to capture her. And until then, we’ll wait here.” Tyki said as he sat down on a rock, pulled out a cigarette, lit it and let out a breath of smoke. As the two boys waited, the possessed deer ran off into the depths of the woods to search for Sarah and bring her back to the Noah brothers.

~***~

Jack had arrived to his so called place he had mentioned (turned out to be a log cabin), setting down Sarah on the couch. Jack sat happily next to her and began to cuddle up next to her, Sarah felt very uncomfortable.

     “So, what’s your name?” Jack asked. Sarah flustered a little and replied while playing with her hair, “S-Sarah…”

     “That’s a pretty name. Sarah, Sarah…I like that!” Jack said smiling.

     “T-thanks…” Sarah said shyly. Jack noticed she was feeling shy and not that talkative so he got up and went into the kitchen. Sarah looked up to see him leave the room, leaving her all by herself.

     Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh…he…he looks so cute…what should I do? I need to get back home though… Sarah thought. There was the sound of water boiling and soon after, the sweet smell of noodles. Sarah perked up with a curious look in her eyes. She wanted to know what this stranger, Jack, was making. After a couple of minutes, he soon came back and he had made spaghetti. Sarah jumped up from her spot and stood there, gazing at the food he had just brought out.

     “Is spaghetti your favorite?” Jack asked seeing that Sarah seemed to be inching closer with a happy yet flustered expression.

     “Yes……It’s my favorite food, ever.” Sarah said. She began to drool over on wanting to eat it right now. Jack got out two plates and set them down on the table.

     “How much?” Jack asked.

     “I-I can have some?” Sarah asked, surprised at his kindness and hospitality.

   Jack laughed.

     “You’re a very cute girl. Of course you may have some.” Jack said and took Sarah’s hand, leading her to the table to be seated, sliding the chair in.

     “Thanks.” Sarah mumbled softly.

     “How much?” He asked once again to hear Sarah’s reply, “A lot.”

~***~

After a good meal, there was a scratching sound coming from the door and Jack got up to answer it.

     Wait, what if it’s that guy that’s trying to take me to the king? I-I need to hide just in case! Sarah thought frantically and stood up from the table, quickly placing her plate over by the sink to be polite and running into the bed room.

     “Hello?” Jack asked answering the door. The purple deer was there, welcoming itself in and wandered about the room. “Uh-oh, uh, h-hey, I’m gonna need you to leave little deer.” Jack tried to grab the deer to get it out of his cabin, but the deer glared at him with its red eyes glowing and Jack slowly backed away. The deer turned back and began to sniff at the floor. Its head perked up, and it suddenly grew bigger and began to look scary, heading towards the bedroom door. It knocked down the door; Sarah was standing over by the window and immediately began to freak out as it came closer. She trembled violently.

     “H-help!” She screeched. Jack heard Sarah’s cry for help and thought fast by grabbing a sword with a golden handle and pure white blade. The deer glared at the girl as if it were looking into her soul. She began to lose all feeling in her legs and began to fall. The deer caught her and placed her on its back.

     “Sarah!” Jack said standing by the door. The deer turned around and gave a death glare and began to snarl. “I’m not letting you take her away, she’s in search of returning home and I will stop at nothing to get her back to her family.”

     “J-Jack…?” She said weakly as she fainted.

   The deer roared and it began to change into an ugly beast with sharp fangs, claw like hooves and jet black wings. A dark aurora surrounded the creature, Jack standing his ground, waiting for the right moment to attack. The beast then charged towards Jack, slashing at him, but he quickly dodged it and slashed back at it, but was blown back from its wings, Jack hitting the wall hard. His sword had stabbed into his side. The beast then ran out of the cabin, Jack struggling to get up.

     “S-Sarah…” Jack groaned pulling the sword out, holding his hand at the wound to keep the bleeding at bay.

~***~

The beast came to the Noah’s with Sarah on its back, setting her down. Tyki praised the beast and killed it right on the spot. Neah bent down to Sarah, tilting her up and tying her hands behind her back while Tyki gagged her mouth. Neah and Tyki took Sarah by the arms and as they were about to go back to Earl, a white figure flashed by and just like that, Sarah was gone.

     “The hell?!” Tyki said.

     “But we had her in our hands just now!” Neah said.

     “Humph! Well we aren’t gonna stand here all day and let her go. We need to bring her back with us so Earl will be pleased.” Tyki said.

     “Right.” Neah said and the two disappeared in the shadows.

~***~

Jack was weakened and in great pain from the attack he took from the beast and his sword, clutching his side that had bled a pool of blood.

     “I-I need to get help…” Jack muttered, gritting his teeth at the searing pain and cringed from time to time. There was a knock at the door and he sluggishly looked up at the door. “Who could that be?”

   He weakly stood up, clutching his side and came to the door, opening it too suddenly. He was tackled to the floor.

     “Jack!” A girl figure said happily snuggling him.

     “Ow! Who are you?!” He asked covering his side while pushing the girl off him.

     “It’s me, Road.” The girl Road said. She had dark purple hair, peach skin and golden eyes. She wore a long sleeved white shirt with a red ribbon, a very short dark purple skirt, light and dark purple striped tights and jet black buckle shoes with a black cloak on.

     “No…” He muttered softly. “Last name?”

     “Taxidermy. I’m pretty sure you’ve heard that name before when you worked for daddy.” Road replied, with a smile, Jack’s eyes widening with fear.

