I love you Mum

I love you Mum

A Chapter by Dhara_Ditzy Kat
"

Ranting...

"

I love you Mum


I love you mum for your tight-lipped beauty and the way you flutter your lids in disapproval, fifty times per second. And those mind-blowing silences the art of stretching which you have perfected over a lifetime. A second short and we live and a second more and we die. For the Mount Everest chill. And for letting us feel atom bomb level heat without lighting a matchstick.

For sitting on judgment on your padded throne. In your time they did this and they did that. Girls kept their mouths and legs shut till their wedding day and thereafter opened them only at a tightly calibrated width. So it must be painful that a rotten apple rolled out of your womb? One that you’d happily donate to a bordello and spray your hands with your favorite sanitizer.

I love you mum for all the armageddons you set off in my life with an almost inaudible, infinitesimal word slipped here or there, obscure as a post-lunchtime fart. One which you could always later deny. “I never said that” your mantra. Your amnesia is a gift as my memory is a curse. And yet you remember the marks you scored in every subject as a toddler.

I love you mum for sitting there forever scandalized by something blasphemous the world did. Unchanging, abiding and enduring in your ironed cotton gowns, muttering, “You too Brutus” 

For peering at my fully made-up face and telling me I need a better nose. For putting on ten kilos in 3 months and telling me my middle is an inch bigger and I should diet. Yet I love you for being a pudding and still eating chocolate pudding every now and then.

I love you mum.  For being a mouse and a lion in the same breath. For going picnicking while sending me perpetually guilt-tripping. For  making me feel like I need colon irrigation and a lobotomy and a chemical menopause, all within 5 minutes of starting a conversation with you.  I love you mum for always looking like you just swallowed the Universe.  



© 2021 Dhara_Ditzy Kat


Author's Note

Dhara_Ditzy Kat
To be heavily edited later....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh My... What are we doing?
Ahah I L... you! Forever and ever!

No homo thing! Whoever, whatever you may be.

So nice to meet people with more or less... the same view.

The first chapter is awesome... looking forward for the rest.

Damn... I wrote a couple or 3 or 4 poems...

You are writing a whole book!

Yay! Way to go!!!

I luv you my dear Mummy! ;) See... it's a tear drop in my eye...

:)

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhara_Ditzy Kat

1 Year Ago

Oooh mama mia! My book began write in my crib. She's quite a muse me mom. Thank you thank you for li.. read more
The_Ancient_Rock

1 Year Ago

You are most welcome.

;)



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This is the kind of witty, satirical ranting that we need to read! Just plain, downright good humour on the page, well written and without any hysterical angst in sight! I can certainly relate to many things in this piece. Mum's share many of these quirks of character you have described. They, of course, do it all out of love, as they say! It's their first line of defence. This is a very enjoyable rant and makes for a fine start to your new "Pain in the a*s" catalogue. I am sure there will be many more pains to come! Witty as only our favourite Kat can do! :))

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhara_Ditzy Kat

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear sweet Jamila. This kitty is all awash with joy and lots of smiles here. Mums are wond.. read more
So, I'm thinking your mum maybe, though I could be completely wrong disapproved of you. Is your mum my mum. Anyway, mums are put on earth to be judgemental, or just mental. Did your mum give you that speech. Someday you'll be like me. I'm assuming your mum is no longer around to nag you into submission, though they do come through at times, usually when you're enjoying yourself with someone you shouldn't be enjoying yourself with. MUMS. Should come with a Government health warning.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhara_Ditzy Kat

3 Years Ago

*Rolling on floor*
I'll send my mum over if you're enjoying yourself with someone you should.. read more
Paul Bell

3 Years Ago

Yeah, that's her. We must be cursed or just bad.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2021
Last Updated on January 21, 2021


Author

Dhara_Ditzy Kat
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

Shillong, , India



About
from Imgflip Meme Generator from Imgflip Meme Generator from Imgflip Meme Generator Love, ~ Dhara (Ditzy) 💕 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


First love. First love.

A Poem by Beccy