How to be a "Perfect" Christian Girl

How to be a "Perfect" Christian Girl

A Story by StayAnchored

How to be a "Perfect" Christian Girl-

Step 1: Buy a cross necklace, and if you want to seem extra committed, a t-shirt from Mardel.

Step 2: Never cuss; instead, use words like “shucks”, “darn”, and “shoot”.

Step 3: Start using phrases like “God bless you”, “I’ll be praying”, and “a hedge of protection” as much as possible, maybe even a couple “hallelujahs”.

Step 4: Volunteer in the children’s ministry at church… weekly.

Step 5: Tune your radio to KLOVE, or whatever your town’s equivalent is.

Step 6: Go to church as often as the doors are open.

Step 8: Take pictures of your “quiet time” and post them to Instagram with a cute filter.

Step 9: Pick your friends wisely; make sure they reflect how you want to come across.

Step 10: Commit scripture to memory and be able to effortlessly inject it into conversations.


      If you have been around the church long enough, you know that these steps are true. However, they do not make you a Christian. You can act as perfect as you’d like, but it will be just that, an act! It is hard not to get into that spiritual rut and stray off path, but that is when you need to be delving into the Word more.

     All of my life, I have been immersed in the church. I know how to look, act, and speak (or in this case, type). I have perfected being “perfect” in my everyday life. I focus on maintaining my reputation, and forget about God’s grace. He died for me, and He died for you! He knew our past sins and our current struggles. He knows our flaws and quirks. He knows every thought that occurs in our minds. Yet, He still chooses to look down and declare, “you are mine!”

     Now, I have told you how to be “perfect” and you can easily follow my instructions and get away with no questions asked, but hear this, God knows. He can see your heart even when no one else can. He knows why you do what you do, why you choose modesty or to serve in the church. He deserves more than you going through the motions, and being mediocre. Jesus gave everything upon the cross, so the least you could do is give Him your whole heart!

     If you made it this far, I am impressed! I’ve been vulnerable in this, in hopes to shed light onto y’all’s lives as well. The sooner you can identify that you’re not being genuine in your faith, the sooner you’ll get back on track!

1 Peter 1:7-“These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.”

     Your faith is being tested every day, and is what you make of it. If you put no effort in, it will not be refined; but if you do, you will see the transformation and it is a beautiful process.

© 2016 StayAnchored


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great job on this! It is so true that this is what is commonly thought of as how a "perfect" Christian girl should be, as sad as it is. I really liked the intro, and how it was laid out like a step by step guide, adding a bit of humor to it. A very encouraging piece as well, to garner awareness for this problem and maybe bring about a change in thought for those who read it! Keep up the great work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

StayAnchored

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I appreciate it! :)
Jeremy Hiles

8 Years Ago

You are very welcome! :)



Reviews

Good points. When I come before Jesus one day, I want Him to say I followed him with everything I have, not my Instagram account.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

StayAnchored

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reading! :)
Great job on this! It is so true that this is what is commonly thought of as how a "perfect" Christian girl should be, as sad as it is. I really liked the intro, and how it was laid out like a step by step guide, adding a bit of humor to it. A very encouraging piece as well, to garner awareness for this problem and maybe bring about a change in thought for those who read it! Keep up the great work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

StayAnchored

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I appreciate it! :)
Jeremy Hiles

8 Years Ago

You are very welcome! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2016
Last Updated on April 30, 2016

Author

StayAnchored
StayAnchored

TX



About
Hey!! I'm not very good at the "About Me" thingys so I'll try my best. I am a girl who loves poetry, photography, and having a good time! I love my God whole-heartily, so most of my posts will be a.. more..

Writing