     “Wait, you’re Earl’s daughter?!”

     “Yes, but, well, you see…” She began to make tears stream down her cheek. “I seem to have gotten separated from daddy, so I came here, hoping you’d help me find him.”

     “Sorry, but I don’t work for him or his minions anymore. Even if you are a girl, I cannot help you.” Jack said.

     “Meany head! Looks like I have no other choice but to force you to come back with me. Plus,” Road put her hand on Jack’s deep wound making him cringe and said sweetly, “you need help.”

     “Get away from me!” Jack said pushing her away.

     “Jack, you need to treat that wound if you want to ever see that girl again. What was her name? Sierra?” Road taunted, licking the blood on her fingers from the bloody wound.

     “Her name is Sarah. How do you know her?” Jack said glaring at Road.

     “Cause daddy plans to take control over her so he can rule all worlds.” Road said smiling.

     “No!” Jack exclaimed. “I promised her I’d help her get back home and that’s what I plan to do.”

     “Gosh. You’re more stubborn than I remember you were.” Road said frowning. “If you really want to help her, you’re in no condition to with your side like that. Just give yourself up the easy way and come with me, or be in more pain than you already are. Your choice.”

     “Sorry, but no thank you, I can handle things on my own.” Jack declined.

     “Wrong choice, Jack.”

   Road held her palm up to Jack and an electrical shock ran through his body and he collapsed; Road and Jack disappeared into the shadows.

~***~

Sarah groaned in her sleep, tossing and turning till her eyes bolted awake.

     “Huh? W-where am I?” Sarah said looking around her new surroundings. She was in a room with white crystal walls, a glass chandelier above her head and lying in a soft snow white bed. She got up feeling a bit tired still but forced herself to walk around the room. She picked up glass shoes like the ones in Cinderella and gazed at them in awe.

     “Hello Princess. I see you’ve finally awoken.” A familiar man’s voice said startling her so much, she almost dropped the shoes. “Oops, sorry for startling you.”

     “Who are- wait, you’re that angel that tried to take me to some king!” Sarah said backing into the wall.

     “You nearly got kidnapped by Earl and his minions, but I saved you and now you are safe in King Waldorf’s castle.”

     “What?!” Sarah said. Oh no! I’ve been kidnapped by some king from another world!



© 2013 PokemonFan#1


Author's Note

PokemonFan#1
I will be drawing an illistration sometime soon I hope.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"She was currently wearing a yellow shirt with a flower design... the sound of clinging of plastic banging together" First off, unless it furthers the plot, tells us something about the character, or comes into play later in the story, don't describe what she's wearing. Or the backpack, it's not needed, its just fluff.
" “I, Pokémon trainer Sarah Hollenbeck, will be the best Pokémon trainer ever!” " She's 16 it seems childish for her to be announcing it. You could just tell us as the narrartor (one of the benefits of talking in 3rd person)
"Sarah froze in place. ..., and dress shoes." You can describe him here, but there is a better way to do it. Like in the line about his eyes and fear, I can't really tell who is scared here him or her or both? There is a better way you can describe him that doesn't sound so well "here he is"
The description of Calcifer again same note as before just like
"...so I can give her the curse and change her into a Shadow" I hope you add more to the villian than this later on, it's interesting. I can't wait to figure out why he wants to hurt her.
"Jack Heartstopper" Can I just say I love this name hahaha. But since it looks like he will be the love interest make sure to describe him in a love like way.
" deer’s " Wait do pokemon even exist here?
" “S-Sarah…”" New paragraph.
" “How much?” He asked once again to hear Sarah’s reply, “A lot.” " Again new paragraph when Sarah speaks.
"... I will stop at nothing to get her back to her family.” " Why in the world does he have such conviction to help her? You are giving their relationship no depth and he has no reason to help her, other than not to ruin his house so far or to sleep with her. Also this line seems very unprovoked and it's clear that you put it in there to show how much he cares for her already.
"..deer... snarl. " Deers...snarl?
".. but was blown back from its wings,"When did the deer get wings?
Road Taxidermy. Haha, yes! I love that name, why not give them all funny names like that, since they're all from the same world. However its like "bam" this is going to be Sarah's competitor for Jack's affection. Also if she's supposed to be a villian she doesn't really come off as one (I only realized later that she was supposed to be the daughter of the evil earl not a different on that is good) I like her design its girly but she doesn't seem evil which is what you push for later here. She comes of as some one who has a crush on Jack.
"If you really want to help her, " How did Road find out about Sarah, when did she even see her? How does she know that's the girl that Jack is trying to help? How does she even know Sarah's name?
"Oh no! I’ve been kidnapped by some king from another world!" You don't need to say that at all.
Overall you have a good idea going here, but some things don't make sense and you have a lot of confusing material. Like the whole pokemon thing, then I didn't know Earl was the villains name i thought that was a title. But you could have something here for an adventure. I suggest you put this up on fanfiction.net for a more fitting audience if it is supposed to be a fanfiction. I hope you rewrite this and keep going :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 25, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013


Author

PokemonFan#1
PokemonFan#1

In a land only Alice was said to go to; through the tunnle and down the rabbit hole; Wonderland, AZ



About
I am.... ☐ Single ☐ Taken ✔ Mentally married to Jack Vessalius I am a Pokémon geek, Mormon, singer, artist, writer and a picky eater.... I like to read mang.. more..

Writing
Chap 1 Chap 1

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1