We Were Stangers

We Were Stangers

A Chapter by RaeYakari
"

An older man finds himself on the edge. Knowing that he's going to meet his beloved soon her finishes out one last task that his late wife asked of him.

"
February 13th, 2068
The wind caressed the old mans exposed skin as he approached the all to familiar house that sent sad feelings through to his very core.
It had been a several years since he had last come to this house. He wanted to come back, he really did. But, every time he got up the courage to pack his bags, and walk down memory lane he would sit down and cry. Yes, a grown man would sit down and cry.
But, he knew now it was something he had to do, something that his late wife had requested of him before she has slipped through his fingers forever.
He walked up the weathered steps of the beach house and smiled at every step as memories of her ran through his mind. Like the first night that they had stayed in the house. 
She was so happy that they had won the auction that she stayed out on the porch with her hand over her belly singing her favorite song to the glowing sunset.
Or, the time that she found out that she was going to have twins and she cried on the front steps, telling her self over and over that she wouldn't be a good mother.
The old man reached out to the vivid memory and pursed his lips together when it all started to fade.
“Father?” A young female voice echoed over lapping his memories.
The older man turned around and smiled at the young brunette. “Oh, Aaliyah I‘m so glad you came.”
Aaliyah smiled and walked up to the older man. Kissing his cheek softly. “Honestly, I’m really surprised that you're here.” She stated truthfully. “I thought you vowed to your self that you would never step foot through these doors again.“ She stated as she wrapped her arms around the frail man.
The older man wrapped his free arm around the young woman and gripped his cane tightly with the other. “Your mother told me that she had left something for me.” He finally stated.
“That’s just like mother, being romantic right up until the end.” She whispered as she held out her arm to her father so he could hold onto her for support. 
“That was only one of the many reasons that I fell for her.” The older man said in agreement. He paused for a moment before he reached into his pocket for the old skeleton key that belonged to the house. When he pulled out the antique he just stared at it vacantly. 
“Your stalling.” She whispered.
Perhaps he was stalling, perhaps he didn't want to walk down memory lane for fear that it would cause his already cracked heart to finally break.
“Why is your brother not here?” He wondered as he looked up at Aaliyah.
She stared at her father for a long moment before giving up and exhaling her breath that she had been holding. “He’s probably still on the road, he hates to leave his music.”
“So the band is doing well?” He asked.
“I guess so, though I only talk to him every once in a blue moon.” She said with a chuckle. “He was always the kind of guy who loved the lime light.”
“How’s the office?” The old man asked.
“It’s good.” She said with an even bigger smile then she had before. “I’m glad that I was introduced to this type of work early! Not only do I like my work, but I think I found the love of my life.”
“Well I am glad that the both of you are following in the family’s footsteps.”
Aaliyah rolled her eyes.
The old man finally stuck the key into the key hole and turned it, then pushed open the door. 
He walked into the old house and looked around. It was untouched, clean, and felt like he just walked out of the house five minutes ago. In fact he was sure that if he walked into the kitchen he would be greeted with her kiss and dinner.
He remembered it so clearly. The house was warm, a fire was burning in the living room.
“I’m home,” He would say as he hung up his coat.
She would be flitting around the kitchen in a cute dress that showed off her little belly that was beginning to form, her beautiful red and black hair would be pulled back in a loose pony tail. She would stop and look up at him, a flush filling her cheeks. “Oh hello honey,” She would reply as if she was surprised to see that he was home.
He would then walk up to her and take her into his arms and lay one of the most unforgettable kisses upon her lips and just hold her.
But, then she would pull away because something on the stove was starting to burn.

