Forgive and Forget

Forgive and Forget

A Poem by Maggie
"

Love and relationship gone wrong

"

  How can I forget all the pain and hurt that you have caused?

  How can I forget all the lies you told me with so much convection behind them?

   How can I forget all the sleepless nights you caused?

   How can I forget about all the broken promises?

   I can forget and I can start be reminding myself that was the past and it isn’t going to happen again. I can’t change the past nor can I change you and honestly I don’t want to. You are you and I am me. I realize I cannot change the past and by dwelling on it every day was also reliving it I won’t let has that power over me anymore. I am stronger than that and I am counting to be stronger a little more every day.  With each passing day I will stop thinking about everything less and less including you. 

     I release all the power you have had over me and I know now that you will never change who you are since you do no wrong. Then I shall wait to see who the next girl will be that will eventually be writing these same words as I have now.

© 2018 Maggie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Your words are sadly so true for so many. Nice poem!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Added on March 16, 2018
Last Updated on March 16, 2018

Author

Maggie
Maggie

Sedalia, MO



About
I am a busy stay at home mom that is trying to give my husband and kids the best and all I can. more..

Writing
Walls Walls

A Poem by Maggie


Addiction Addiction

A Poem by Maggie