Turn of Events

Turn of Events

A Chapter by Unknown Known

Being in the back of my “good ol’ friends” police car, made me realize how screwed my situation really is.
I’m wearing a bloody shirt, I was seen coming out of a house of a dead man, and I was seen, probably recorded, getting the mess knocked out of me and returning the favor, just the same. I mean come on, if I get into a fight, I don't lose. Even I have to admit, that was a stretch, though. I shake my bloody head, chuckling slightly.

“I must be crazy, to have taken on a guy that big. Well, not crazy.”

The police officer, that's driving, responds with a laugh, “I’d say so! It was a pretty big treat. You were going head to head with that guy! Both mentally and physically. Well… Actually it was more you both, going head to ground. He didn't know how to feel! Both of you were a bloody mess.”

“Yep, I don't know where that strength came from, but it-... Hurgh!”

The officer automatically rolls down the window. I thank him with spilling my guts out the window instead of on the seat. The “Red Mustang” behind us swerves to miss the trail. I say it like this because the red looks like an orangey sorta yellowish color. Whatever. It's not important in the slightest. Not evenly funny, or oddly funny… Well. I guess it is pretty important.
They could really get hurt swerving like that, so why not just run over the bial and be done with it?

I stick my head back in the window and use my forearm to wipe my mouth.

“I don't think cops are supposed to roll the window down for the criminals.” , I say with a smirk.


“Heheh, that's funny.”, he says as he flicks a switch to off. “I don't think someone should assault another person, or be wearing a bloody shirt. Also, who says you are a criminal?”

I'm left dumbfounded, actually. Until he points at the box he just switched off. I can see him smirk from here.

“You can't be convicted of a crime, without evidence.”

I have never smiled so much in my life! I couldn't believe it!

“No B.S.?”, I say with a full fledged grin. "I'm not gonna get arrested? You're just gonna let me off like that? What about the man?”

“We won't be letting you off, per say, but you won't be arrested. As long as orders are followed, that is."

"Wait orders? What?"

"In time kid. By the way, which man were you talking about?"

“You know about them both!?”

“Quiet down a little. Yea, I know about him. I'm a cop. It's kinda my thing, kid.”

“But everyone will-.”

“Look kid. That girl called in a favor to help you, her last one, might I add. Everyone on the street with you has been paid off, and sent away. The man in the house was attacked by his, aggressive and terribly dangerous, dog. The man put up a struggle, but the dog took the man's life by a bite through his neck. The dog was put down with a silenced gun, as to not disturb the neighbors, further.”

“Okay, but what about the-”

“You accidentally bumped into a man, as you were very traumatised by what you witnessed. The man pushes you down, looking for a fight. You hold your own against him till the cops are able to pry you both from each other. The assailant got away, as the other officer tends to your wounds.”

“But what was I doing in the man’s house anyway?”

“You were visiting, as the dog broke out.”

“That makes sense… Who… was the girl that… Called in the favor? And why did she?”

“She's the girl you met on the street. Black hair, freckles?”

“Well I didn't exactly see her face.”, I scoff.

“Nevertheless, her name is, Avery.”

“Avery?”, I ask waiting for more.

“That's it. Just Avery. We have no records of her or know anything about her, but she has helped us in the past in weird ways, so we owed her a few favors. She must really like you kid. She almost never uses the favors. Now that I think about it, I’ve never seen her use the favors to benefit anyone else but herself, either. Sure you've never met her before?”

“Is that a joke cause you think I have a concussion?”

The officer looks back just for a second, grinning, before saying, “It's whatever you want it to be, but answer the damn question boy.”

I decide to be a coy smartass and say, “So I went from Kid to title of Boy, now?”

He catches on it and says, “You are about to go from free to being someone else's “B”, in a minute.”

“Point taken!”, ꅏꍟ laugh. “Point taken.”

“So what are you trying to do kid? You can either stay here, riding in the car with me, and I’ll tell you more about Avery. Then there is the other choice, I let you out and you go through this blind.”

“Not much of a chard choice, officer. Cause I'm a little tired of going into “hell” blind.”

He slides a first aid kit under his chair, to the back seats. I feel kinda stupid, cause this is the first moment I notice, I have no hand handcuffs on.
I should've known some s**t was off, just from that!
Anyway, I open the box and wipe the blood off my head using the wet nap.
There are no cuts or anything. Just blood.
Weird right? Is that weird?

The officer shifts in his seat and says, “Here is the story of Avery.”


© 2017 Unknown Known


Author's Note

Unknown Known
Newest version of Chapter 4.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i like this story a lot, and it does a good job of showing the insanity of the main character. also, one of my friends was reading this with me, and she decided to draw Avery the Incubus. i sent it to your gmail, and her deviantArt is MelodyNomRocket if you want to check her out!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremiah N. Tarvin

7 Years Ago

that she is. she has some real talent, even if she doesn't think so.
Unknown Known

7 Years Ago

My friend just told me about her! They follow each other. I cannot see how they have so much talent... read more
Jeremiah N. Tarvin

7 Years Ago

nope ill take a look



Reviews

hey the main character is a boy named Dean right

Posted 7 Years Ago


Unknown Known

7 Years Ago

Correct. He has many names. You'll learn more about his actual, Voice Name, later one. But his names.. read more
i like this story a lot, and it does a good job of showing the insanity of the main character. also, one of my friends was reading this with me, and she decided to draw Avery the Incubus. i sent it to your gmail, and her deviantArt is MelodyNomRocket if you want to check her out!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremiah N. Tarvin

7 Years Ago

that she is. she has some real talent, even if she doesn't think so.
Unknown Known

7 Years Ago

My friend just told me about her! They follow each other. I cannot see how they have so much talent... read more
Jeremiah N. Tarvin

7 Years Ago

nope ill take a look
I certainly look forward reading more. You have so much talent. xo Karma

Posted 8 Years Ago


Unknown Known

8 Years Ago

Thank you Karma.
Now. We want everyone to know. The story line goes from present tense to past tense, and back and fourth, because he's not mentally sane. He has a hard time keeping up with what's real, what time it is, etc. Especially since he's in an abnormal-like void.
So I just wanted to let you all know this in, Kinda-sorta, advance.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2016
Last Updated on February 4, 2017


Author

Unknown Known
Unknown Known

MO



About
Oh, hello. Am I bothering you? What about my writing? You like it? Well wonderful. Words do not express how happy I am to hear this. Thank you, and enjoy. more..

Writing
Avery Avery

A Book by Unknown Known