Addiction

Addiction

A Poem by Maggie
"

Addictions of all kinds.

"

  Addiction is like that friend the really good one that you haven’t seen in a very long time because they moved across country, the feeling of anxiety and happiness when you finally reconnect.

   Addiction is like that one family member that everyone but you trusts. The felling that if you take your eye off of them something bad is going to happen.  You’re not sure when or to what extreme you just know it’s going to happen.

 Addiction is like that childhood friend that you did everything with and knows more about you then even you know about yourself, and when you truly learn the difference between actually love and friendship love.  This is when you have the first realization that some friends you have to watch because they will take the first chance they can to stab you in the back then turn around and ask if you needed help.  The feeling of love, betrayal, heartbreak and everything in between is addiction also.

  Addiction is staying at all night drinking and still having to get to work before seven the next morning. Wondering what happened the night before mixed with the feelings of happiness and sickness.

  Addiction is losing your mind and yearning for it back day after day and all day long.

  Addiction comes in and makes you feel like you are ten feet tall and bullet prof.

  Addiction is secretive and hiding so no one finds out not even your close family and friends because if they did find out you would lose everything that you have worked hard for and yes that means your freedom also. 

© 2018 Maggie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Losing your freedom to continue the addiction?
There are some spelling and grammatical errors in this that if fixed would help with the flow and the feeling like "bullet prof". But the intent is coming across.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on March 16, 2018
Last Updated on March 16, 2018

Author

Maggie
Maggie

Sedalia, MO



About
I am a busy stay at home mom that is trying to give my husband and kids the best and all I can. more..

Writing
Walls Walls

A Poem by Maggie