“You had it cleaned?” Aaliyah asked as followed her father in, interrupting his memory.
He didn't answer, just nodded as the memory faded in front of his eyes.
Just in front of the old man stood the grand staircase. One of the reason’s that his wife had been so admin about getting the place. The staircase split off into different wings of the house, one side had the kids rooms, and the other side had the master bedroom.
Just then another memory filled his mind.
She was on the stair case, standing in nothing but a towel. He remembered this night was the first night that they were together legally. 
She was pale all her life but tonight she was filled with a glow, one that not even the prettiest woman could ever over shadow. 
He smiled painfully as she held out her little hand to him, mouthing the words; 'I love you'. 
The old man shook his head and inhaled trying to keep the tears that he wanted to shed back. He then started to head for the staircase when his daughter grabbed his arm lightly. 
“You shouldn't be going up there Dad.” She whispered with worry in her voice.
He turned around and looked at his daughter. She looked so much like her mother that it made him smile. “I have to,” He started. “Your mother left me something in her hope chest.” He answered as he grabbed onto the railing.
“I can go grab it for you.” Aaliyah offered.
The old my shook his head. “No, I need to go up there myself.” He said with a chuckle.
“What did she leave you?” She wondered.
The old man just shrugged. “She didn't tell me, all she said was that what it was would make me smile on even the saddest of days.”
Aaliyah raised an eyebrow. “Wait a minute, your talking about the old chest that was at the end of your bed right? The one that mom would never let us kids touch.”
The old man nodded. “Yeah, she kept all her treasures in there.” He answered as they reached the top of the stairs and turned right to head for the master bedroom.
“Why do I feel that your not giving me the whole story?” Aaliyah asked as she helped him to the room.
He didn't answer but instead hobbled quickly over to the chest and  popped open the lock.
“Grab me a chair Aaliyah.” He commanded.
Aaliyah didn't have to be asked twice, she grabbed the closest chair and dragged it over to him.
Once he was sitting down he opened the lid to the chest to reveal an item that made his face sadden.
“What?” Aaliyah asked as she walked up behind her father and peered inside the chest.
There was a leather bound book wrapped up in a antique looking lace, on top of the book laid a white envelope with something that was unreadable scribbled on the front. 
“What is it?” Aaliyah asked as she watched her father pick up the small book.
“Remember when your mother gave you that journal on your fourteenth birthday?”
Aaliyah nodded. “She told me to write in it everyday to document everything that happened to me.” She paused. “She said that one day it will come in handy.”
“I know for a fact that this one did.” He whispered. “In fact if this didn't exist I don’t think that your mother and I would have gotten married.”
“So that’s moms journal?”
“Yes, she was quite avid about writing in it." He smiled. “I thought it was silly then, and I even made fun of her a little.”
Aaliyah smiled. “I didn't think that you ever picked on mom.”
“Well you’ll probably hear it a lot in here.” He whispered. “Probably things that I don’t want you to hear.” He said while squinting his eyes.
Everything went quiet for a moment before the old man finally opened the white envelope. 
A small photo fell out of the letter and floated to the ground. Aaliyah's father was to preoccupied with the letter that he was unfolding to notice. 
She bent over and scooped it up before her father noticed. She stared at the aged photograph and smiled.
“Is that you?” She asked as she held the picture in front of her father.
The old man grew a smile across his weathered lips. “Would you look at that?” He stared at the photo for a moment then his face saddened quickly as he counted the people in the photo."That's your mother," He stated as he pointed to the young girl with bright red hair. “You see, both your uncle and I were in love with her, we fought for years over her.” He looked up at Aaliyah and smiled. 
“How did you two handle it?” Aaliyah wondered.
“Well obviously the best man won.” He said with a smile. “May I be your real father or not.” He whispered.
Aaliyah looked at her father for a long moment. “You mean, Aaroke and I might not even be your real children?” 
The old man shrugged. “Both I and your uncle were, er, we both had a relationship with her.” He said as if it didn't bother him.
“Why didn't one of you give up?”
“One of us finally did.” He said with a chuckle.
Aaliyah flipped the picture over and read the small print. ‘Rena and the neighbor boys Haven and Leon. 2006’
The old man opened the folded piece of paper that seemed to be ripped at the bottom. But, it didn't stop him from reading it. “To my loving husband,”  He started.

When I was younger my mother told me, I was going to find the one man that would make me feel like I was a princess, he would make me feel that I could do anything. But like every child’s dream, my prince charming scenario came crashing down when I was told by the doctors diagnosed me with an incurable illness that they hadn't even found a name for. So they didn't have a cure.
I lived my life day by day, not making any life changing decisions knowing that I would only be disappointing my self.
Then I met you, or should I say that I bumped into you. You saved me without even knowing that you had.
You pulled my from my dark reality and made me feel like I was someone who was worth loving, that I was someone special. You fought for me, told me that you loved me, made sure that I was safe and secure.
So please accept this as a token from my undying love, and affection.
In your hand you hold my whole life story. I had stopped writing it when I turned fourteen. But when we met I found the spark that made me want to write. With the help of your family, and all of our friends I was able to fill the grey areas that I could never remember. Such as our first kiss, our first fight, our first night that we spent together. 
He paused and then continued.
“You will notice that I had stopped writing when the twins turned seven.. But as I started to get worse I started to lose my mind again. Not remembering even the little things such as the fact that we even had children.

It was then that the letter was ripped.
“What else does it say?” Aaliyah asked as she pulled up a chair. She had remembered when her father finally placed her mother in a home. She was so young when she passed that she was afraid that what ever she had left for her father was going to tear him apart.
“I wouldn't know,” Her father whispered. “It’s ripped.” He stated as he held up the piece of paper.
“What?”
“Your mother used to leave me notes all over the place, ripping them up so I would have to find them, or that if someone else found them that we wouldn't be caught. It was what we had to do at first, but then it became one of her favorite games.” He said with a soft chuckle.
“She was definitely different, If I tried that with Jeremy he would break up with me.” She said half serious half joking. “I’m sure he wouldn't of even second guessed it.” She scratched the back of her head.
“None of us wanted to lose her, but I knew from the very beginning that I was going to be with her, no matter who else tried to take her away.” He said with a smile.
“Your quite sure of yourself.” Aaliyah stated.
“Of course I was.” He whispered.
“So are you going to play her game?” She wondered.
“Of course,” He stated as he opened the book and looked at the first entry. "I did back then, and I will do it till the day I die."

