"Before"

"Before"

A Chapter by Megan S.

             When I was eight, I got a bicycle for my birthday. It was red, and I absolutely cherished it. My little fingers curled and uncurled around the handles as I pedaled down the sidewalk.

I remember looking back and smiling at Mom, and for just a second she smiled back before her face changed and she was screaming and running toward me. Well, I guess in my little eight-year-old mind, I thought she was mad because I started pedaling furiously to get away from her. It wasn’t until I looked back forward that I saw the car.

It screeched to a halt, barely missing me, but catching my back tire and tossing me from the bike. Mom screamed at the driver as she hugged me too her. I began to squirm. She was holding me too tight.

Yeah, I’d been scared at the time, but all I wanted to do now was get back  up on the bike after I got a Band-Aid for my scrapes, and kisses on them too. Mom didn’t let me back on for four days.



© 2011 Megan S.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good. You've given us background. I love ur story. It's addicting. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011


Author

Megan S.
Megan S.

AR



About
I'm a simple teenage girl from podunk Arkansas trying to get by in the world of high school. I started writing as soon as I could, and I've never quit. Over the years, what writing means to me has cha.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Megan S.


Soundless Soundless

A Book by Megan S.