Hidden Feelings for my best friend

Hidden Feelings for my best friend

A Story by Ralph Stanczuk
"

I was told to write a story with just the information of, "Two high school buddies named Sarah and Collin." So here's the story i've come up with.

"

Sarah and Collin went to William Floyd Highschool and they were the closest buddies anyone could ever be, and by "buddies" i mean they are best friends.

   Ever since meeting each other in elementary school, they've always been there for one another; and continue to be there for each other every single day.

They met in a very odd, but beautfiul way.

Sarah didn't have much luck when it came to making friends, she was always the quiet one; the one who was picked on by the school bully.

It wasn't until one day at recess that her life had changed, when she met Collin.

She usually hides by the teachers during Recess, but today they had a meeting and the only teacher out there was busy helping a kid who fell off the slide.

Sarah knew right away that things were going to turn bad since she's alone, and she was right. Mahone, the school bully came up to Sarah and didn't even give her a chance to say anything or do anything. He cornered her and started calling her names, names any typical bully at that age would. "You're fat, ugly, stupid." He would scream into her face, all these things no young kid would want to hear. He got closer and she got more scared, she slowly fell to the ground crying, choking on her tears while trying to scream,"leave me alone."

Mahone suddenly stopped yelling at her and Sarah, confused why he has done so; wiped her tears and opened her eyes. There he was, Collin a bit bigger than Mahone; holding him up against the wall.

Collin was young, they all were; but man did he know what he was doing.

He lifted up his hand and made a fist, ready to hit Mahone; but instead, Collin warned him,"If you ever mess with this girl again, i'll be seeing you." He then let go of Mahone, and Collin and Sarah giggled as the bully ran away crying.

Collin helped Sarah up and asked her if she was okay, she looked at him and said,"Now i am." and that's how their lovely friendship started out.

   It has been years now, and they're now attending William Floyd Highschool.

A lot has happened over the years, but nothing ever tore their friendship apart; they're closer friends than ever before. Collin has always had her back, and still does. No one has ever picked on Sarah again after that recess, mostly because they know she's friends with Collin; who has always been the biggest dude in school.

Collin was there for Sarah when ever she needed him, especially when she had gotten her heart broken.

It was only the first day of highschool, and that's when Sarah and Collin were walking to their first class.

Collin was never the type to fight, only protect. When the two of them walked into class, there was sarah's boyfriend.

In his chair with a girl sitting on him, making out with him. Collin glanced over at Sarah and saw a tear drop fall from her beautiful brown eye. Before Sarah even had the chance to move, Collin jumped in front of her and looked her in the eyes. Right away he said,"Listen, you deserve better and i'm sorry for what i'm about to do." He turned around, walked towards this guy, and told the girl to get up off of his lap; immediately she got up and moved to the side. Collin didn't give this guy a chance like he did with Mahone back then, instead without even hesitating he punched this kid right out of his chair. He got to his knees and looked him in the eyes with an angry look while saying,"That was for Sarah, your ex girlfriend."

Collin walked back over to Sarah, hugged her and said,"let's get out of here."

It was their first day of school but at this point neither of them cared, Collin and her walked straight out of the school.

Sarah stopped and looked at Collin,"Where are we going?" she said.

Collin, with a smile on his face, looked at her and said,"it's a surprise."

They hopped onto the next bus that had come their way, and it took about 45 minutes to get where Collin wanted to go.

After they had gotten off the bus all Sarah saw was a gas station and a long black paved road that looked to go on forever.

Sarah, confused as a lost puppy asked him,"Where are we?"

Collin giggled and said,"Don't worry about it, follow me."

They walked across the road, opposite of the gas station into all the trees.

They were walking for about 10 minutes now and that's when sarah said,"You're not going to kill me are you?" with a cheerful smile on her face.

Collin as much as a jokester he is, looked at her without saying a word and winked.

They walked for about another 5minutes and then walked up a huge grass hill which took another 10 or so minutes.

Collin eventually stopped and told Sarah to close her eyes and don't peek.

He grabbed her hand to lead her the rest of the way, and they got to the top of the hill; Collin with a low whisper said,"open your eyes."