“October 13th, 2006”

Rena’s story really starts in the summer of her fifteenth year of being. You know the year where your supposed to go through a lot of your firsts. Such as getting your drivers permit, in some places your old enough to have a boyfriend. Yeah, she had all of those years before this one, but nothing special really happened. She was born, learned to crawl, then to walk, then to talk. Shortly after that she learned that she was able to get into trouble and then came the grounding rule once her parents found out that boys were indeed involved.
But, none of that matters. 
What really started her life off was the first sighting. He was on some TV talk show. He was absolutely beautiful, his feathery black hair that framed his face, his piercing blue eyes. Not to mention his body, he wasn't built but he had a nice smoothness to him, and you could see it when he stood up. His tight pants clung closely to his hips, showing off his physique. He had a ton of tattoo’s, and piercing. There was something about him though, something that seemed like she knew him. But then again she lived in South beach and nothing interesting happened here.
So knowing a guy like this, or even meeting him was out of the question.
Rena exhaled and pressed her fingers to the cool glass.
“ You've always been a sucker for the band guys.” Rena’s best friend whispered as she walked up behind her. He long blond hair was pinned up into tight ringlets adorned with a black lacy bonnet. Her clothing that of a Victorian baby dolls.
Rena went quiet for a moment before biting her bottom lip. “Would you just look at him.” She whispered as she continued to stare at the heavenly man on the screen.
“Yes, I see him.” The blond stated as she then turned her attention to her fingernails that she had just gotten done. “He’s not my type.”
“Well then that’s good, more of a chance for me.” Rena whispered as if she really had a chance. Finally tearing her eyes away from the big screen that was in the window of 'Rayon's Appliances, and stretching her arms out over her head and placing them behind her neck.
“What do you mean by that?” Faay asked with big eyes and a slightly irritated tone.
“Well look at you, you have long blond hair, your skinny, you can dance, and you wear glasses which gives you the naughty school girl/teacher look.” She answered as she started to head towards their favorite diner.
“Well, yeah I guess.” She whispered. “But I have a boyfriend, so it doesn't matter.” She whispered as if it meant anything.
“Oh  yeah,” Rena paused. “The guy that lives half way across the world, you guys have been together for how many years-”
“Four.” Faay whispered quietly.
“-and you have met him a total of like four times right?” She continued.
The blond looked away and inhaled deeply.
“How old is he?” Rena asked as she ran her hand along the smooth glass of another store that was on the way.
“Seventeen.” She answered.
“How many siblings?” 
“Four, One younger sister, a twin brother and two older brothers.” She said growing a smile.
“What about his name?” Rena asked turning around and looking at her friend.
“I can‘t say,” Faay whispered as she bit into her bottom lip, as if she really wanted to spill the beans about her mystery man.
“Oh I see,” Rena stated. “Well, I feel like were in one of those sitcoms that the best friend always gets left out and eventually gets kicked off the show, or they bring in another guy for her to fall in love with, then eventually finds out the secret.”
“Well I know his name, but I swore to secrecy.” Faay then gave me a sour look. "Besides its not like you have a line of guys breaking down your door at night."
Rena raised an eye brow. “Ouch.” She whispered.
“Alright, Alright” Rena whispered as she attempted to move on. “What does he do for a living.”
“Well he’s still in high school, but he is on tour with his brother right now.”
“So he’s in a band.” She said with a scoff.
“No, I think that he’s a manager.” Faay answered
“Faay,” She said while she shook her head. 
“Anyway, I didn't call you out here to discuss my love life.” Faay stated as she tightened her hold on her hand bag.
Rena raised my eyebrow and gave her a questioning look. "Okay."
“My brother wants to go on a date with you.” She stated quickly as she turned walked into 'Amour Cafe'.
Before Rena could proceed with a denial a petite waitress walked out dressed in a little maid costume. She had cat ears on and whiskers painted on her face.
“How many,” The waitress asked without skipping a beat.
Faay held up two perfectly manicured fingers.
“What are you talking about?” Rena hissed as she grabbed onto Faay’s sleeve. 
The waitress lead them to a solitary part of the cafe where there wasn't a whole lot of people. Once they were seated she took their drink orders and walked away.
“I’m not going.” Rena hissed.
The blond looked up at her from under her glasses. “I thought you like my brother.” She whispered pouting her painted pink lips.
“As a friend.” She hissed. “Nothing more then that.”
The waitress brought them their drinks. Faay had a Strawberry Banana smoothie, and Rena had a root beer float. 
“Besides if he really wanted to go on a date why doesn't he ask me himself?” Rena wondered.
“So you are interested?”
Rena shook her head. “Nope, just wondering why he’s sending his little sister.” she answered as she took a long sip from her glass.
Faay rolled her eyes. “He’s scared of rejection.” 
“Well then why doesn't he just ask Aei, she likes him doesn't she?” Rena offered.
“He doesn't want to date Aei.” She answered as she placed a quarter into a little jukebox that was placed on the table. She fumbled with the buttons till she found a song that she liked.
Once she stared to tap her nails to the music I found a way to inch my thoughts in once again.
“I don’t see why, Aei’s beautiful.” Rena hissed.
“Why don’t you just go out with him once? It wouldn't kill you would it?” She insisted.
