How We Met

How We Met

A Chapter by Pugsly
"

How Kyle and Skylar Met

"

Chapter 1: How We Met

 

 

 

 

October 2007 Middle school cafeteria...

 

It's chicken day, and I could care less about it... I honestly considered bringing something from home but my mom handed me three dollars and sent me off to school.  The pizza wasn't too bad today; it actually looked like plain cheese pizza... if only I was hungry enough to actually eat the whole thing. The group of five I've sat at lunch with since sixth grade were already at the blue circular table.

I sat down and noticed another seat had been pulled up to the table, someone new to our table. He seemed preoccupied with a manga; his hand covered most of the front cover so I couldn't see what he was reading.

I poked Nena since she was closest to me and whispered, "He’s the new kid right?" I felt slightly stupid for asking but I didn't want to disturb him from his reading.

"Yeah, that's Kyle Holler. He just moved here and I met him in science earlier today." She explained.

He looked up from his book and gave a small wave...

"Hi Kyle," I said slightly surprised he heard the conversation over the buzz of the cafeteria chatter. "I'm Skylar."

He nodded and went back to reading while taking a few bites of chicken in between pages. I felt bad for interrupting him, so I remained quiet for the remainder of lunch.

 

I saw him in gym, the second to last class of the day… but we didn’t talk much. He just existed in the room participating in gym like he didn’t just transfer from another school. I kept my distance but I made sure to casually talk to him throughout the period. Eventually gym ended and we went our separate ways for the day.

 

That’s how my friendship started with the baggy clothed dark skinned kid known as Kyle Holler. If only I knew what the future held for us, I might have considered my decision to be nice because he’s the new kid, his parents divorced, and he knows next to no one in this town. He just looked like he need a friend or at least someone to talk to for a few days. I know if I was in his situation I would want someone to talk to me just for that first week or so until I was adjusted to life in my new town…

 

Stupid little me being a stupid little kid believing there is good in everybody. Friends mean that they can’t hurt you and they’ll always have your back. Most importantly they’ll keep your feelings in mind when you tell them how you feel… being young and naïve the story of my life.



© 2012 Pugsly


Author's Note

Pugsly
This isn't much but the story is in it's baby stages and it will change once I know what I'm doing with this book it might not even be the first chapter anymore.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

you plce your characters feeling towards life so that the reader will love them no matter what they do......brilliant:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on August 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 25, 2012


Author

Pugsly
Pugsly

Barnegat, NJ



About
I'm terrible at filling these things out so I'll keep it short and brief. I love music it influences my writing most of the time, I'm not a big movie person nor am I a big TV person. My computer is my.. more..

Writing
Araya Family Araya Family

A Chapter by Pugsly