Divide

Divide

A Chapter by Pugsly
"

Emlyn finally gets to relax in her favorite place with her favorite people.

"

Chapter 3:

 Divide

 

 

My house is both a prison and a vacation, I spend all of my time in this giant castle of a house yet I’m never there at the same. My parents and nanny think I lock myself in my play room for hours, or I go hide outside in the garden for hours. I let them believe that’s what I’m doing, but I leave this world and go straight to Divide once I get the opportunity. 

Today, I jumped out of the car before my parents could say a word relating to the mess of an afternoon I had. I’m quick on my feet, faster than they are, my plan is to ‘hide’ until they forget about grounding me.

The pond in the dead center of our maze garden might be the worst place to pick a gateway to another world, but Aqua managed to remain hidden until I got there.

“What are you doing in this pond? There are three other ponds to pick from!”

“This one is huge compared to those puddles, I could hide here all day and no one would notice, not even the gardening crew who tend to the fish. Can you steal a bag of their flakey food?” Aqua pulled himself up to the stony ledge his head returned to normal, but his body looked like some sort of fish.

“Why have you been hiding in my pond all day?”

“I got bored, there’s not much to do when you’re not around.”

“Well I’d be around more if I didn’t have to go to that boring place.” I sighed Aqua tried pulling himself out of the water but I pushed him back down.

“Stay down there in the water and don’t bring your head above the stone ledge.”

“You could join me, the water is fine.”

“You couldn’t pay me to go in that water.”

“It’s fairly clean. They replaced the water and everything.”

“Were you there when they cleaned it?”

“Yup, I tried to blend in a little more with the Koi; they seemed cool with a blue-green silver spotted fish. I can also turn into a really cool looking frog!”

“You’re going to get caught one day and I don’t know how I’m going to bail you out.” I sighed, “Go to the castle gardens, I’ll meet you there.” I instructed and he swam off back to Divide. I skipped through the green and white tangles, arriving in the lavish gardens outside my castle.

The cast iron arch meets in a point I always remember to lock the garden gates. I don’t want the gardeners discovering this magical garden by accident. I called this section the Purple section since I was such a creative six year old. Some blue, lavender, and white flower bushels have been added since the initial Purple section was named. I got bored of the monotonous coloring.

Right at the beginning of the paved pathway sits a little marble table with a glass top decorated with a cute little flower arrangement of roses and tulips. Aqua occupied one of the little golden chairs he’s such a giant even when he’s transformed to walk on land. I can’t tell if he’s taller when he’s a water elf or in his current form…

The land form gives him better balance to walk, keeps him hydrated, and he doesn’t get all slimy from being in the sun. He still has his beautiful green-blue scaly appearance.

“You made it through the day in one piece, smile a little.”

“Maybe later,” I sighed and sat down next to him.

“If I tell you that life will get better are you going to listen to my advice?”

“No, no I’m not,” I sounded slightly bitter in my response.

“Hey I know that being poor~”

“My life was better before my parents found those pathetic jobs. I hate them now! They don’t care about me anymore.”

“Well you found me because of their neglect.”

“That’s not fair to you nor is it fair to anyone who lives here. I’m only here because my parents forgot I exist and they forgot how to be parents. If they truly loved me then I wouldn’t have you as a friend and I wouldn’t have this special place to call my own. I sound like a horrible person.”

“No Emlyn that’s not true, you’re a great person. I think you’re great. Besides, sometimes all someone needs is a friend, not just any friend, but just one special friend and then things aren’t so bad. Besides I’m special than any other human friend because I’m a secret and I can do this,” He pointed one of his webbed fingers towards the small fountain to the left and made a figure 8 motion for the small stream of water to follow in midair.

“I don’t care how many times you do it; I still think that might be the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.”

“I could be a magician if I really wanted to.” He let the water rest in the Lazy Bird fountain. “Not in the human world, you can lie about your appearance for so long before some small bratty kid decides to try and pull on your leg and realizes that’s your skin.”

“I could also lie and say that’s a part of the act as well.”

“Not every child in America is that gullible, you’ll pass it off for a while but you’ll get caught eventually.”

“You’re forgetting I have a human form.” He sighed and crossed his arms.

“No you don’t, it’s not human at all!” I laughed.

“Fine be that way, I’m going swimming again, I should go back to that lovely Koi pond the fish there are so nice.” Aqua shuffled towards the pond that connects to a system of waterways, one of the watery passages leads to the giant lake home to the majority of Divide’s water elves.  

 

 



© 2012 Pugsly


Author's Note

Pugsly
This is all i can do with Chapter 3, I've hit a road block but walking away isn't an option, I've walked away from this story for too long. I'm going to move on to chapter four.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW CHAPTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gina

11 Years Ago

I WANT MORE!!!!!!
Gina

11 Years Ago

MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 8, 2012
Last Updated on October 11, 2012
Tags: Divide, Chapter 3, Fantasy, Narnia-inspired, Adventure


Author

Pugsly
Pugsly

Barnegat, NJ



About
I'm terrible at filling these things out so I'll keep it short and brief. I love music it influences my writing most of the time, I'm not a big movie person nor am I a big TV person. My computer is my.. more..

Writing
Araya Family Araya Family

A Chapter by Pugsly