Rena shook her head, and looked out the window. As if on cue there was the blond brother of Faay walking with his devilishly handsome counterpart Damon. Now, here was the dish on these boys, honestly Wraith didn’t even compare to his best friend. At least not in Rena’s eyes. Wraith was more of the nerdy type trying to get into some ivy leage collage, where as Damon worked at the school as a Librarian under his fathers thumb, which was why he could get away with his rebel style.
“Uh, Ren?” Faay whispered snapping in front of the red heads face.
Rena looked at her best friend and raised an eye brow.
“You have a little drool on your chin,” She whispered as she held out her gloved hand to her. “Let me get it.”
Rena slapped away her hand and growled. 
“What if it was more of group thing?” Faay whispered trying to change the subject. 
Rena tilted her head just to look at her friend a little. “I’m listening.” She knew some how Faay was going incorporate Damon.
“Well Wraith is Eighteen almost nineteen.”
“Which is why he is going away to collage.” Rena stated a little to happy about the fact.
You see, it was no secret that Faay’s older brother had a thing for her. When ever she would go over to Faay’s house her brother would find some excuse to come and hang out with them. Which was no problem to Rena when he had Damon along.
Faay grunted. “Not the point.”
“Alright, will you make the point then, your losing my interest.” Rena hissed as she once again fixated on a certain Dark blue haired boy outside.
“We could get into the Dancing Skeleton.” She finally blurted out.
Rena’s eyes widened as she turned to look at Faay. “Your parents fetish club?” She whispered trying not to talk to loud.
Faay nodded, all to excited for something that Rena hadn’t even agreed to yet.
“So your using me.” Rena growled.
Faay looked hurt for only a split second then smiled. “Yeah, I really want to go.” She ran her finger around the lip of her milkshake glass, “My boyfriends band is going to be playing there and I really want to see them in action.”
“Do you even know the bands name?” Rena wondered.
She nodded her head. "Lucifest.” She could see that her friend was on the verge of cracking and it made her excited. “This will be the last time for a while. See, they are moving here and they are going to be taking a break so they can write new songs.”
“They, as in the whole family?”
Faay nodded. “Everybody.”
“Okay,” Rena whispered as she leaned up on the table. “Where does that involve me going on a date with your brother, because honestly if your worrying about me being a third wheel, I’m sure I can find another date.”
“Well, my mother said I could go if Wraith accompanied me, but when I asked him he said no.” She paused. “So I begged him,”
“You, begged?” Rena scoffed.
“I know, I know, but so not the point right now.“ Faay smiled. “I promised him I would do anything. He then thought about it for all of six seconds before forming the most sadistic smile I have ever seen. He then asked me to ask you to be his date. Something he was sure that I wouldn’t be able to accomplish.”
Rena bit into her thumb as she looked back out to where the boys were standing. She knew if she had said yes at this moment and went on said date with Wraith, that Damon would get mad. Why would Damon get mad? Well they would get to that in time. But right now she didn’t want to ruin what she had with the boy. “Fine,” She hissed. “As long as it’s a group thing and Damon goes too.” Then maybe she would just his on Damon all night.
Faay’s face brightened. “Yeah! But,” She paused. “Are you sure that we can get Damon to go with us, I’m sure that he hates both of us.” 
Her eyes then flicked to the server behind the counter. “I’ll be back I’m going to go pay the tab.” She whispered as she started to stand up.
Rena went to dig through her purse to grab some money when Faay cleared her throat, and waved her hands.
“Don’t worry about it.” She insisted. “ You've helped me enough today.”
Rena exhaled and turned so she could look out the window once more. She knew that she shouldn't be doing this, she knew that something was going to go terribly wrong. I was just going to have to make it clear to Faay’s love sick brother that the us thing was never going to happen.
Rena pondered what was going to happen over and over in her head before Faay came back to the table and gave her the sign that they were leaving.
As they walked out of the building Faay pointed out Wraith across the street. Like Rena hadn't spotted them before.
Rena looked over at the Boy version of Faay and sighed. “Fine,” She hissed,
He wasn't that much to look at, he had long blond hair that graced his shoulders, he dressed in a more prep look and wore glasses also.
Rena looked back over at Damon, whom was now looking at her with he silver eyes, sending chills up and down her spine. Giving her the ‘What do you think your doing,’ look.
“Couldn't I just go on a date with Damon instead?” Rena whispered as a last ditch attempt. At least she was attracted to Damon, and everyone knew it, even Damon himself.
Faay rolled her eyes. “You know as well as I do that he hates us.”
That wasn’t true, he didn’t hate me. In fact if he did then he had a funny way of showing it.
Rena sighed. “Fine.” She started to quicken her pace and ran across the street. “Hey Wraith,” She yelled just loud enough for the two boys to hear her.
Wraith stopped what he was doing and looked at her. “Rena?” 
Rena cleared her throat and cleared the bile that was crawling up her throat. “Were going on a date tomorrow to the Dancing Skeleton, It is going to be a group thing so you should definitely bring Damon.” She looked over at the handsome blue haired boy and winked. “Pick me up at Seven.” She insisted, ignoring the wide eyes that Damon was giving her.
Wraith was stunned at first but then smiled. “Alright,” His eyes quickly darted over to the blond that was still across the street with a giant smile on her face as if she did the impossible. 
Rena knew he knew why she was doing this but he wasn't going to lose face in front of his friend. 
“Alright, awesome.”  She smiled once more before she got caught in a stare from one highly irritated Damon. "I'll see you guys later then." She stated biting her lip. “Oh and Damon, it’s nice seeing you.” She whispered as she started to back up. 
Damon gave her a sly smile then turned around to face his friend.

