The Black-Wit Reveller

The Black-Wit Reveller

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

Words will fall like leaves on a windy autumn day. It's a party.

"
This poem has moved. Be sure to click on the youtube link below to read and listen:)








Published in Strays. Available on Amazon.


Strays is a collection of two extended narratives and more than forty love-themed poems, exploring the meaning of romantic love while we have it and attempting to find the healing after its loss. Found within these pages is the short story Gutter Dog, the novelette Ginni, and the poems False Skin, the Boy Who Wore Clothes, and the Black-Wit Reveller.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a good way to describe the seasons - for those that live where there ARE seasons. I used to live in Central Florida, and there are only two seasons there: Hot and Humid, and Hot with Hurricanes. Living further north in mountain country, I get to see the seasons as you've so aptly described above - occasionally all of them in the same day. (Seriously - I'm not exaggerating.)

Nature can be a beautiful mistress, and this particular poem does justice to her wonders. Hope she appreciates it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

What a beautiful review. Thank you, Douglas.
Nice personification of nature,Though we have a different time phase of seasons here in India(we expect springs to come around September)
That stanza" Nature stands upon the wreckage............."gives us the idea that though winters are unwelcoming nature still feels sad upon its end i.e nature loves all its seasons.....But actually she adores the springs the most....cool usage of metaphors and really, you lived the nature's role while writing this poem


Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Akshay for you lovely review.
The flow and wording to this are superb! Made me feel enlivened and thrilled, such grace and beauty...wow! x

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Poppy.
A favorite. I visited the popular writing list hoping I wouldn't be disappointed...and like usual, I was not. So much whimsy in this, wow it is just wonderfully charming! The word play, the content, the random conversation that seems to take place within the seasons...creative brilliance is all I can say...bravo.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for you very gracious review. Muse.
"Carmine, amber, titian; vermillion, russet, citron--flushed" I want a dress made of these colors....so vivid, so expressive! "Evidence of a party long since concluded" a splendid line! When the leaves fall, it is a sign to us all summer is over though truly we have felt the chill in the air and seen the sun setting earlier each day. The leaves are a sign of a fait accomplis! I love the way you took us through winter ("bearded winter!" loved that) and back into spring...the circle of life. There is comfort in knowing no matter what, the seasons will change. Of course, here in South Florida there is less evidence of that. Pryde, this is an excellent write. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Yes, I noted your residence and the envy grew. lol. Thank you, Lydi**
Lydia Shutter

10 Years Ago

I have to admit, I feel like my parents brought me to paradise back in 1969!
I've always seen the falling leaves as proud defiance in their blazing color. I've often wondered at the purpose, what evolutionary advantage is gained from such brilliant display? Perhaps it is just random, or maybe there is an Intelligence who wants to give us a sign that the cycle ends, but is still beautiful.

Wonderfully colorful images about the seasons. One of my favorite topics for poetry. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mark

10 Years Ago

The trigger is light... as the days get shorter, this somehow triggers a response in the trees, and .. read more
Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Hmmm. Color is an indication of what light wavelength is reflected or absorbed??? And so the show of.. read more
Mark

10 Years Ago

Heehee I like the idea of going out in a blaze of glory. Works for me!
i really like this....i love october, but then winter can be dreary...i like the ending..."I'll expect you no later than April"

good stuff, Pryde... the imagery is staggering.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Jacob. I am glad you enjoyed.
You are an artist painting beautiful images of the seasons for your readers to enjoy. This is lovely!
:) Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

What a lovely review. Thank you, Julie.
Ever the rebirth, my friend. Nice write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Jon.
Pryde,
There are so many wonderful phrases in the poem if I quoted them all back to you I'd quote the entire poem again. New life to familiar colors You truly take the reader to a mystical-mythical level. Ok, I'll quote one of my most favorite lines, "fall to the ground, flagging, defeated, and wasted." And again, a favorite topic that appeals to me adding even more to the appeal. Wonderful final sign-off line.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much, JK. It started off as write about autumn that got away on itself.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1169 Views
37 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..