The Window

The Window

A Story by Ashley Ann Roberts



It stands there still, with it's wooden frame. The railroad just across the bay of something more. Red foxes roam these lands now. 
When you were here, do you remember the one brick that stood out from all the others on our corner street? Or did I make that up, just to save my sanity. I don't want to be in denial, but it seems I have no choice. 
Remember those happy days in the springtime? Me neither. All that can fill my mind, is the nonsense you talked when midnight struck. Glass hit the floor as my feet bleeds from the clashing sting upon the ground. My head anything but casually stricken. 
Midnight was loud. Midnight was violent, but one A.M. emerged and you seemed alright. Passed out upon the floor after I'd hit you with my favorite of your bottles. Gravity claimed you as one of their own. Velvet blood streamed from your hair. So, I turned off the lights, and I will miss you in the morning. Too exhausted to face the window that captured it all. With it's wooden frame and railroad just across the bay of something more. 

© 2015 Ashley Ann Roberts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's the best article among all of your creations!!!! Keep it up.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is Brilliant! Loved it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Realistic pictures convey an almost surrealistic memory. You pass your thoughts undiluted.
Keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great piece of work! Haunting!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vivid images. The mood is brilliant. Write is the art of communicate the soul feelings and portrait the life from our point of view, and you 've succeeded on it. . I will be following you. Thanks for share your talent.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2015
Last Updated on February 20, 2015
Tags: death, drunk, love, sacrifice

Author

Ashley Ann Roberts
Ashley Ann Roberts

North Pole, AK



About
I believe that even though I am young and coy, I still have the ability to express and to let others know, that they are not alone. I have brought Cadence. more..

Writing