She glanced out into the beautiful scenery in amazement, and said with a huge smile on her face,"I would have never knew this was here, wow."

Beautiful trees all different colors, with a huge river flowing in between them and a few mountains far out.

She felt as if she was on top of the world, and that's what Collin wanted her to feel.

Sarah looked at Collin and hugged him tightly, whispering,"Thank you for this."

   They laid on the green grassy hill, and looked out together at this beautiful world they're living in.

And that's when Collin finally admitted his feelins towards Sarah.

Collin looked at Sarah and moved a little closer to her. He then opened his mouth but no words came out.

Sarah looked at him with a weird face and said,"spit it out!"

Collin looked deep into her eyes and said,"I like you."

Sarah didn't say a word to him, so Collin kept on talking.

"Remember the first time i met you? I've liked you ever since, ever since i saw that adorable face and watched you grow into this beautiful woman you are today. Why do you think i've never had a girlfriend? It's not because i couldn't find anyone, it was you the whole time; the only girl i've ever wanted. I never said anything because i knew you didn't feel the same way, but i have to tell you now because i don't want to live with regret. And i understand if you don't want to be friends anymore," he said.

Sarah looked at him and moved even closer, "you're right." she said.

I don't want to be friends with you anymore, I want to be more than friends.

She leaned in and kissed him, a terrible first kiss because Collin was busy smiling.

After the kiss Sarah giggled, and Collin said i'm sorry about that.

He leaned in and kissed her again, this time more magical and a feeling you wouldn't be able to describe.

They both opened their eyes after that wonderful kiss and just smiled at one another without even talking; they then just laid their together.

Collin laid their and Sarah had her head on his chest, listening to the sound of his heart beat and the birds chirping in the distance.

   It's been awhile of silience now and that's when Collin said, "I had no clue you felt this way too, because of this morning."

Sarah looked at him and said, "When i was crying, it wasn't because i was sad; it was because i was actually going to break up with him and confess my feelings to you. I was crying because i took it as a sign from god that we were meant to be, and that i had to tell you and i was going to tell you right after that but than all this happened and that's why i feel the way i do about you, because of all the things you do for me and have always done for me."

Collin looked deeper into her eyes and said," Because all of the things i do for you, have done for you, and will continue to do for you for the rest of our days together is because you are the girl i've always wanted and forever will want."

They kissed slowly, their lips all over one another's with that beautiful scenery in front of them, it was a moment they will never forget.

A memory they'll talk about at their wedding in the future, after telling everyone how they met during recess and how they have been in love ever since.

 

 

 

© 2013 Ralph Stanczuk


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fascinating premise here, Overall, I was truly impressed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This was very cute, I loved the happy ending. You're very talented. I'd love it if you wrote more like this one :D I liked the awkwardness in the kissing scene

Posted 10 Years Ago


Enjoyable read! Keep it up!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very cute story :) at one point I had a best friend who meant more to me as well...the end wasn't like your story but I enjoyed your story imensly! A few grammatical errors such as make sure your tense is consistent throughout the entire story, and other errors people have mentioned. Loved it though!

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Meg
A super cute love story with a happy ending you would expect! There are a few grammar errors, such as not capitalizing your 'I's, and a few wrong 'their's, but is otherwise well written and a lovely, feel good piece of writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.
AWWWWWWWWWW. That was too cute, and not what I needed now because I'm trying to get over boys, haha! The only thing that bothered be was your paragraph structure (just split them up and not make them so long) and your lack of indents (so you can tell your paragraphs and it makes it easier to read)! But other than that, it was great and I'm just sitting here all depressed because I want something like this! Great job and thanks for making me sad :( kidding! Keep writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 18, 2013
Tags: romance, love, bestfriend, friend, secret, kiss, bully, school, teenage love

Author

Ralph Stanczuk
Ralph Stanczuk

NY



About
17 year old boy named Ralph :) Thank you for all of your reviews, it means a lot! more..

Writing
Dinner. Dinner.

A Chapter by Ralph Stanczuk



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I want. I want.

A Story by Ralph Stanczuk