The Black-Wit Reveller

The Black-Wit Reveller

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

Words will fall like leaves on a windy autumn day. It's a party.

"
This poem has moved. Be sure to click on the youtube link below to read and listen:)








Published in Strays. Available on Amazon.


Strays is a collection of two extended narratives and more than forty love-themed poems, exploring the meaning of romantic love while we have it and attempting to find the healing after its loss. Found within these pages is the short story Gutter Dog, the novelette Ginni, and the poems False Skin, the Boy Who Wore Clothes, and the Black-Wit Reveller.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

They await out the night under a blanket of ivory, silent, bereft, and wondering -- love this line...totally felt this one in the heart, my friend.

You always blend emotion and wit so well in your work. Your language choice is great, as is your tone and style. Completely entertained me with this one, and touched me as well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Sarah.
A cycle, A contrast, A portrait.
images you used to portrait seasons/ phases/ moods are awesome. it is layered, and I see a lot of introspection it it. Loved your write , Pryde :) :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Anand. So glad you enjoyed.
Absolute brilliance...all my life I've been obsessed with the changing of the seasons, and a good bit of my early writing reflects that (some of my future writing may reflect it as well, as I tend to gravitate to that theme in the winter), but this is as eloquent an ode to the cycle as I've read in a long time...my favourite of yours to date...awesome.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

I am humbled. Thank you, Steve. I just read your little autumn number and I can say the admiration i.. read more
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Always my pleasure Pryde.
This is wonderful, a paean to the world's majestic cycles. Beautiful images and feelings.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Annie.
I like your party invite to enjoy the seasons Pryde, unique, quirky and delightful read...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Frieda. Wear your brightest frock or go leafless. Wink.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Oh it's a come as you are party haha
Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

hahahahaha
Very imaginative and carries a message about nature and how she likes to party wearing splendid attires in those seasons especially autumn and how when she dies there will be riotous parties. I feel this as witty or have some sarcasm too...The tilte is long but it sums up the poem...Bravo...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Sami. Yes, I think you are right about the title. I think I will cut it to the black-wit .. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

I like that alot. More direct and powerful. You are welcome...:)
I set out to write a poem about autumn and, well, got carried away with the word-play. The gist--our beloved nature, party-girl extraordinaire, wears red, yellow and orange to her own funeral and riotous evening is had. Thank you for reading.

Posted 10 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1169 Views
37 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scumbag Scumbag

A Poem by s y e