Wishes and Dreams

Wishes and Dreams

A Poem by Maggie
"

Dead beat parents

"

  If I could give you anything I would give you the sight from my eyes.  Maybe then you would truly see the hurt and disappointment I see from our child and with the look of failure it makes me wanna cry.

  If I could give you anything I would give you the ability to hear what I hear.  Maybe then you would hear what she has to say about you every time you don’t follow thru with the plans you made with her or every time you lie to her.

 If I could give you anything I would give you the ability to feel what I feel. Maybe then you would feel how cold her tears are every time you make her cry.

  If only you have seen, heard, and have felt what I do every time you disappoint her, cancel your plans, lie to hear, and only half a*s do what you say you are going to do then maybe you understand.  She wonders all day every day what is wrong with her and what she would have to do to get your attention.

  All she wants is to spend time with you and get to know you.  She wants the friendship with you similar to the one's that her friends have with theirs dad's but instead you are treating her like a distant friend that you only have a*s care for.

  But these are only wishes and dreams most you won’t realize at all and some you never will.

© 2018 Maggie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on March 22, 2018
Last Updated on March 22, 2018

Author

Maggie
Maggie

Sedalia, MO



About
I am a busy stay at home mom that is trying to give my husband and kids the best and all I can. more..

Writing
Walls Walls

A Poem by Maggie


Addiction Addiction

A Poem by Maggie