Walls

Walls

A Poem by Maggie
"

A home is more than just a home.

"

   Imagine if walls could talk. With everything they could share and the lives they could potently ruin. Walls hear what people don’t. The laughter with friends, and family, and all the inside jokes they’ve heard. Walls have listened to all the reasons behind every tear, even if they aren’t spoken.

  When we speak, we don’t think about the walls. Hearing everything we say, and the repercussions that it could lead to if our words were to be heard by anyone else. We don’t think about who we would hurt if our words would hit their ears. With all the un-countable hours of people talking to themselves because the walls are the only thing around to listen.

    Walls aren’t the only ones that know more than anyone wants them to know, and some they do. The floors also know. They know who has walked on them that aren’t supposed to be there, no matter how light or heavy their footsteps are. Floors also know every time when someone has tiptoed across them when sneaking in way past curfew. They have felt every ounce of someone’s weight when they fall, no matter the reason. They have soaked up every spill not cleaned up, felt every tear, no matter how cold, and even endured weather, normal wear and tear, and the feeling of being rebuilt. Floors have opened up to hidden treasures, and have hidden secrets.

  Beneath the floor and underneath the walls is the one area that holds all the deep, dark secrets. The ones most people don’t want to talk about, and doesn’t want anyone to know.  It is generally the darkest of rooms of the whole house, and the most mysterious.  The basement and it is kind of like someone’s soul.  The only light that enters is when it is let in, but otherwise dark and no two are ever the same.

  Walls, floors, and the basement can hear what you don’t want them to hear. They feel what you don’t think they can, and they see everything, including the things that you don’t want them to. They see all the joy and all the pain that comes from living, and even knows secrets that will be kept before anyone else.

© 2018 Maggie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think the first two paragraph are the emphasis of the story. I don't think the last three paragraphs are needed.it takes away its greatest strength which are the first two paragraphs. This story could have been so much more if it was so much less

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maggie

6 Years Ago

That is what I thought because when I first wrote it is was only the first two paragraphs so I might.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 24, 2018
Last Updated on March 24, 2018

Author

Maggie
Maggie

Sedalia, MO



About
I am a busy stay at home mom that is trying to give my husband and kids the best and all I can. more..

Writing
Addiction Addiction

A Poem by Maggie