Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Raelyn

The base station was sounding out loud and clear as we rushed to get trauma one ready for the disaster that was getting ready to roll in. From the sound of it, it was another one of the attacks. Dr. Davidson, Francine, Michael and myself were standing outside the bay doors as the ambulance pulled up. Michael normally does not assist in these types of calls except we were short staffed tonight. The medics opened the doors and pulled the stretcher out, with the patient on it.

What's the stats Greg?” I questioned as Dr. Davidson, Michael,and Francine wheeled the patient in with Sam, the other medic.


38 year old male, found down by a pedestrian walking past. He's lost a lot of blood already, blood pressure is 74 over 53. Sats sitting at 84%, we cant seem to find a heart rate though and that has me concerned Raelyn.” Greg rushed to get out.


Alright thanks Greg, you guys did good at getting him here this quick. We'll take it from here.” I stated which came out sounding like an angel humming a melody.


I turned to head into trauma one and froze on the spot. Francine was standing outside the door, tears running down her face.


Raelyn...” she sobbed her voice coming out raspy.


Fran, what is wrong, why are you crying?” I found that I had an anxiousness in my chest. Above and beyond the normal anxiety of getting in a trauma patient.


Before Francine could say anything more, Dr. Davidson and Michael were behind her.


Raelyn, I think it best if you clock out and not treat this patient.” Dr. Davidson said gruffly.


What are you going on about, this is my shift and my patient, let me in you guys. I do not find this funny one bit.” I stated pushing my way through into the room. Michael tried to grab me but I pushed passed him knowing the patient needed my expertise instead of this delay.


At once I stopped. All the breath seemed to escape me. I simply was not seeing the person in the bed that was now there covered in blood. There was no possible way.


No, no, no....” I gasped.


Rae..” the patient whispered.


Before I could even react to the whisper my mind switched into action mode.


Fran, pull yourself together and get your a*s moving now!” I practically screamed.


Davidson, you are the attending doctor, get your butt in gear also. We are going to save him.” I reprimanded as I immediately moved to the patient's bedside.


As I hit the bedside, he grabbed my hand and looked up at me with those emerald eyes I knew all too well. He squeezed my hand and tried to speak.


Rae.... You cannot save me love, let me go. You will find those that have done this to me and you will get revenge. Let me go love.” he whispered and the monitors started to sound.


NO!” I yelled.


I began doing compressions then. Every part of my body was now covered in his blood. I looked up to find that Davidson and Francine were right beside me covered in his blood. We had lines running in each arm, medications flowing as quickly as we could. I got him back finally.


Damn you Dimitri Tasia, don't you dare give up on me.” I whispered close to him now.


Raelyn Avangeline, I love you more than my own life you know this. I hate that this is happening but it is my time. You know you won't get a hear t rate on me, and you know the reason. I promise I will be with you at all times, and I am sorry I will not be able to marry you as we planned. But my love there is nothing left for you to do. Let me go...” Dimitri pleaded. His grip on my hand firm, but not hurting.


I cannot. You cannot ask this of me Dimitri. I love you. I cannot simply sit here and watch you die. You are my life, without you, I have no reason to go on living. Please do not leave me.” I began to cry.


I felt Davidson and Francine's hands on my back for support, as I began to tremble. Michael was just behind them waiting until he needed to grab me. My soft cry became a resounding wail as I watched the love of my life draw his last breath on my trauma table.


In his dying breath he whispered “I love you, Raelyn Avangeline DaMartine-Tasia! I will be with you always you'll see.”


With that he died. I began trying to revive him, what was left of his blood I now wore, as Michael pulled me away gently. Dr. Davidson was busy doing his best to console Francine. That was the end of my sanity. I hit the floor in one fluid movement as reality set in. We were planning our wedding. We were planning to get married a year from now. How could this be happening?


A part of me died that night and in a sense I lived the next year as though I had died right along with him that is until Alexander Scott came along......



© 2010 Raelyn


Author's Note

Raelyn
*This is my first time writing for others to read, so please feel free to comment and/or critique. All feedback welcomed!*

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on January 31, 2010
Last Updated on February 9, 2010


Author

Raelyn
Raelyn

AZ



About
Im a 28 yr old single mom. I work at the local hospital in ICU. In my free time I am attempting to write my first ever novel. Tweet more..

Writing
Characters Page Characters Page

A Chapter by Raelyn


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Raelyn


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Raelyn