“What the hell was that about?” Wraith asked as he turned to Damon who was now fooling around with his phone.
Damon looked over at Wraith and raised an eyebrow. “What?”
“It was nice seeing you,” He mimicked what Rena had just said.
Damon shrugged. “She probably thinks I’m cute.”
“Do you like her?” Wraith wondered as he crossed his arms across his chest.
Damon didn’t know how to answer that, sure he and Rena were friends, and some times friends with benefits. But, there was no way he would tell Wraith that. “Besides, when did you start to like Ms. Rena?” He counter attacked.
Wraith just kept his silly grin. “ I've liked her ever since Faay introduced us.”
Damon smiled and watched as the two girls walked away. “Hmm, right.”
Wraith gave a questioning look at Damon.

“That was so degrading..” Rena growled as she clenched her fists together. “I feel like a traitor.”
“Now, here’s my question.” Faay started. “Why was it so easy for you to ask Wraith out on a date, but you wouldn't do that to Damon, you've like loved him forever haven’t you?” Faay wondered.
Rena looked at Faay. “It’s not like that with Damon, I don’t love him with my heart. It’s more with my eyes. He’s very nice to look at.” She paused. “Plus I know that Wraith wouldn't be able to deny me.” She stated with a sadistic smile.
“That makes more sense.” Faay whispered.

The girls hung out a little more after that but it wasn't to long before Faay dropped Rena off in front of her house. Rena waved at her as she drove away, prolonging the moments she had until she had to enter the house that was completely empty.
You see Rena’s parents were famous novelists so they traveled all over the world to get their ideas. When she was younger she would go everywhere with them and not even bat an eye. But, once she became older she wanted to be in one place, make some roots, make friends. That's when they moved in with her uptight grandmother. When she passed away Rena was left with a huge estate and a couple of house keepers whom kept out of her way, her parents took the money that they were left and continued their traveling.
Rena inhaled deeply as she started to make her way up the long walk way when she noticed something was off. There wasn't normally this much movement in this neighborhood unless someone was moving in.
Wait, was some one moving in next door.
She almost about tripped over the shrubbery as she tried to sneak a peak at the family next door.
She was brought to a great dismay when she didn't get to see anybody, other then the movers.
Rena sighed and started to laugh softly to herself. How could she be like this, one of those nosy neighbors whom are always looking out their window.
She turned around and once again started to make her way up the walkway,
leaving the mystery of her new neighbors just that; a mystery.

The next day Rena was in the courtyard with Faay telling her about what she had seen.
“What?” Faay asked with big eyes. “Into the old Ero house?” She paused for a moment and brought her gloved hand to her chin. “I didn't think that house was up for sale..”
“It wasn't.” Rena assured.
“So do you think that the house was in the family?” Faay asked as she pulled up her dress so she could sit at the lunch table.
Rena shrugged. 
She couldn't really remember anyone living there. It had always been empty. “That place has a creepy feel to it.” She whispered.
“Like haunted creepy, or serial killer creepy?” Faay asked with a smirk.
“Really?”  Rena asked as she threw a wadded up piece of paper at her.
“What’s going on?” Another female voice asked.
Both of the girls turned around and looked at the purple haired beauty. “Oh, Aei, how nice it is of you to make an appearance.” Rena said in a sarcastic tone.
Aei just smiled. “Sorry that my student body president duties take up most of my hang out time.”
“I knew you shouldn't have gone for that job position, now your going to miss out on all the conversations about nothing.” She stated with a smirk.
“That’s just something I am going to have to deal with.” Aei looked over at Faay. “So what is the news?”
“Serial killers moved in next to Rena.” Faay stated.
“Oh my God really?” Rena hissed angrily.
“That’s quite dangerous.” Aei stated as she sat down next to Faay. “Now, wait a minute..” She paused and looked at me intensely. “Does this family have any hot guy kids?”
Rena stared at her for a moment. “I’m going to pretend that question actually made sense, and say I have no idea.”
“Who knows, maybe you could be living next to your prince charming.” Faay chimed almost singing.
“Not going to happen.” Rena stated as she joined the girls in sitting down. “Like ever.”
“I wonder if they would be going to this school.” Faay wondered.
Aei shook her head. 
Rena raised an eyebrow. “Which would mean they are not our age but could be older?” She guessed.
“Or, they just haven’t registered yet.” She paused. “Well good thing you are attracted to older guys.” Aei said with a  smile.
“You don’t have any right to say anything to me about that since you like Wraith.” Rena whispered as she leaned on her elbow. She was tired of the two girls making fun of her long time crush on the older boy.
“And you, Damon.”
Rena shrugged and looked away. “I don’t know what it is about that kid.” she stated with a smile as she stretched out her body.
“Some one you can’t have.” Faay stated. “You hate the fact that he hates you.”
“Me?” Rena whispered. “Oh, it’s not only me.”
“Well Damon hates any girl that is younger then him.” Aei pointed out. “He made that clear whe that freshman asked him out last year.”
“Poor girl,” Faay whispered as she pursed her lips. “She didn’t even have a shot.”
Rena rolled her eyes. That girl wasn’t good enough for Damon anyway.
“What about me?” An all to male voice echoed behind them.
Rena’s eyes widened, and a soft blush filled her cheeks.
“About your lack of finding Rena attractive.” Faay stated without even thinking about it. “Oh, Oh crap.” It was then that she had found the error of her ways and covered her mouth with both hands. “I’m sorry,” She said between muffled giggles.
Rena sat there with her eyes wide. 
“Didn't know that I was supposed to.” He answered nonchalantly running his hand through his hair. 
“Ouch.” Faay whispered. 
Damon rolled his eyes and then fixated them on the red head. “Rena, we have some business correct?”
“Business, with me?” She wondered aloud, rolling her eyes
“Well since your failing chemistry the teacher told me that I needed to tutor you.” He stated.
Rena stood up and smiled, flipping her long candy apple hair over her shoulder. “You don’t have to hide it Damon, your totally excited that you get to be my tutor.” She whispered as she bit into her lower lip, "I mean haven't you seen the movies, the student always gets the tutor." She whispered as she ran her finger down his arm. “Always.” She whispered into his ear.
“Totally,” He stated following her with his eyes, trying to conceal the raw need in his eyes.
“Are we going to meet up at the same place later?” Faay wondered not even fazed by their innuendos.
Rena nodded as she started to walk away.
Damon nodded towards Aei and Faay. "Well I guess I'll follow her." He stated with a grin, to suggestive to be all friendly. 

Faay stared at them as they walked away then looked over at Aei. “Those two are acting funny, something has to be happening there.”
“If there was something happening, we’d never hear the end of it.” Aei answered as she took her laptop out of her bag.
Faay smiled. “I guess your right." she whispered as she leaned on her hand.

Damon pushed Rena up against the brick wall outside of the library.
“Damon,” Rena whispered between pants as she felt his hands crawl up her side.
He used his other hand to grab onto the her face and move it so he could kiss her, indefinitely silencing her with his own need. It was pay back for the word play that she had used on him earlier. 
She was hesitant at first, her lips moving slowly against his and he welcomed the change in pace between them. His one hand continued to caress her up and down her side leaving a line of fire where ever he touched, the other left her face and became tangled in her hair. Her hands snaked up under his faux leather jacket and raked up his back, enjoying the play of hard muscles under his soft shirt. She groaned as he pushed her harder into the brick behind her.
She broke off gasping for air and looked up into Damon’s face. “What’s gotten into you?” She wondered as she shakily removed her hands.
Damon stared at her for a long moment before finally pushing up off the wall. “I’m sorry,” He whispered as he ran his fingers through his hair. “I really don’t know what came over me,”
Rena looked at him with a questioning glance. “Not that I mind it, I mean that was thrilling, but we have to be careful.” She whispered as she touched Damon’s hand softly.
“Why?” He wondered. “Why do we have to be careful?” He paused for a moment then looked over at the young girl. “Are you ashamed of me? Ashamed of being involved with me?”
Rena found herself laughing. “What are you talking about? I’ve wanted this for a long time.”
Damon’s mouth parted for a moment before turning into a smile. “Really?”
Rena ran her hand up Damon’s arm and nodded. “I couldn’t tell you how many time I’ve fantasized about it.”
Damon felt a hint of heat cover his cheeks. Was he seriously blushing, no way, he was a hard core kind of guy, no young girl could make him feel like this.
Except Rena.
“Rena,” He whispered as he pushed her against the wall once again.
Rena’s heart sped up as she looked into Damon’s face. “Yeah?” She wondered as she bit into her bottom lip.
“Don’t do that,” He whispered.
“Don’t do what?” Rena wondered as she licked her suddenly very dry lips.
“Bite your lip, it’s very distracting.”
Rena gave him a sly smile and bit into her bottom lip once again.
“Ugh,” He pushed off the wall and looked away. He had to think of something that wasn’t Rena, or anything that had to do with her.
“What’s wrong?” Rena wondered as she grabbed onto Damon’s hand.
Damon looked over at the Red head that was making it extremely difficult to talk to her. “I don’t want you to go on that date with Wraith.” He hissed between clenched teeth.
“Why Damon Castial, if I didn't know any better I would say that you are starting to fall for me.” She whispered as she stood on her tippy toes and nipped at his ear playfully.
Damon looked at her for a long moment. “Maybe I am,” He whispered.
Rena stepped down and started to lean up against the wall. “But, you were the one who said that it was a friends with benefits, that we could date other people. You took advantage of that, why can’t I?” She wondered.
He turned away from me. “That was in the beginning when we were both using each other.” He stated. “It’s been almost seven months now.”
Rena widened her eyes. “Has it really been that long?”
“Not the point Ren.” He whispered as he finally turned to look at her. “I’m sick of trying to make up stupid excuses just to get you alone for five minutes.” He growled.
She stared at him for a moment, she wasn't quite sure what to say.
“Don’t go on a date with Wraith, or it’s going to drive me crazy.” He pleaded.
“I have to,” She stated as she pulled him closer to her again and pressed her lips against his, trying to get him to be quiet. Then a brilliant idea passed through her mind. “But, you could make it fun and try to steal me away.”
“Wraith is my best friend,” Damon whispered.
“But, we’ve been at this for quite some time.” She whispered. “Doesn’t that mean more then Wraith’s feelings.”
Damon looked at Rena and smiled. “Wow, I’ve never heard you talk about it like that before.” He paused. “Why don’t we just come clean about the whole thing, then we can be together even in front of your friends.”
Rena couldn’t help but smile. “You mean you would give up your bad a*s image just to be with me?”
He looked down at his hands. “If you would let me.”
“Maybe, after the concert.” She whispered.
“You mean your still going to go on the date.”
She nodded.
“Why?”
Rena inhaled deeply. “It’s just for Faay, I’m not attracted to Wraith, that’s why I want you to go.”
“Awe,” He whispered. “Makes sense.”
Rena nodded.
“So stay secret.” He whispered.
Rena nodded. “Besides, it’s so much fun this way,” She whispered as she looped her fingers through his belt loops and pulled him into her again and captured his lips before he could say anything.
“Rena,” He whispered between prolonged breaths. “I can’t concentrate.”
Rena pushed out her bottom lip. “Come on Damon, what’s with the talk of serious.”
“I want to change my rules.” He replied
“I like the rules the way that they are.” Rena whispered as she looked at him from under her eye lashes.
“Do you not want to be with me?” He wondered raising one of his perfect eyebrows.
She paused for a long moment. “Physically yes, mentally not so much.” she answered all to truthfully. “Look Damon, I've seen the way that you treat the girls you date.”
“None of them were you?”
“What kind of evidence is there that will make me think that if we were together it would be any different. I mean your already getting the physical part without the ‘togetherness’ that you want oh so bad.” She whispered. “None of that jealously crap.”
“Ren,” Damon hissed. “You can’t tell me that you never get jealous of the girl that I bring around.”
“No Damon,” She started. “I don’t want even the slightest chance that I might fall in love with you.” She looked into his heavenly eyes. “I know that you like what you can’t have, and even though you can have the physical, it’s killing you because I’m not giving myself completely over to you.”
“That‘s not true.” he stated.
“Prove it to me then.” Rena insisted. “Fight for me.” She growled as she opened the door to the Library.
“Fine,” He hissed. “I will make you fall in love with me.” He declared as he followed me in. 
Rena smiled and turned to kiss him one last time. “I’ll look forward to it then,”
As the two of them approached the front of the library, Damon placed a hand on Rena’s arm. “You go first, there is someone out there.”
She nodded and started to walk towards the front of the large room, and surprisingly Damon was right, there was someone out here.
He looked like a male model that just stepped out of a Calvin Kline catalogue. 
“The Librarian is never here around this time.” Rena stated as she walked past him.
She didn't see him look at her, or feel him walk up behind her. 
“Thanks for the tip..” his English accent rolled off the back of his tongue like a smooth alcohol.
“No problem,” She whispered as she turned around to look at the man.
His hair feathered over his face covering up his right eye, covering up his oh so blue eyes that were just staring at me.
“What are you staring at?” She wondered a little irritated and flustered.
“You are just so beautiful.” He commented.
Rena stared at him, waiting for the joke to flick across his face. “Uh, thank you.” She whispered.
“I mean, not to sound creepy or anything.” He paused. “You just look a lot like someone that I used to know.”
Rena stopped breathing for a split second, this guy was unbelievable. Did he not realize that he was in a high school. “Uh, Okay.”
He smiled a half smile that would make anybody melt, male or female. 
Rena was close to walking away when she stopped. He was new, she had never seen him around the island before and he was definitely not like any other boys here in South Beach.
She turned only her head to look at him, he was staring at her with a smug look like he knew that she was going to turn around.
“It’s Leon Ero.” He answered her unasked question. “And your Rena Sarai if I‘m not mistaken?” He smiled.
Rena raised an eyebrow in surprise. “How did you know that?”
“We’re neighbors.” He stated. “My parents knew your grandmother.” He crossed one he arms over his chest and pointed two of his fingers at me. “Man the last time I saw you, you were only five.”
That explained a lot of unanswered questions. 
“I’m actually here for my little brother.”
“Brother?”
He nodded. 
“How old are you?” She asked not even thinking about the consequences. 
He just smiled. “Twenty-six.”
“Why aren't your parents here signing him up for classes?” She wondered.
“Their traveling.” He stated. “They’ll be back in town tonight.”
“So it was you who was watching the movers?” She asked.
He nodded. “I’m not the type to travel. I like to have my feet firmly planted. Besides I’m going to school to be a doctor, so I can’t leave as often as they do.”
“Ooh, a doctor?” She wondered as she leaned up against the counter. 
“Yeah, I’m following in my Grandfather’s footsteps, I want to take over his clinic up in the mountains.”
“Wow, that’s truly amazing.” Rena whispered with a smile. “I wish I had my life planned out like that.”
He shrugged. “A lot of kids your age don’t have things figured out.”
“I’m not that young.” She stated.
“True, but your also not an adult.”
Rena stared at him for a long time. “Your right,”
“Well of course I am. You’re a year younger then my brothers and they just turned Seventeen.”
“Oh, so they are my age.”
He raised an eyebrow. “Uh, yeah. You used to play with them. Do you not remember?”
She shook my head. “Before Grams died I only came on summer vacations and such.”
“Shelby died.” He sounded genuinely surprised.
“Yeah three years ago.” She answered.
“Oh,” He paused. “My condolences,”
Rena nodded. “Thanks.”
The bell chimed through the school, telling the students that class was out for the day. “Well looks like I have to go.”
A look of sadness covered his face. 
“We’ll have to get together later and talk about the past some more.” She stated.
“What about tonight?” He asked.
Wow, that was fast.
“Uh, I actually have a date tonight.” She whispered.
“Oh, you have a boyfriend?” He asked.
Rena shook my head. “Oh, no.” she stated with a laugh. “Relationships aren't my forte.”
He returned a laugh. “Alright some other time then.”
She nodded. “Absolutely.”
“I’m sorry it took so long.” Damon whispered as he came out of the back room. “I was taken up by something.” He looked over at me with a surprised look. “Rena, your still here?”
Rena smiled. “I was actually just leaving.”
She waved to both boys and walked out of the library.
“Do you know Rena?” Damon asked Leon.
He smiled. “Uh, yeah actually.” He scratched the back of his head. “She’s really grown up hasn't she?”
Damon raised an eyebrow. “That’s a little forward of you Mr.-” He looked down at the paper work . “-Ero isn't it?”
Leon gave a nervous laugh. “Yeah, I guess your right.”


© 2012 RaeYakari


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on December 9, 2012
Last Updated on December 9, 2012


Author

RaeYakari
RaeYakari

Ogden, UT



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by RaeYakari


Prologue; Prologue;

A Chapter by RaeYakari