The Boiling Man

The Boiling Man

A Poem by Joseph - Michael
"

There was a time when I fell so hard on my knees and I was only 17 when I wrote this. Years later, it's still taunting me, even in my sleep.

"

 

Shh, Listen...   There's A Man...   Playing An Unusual Violin...

 

With The Strings That Are The Nerves...   And The Veins...   From His Own Arms...

 

How Wonderous The Sounds...   Of The Agonies Made...   By The Slicing And Dicing...

 

Down With The Lambs...   Up With The Larks...

 

Run To The Beds, Children...   Before It Gets Dark...

 

Around, Around The Sun We Go...   As The Moon Goes Around Us...

 

While The Parts Of Us Are Dying...   In The Slow And The Painful Ways...

 

We Do Not Die Of Death...   We Die Of The Vertigo...

 

Run, Dying Breeds, Run...   Like There's No Time...   And No Tomorrow...

 

Yet, We're All Still Gonna Die One Way...   Or Another...   No Matter What...

 

And I Just Saw The Dead...   Small And Great...  Stand Before The God...

 

I Witnessed The Blood Of The Christ...   Dripping On All Of Their Skins...

 

This Is Just Another Altar...   Inside The Church...   Of The Fears And The Pains...

 

Now, I Know Why Jesus Wept...

 

© 2013 Joseph - Michael


Author's Note

Joseph - Michael
This writing was inspired by James O'Barr, the creator of "The Crow"... (Thanks, James)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This i found to be a unique read. It's different format cause my mind to spin around alot like the images that you presented.
I liked how it was heart felt. The feelings of dispare and helplessness, seemed to fling out like and open blender.
Good read!
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hey
this is the most gorgeous grotesque beautiful poem i've read in a while.
I cried.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is deep, moving. It proves you were extremely talented then as you are now. There's so much emotion here and I like the way you have the format set up. I love it. The ending is just outstanding. I must have read that 5 times. This is going into my favorites for sure.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

nice.....i liked the way it turns and twists .... the way it jus flows and yet seems chaotic all at the same time ... my favorite lines are, While The Parts Of Us Are Dying... In The Slow And The Painful Ways.../ And I Just Saw The Dead... Small And Great... Stand Before The God... it seems so drk n yet excitin....

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I loved this piece for obvious reasons.

We Die Of The Vertigo...
Run Dying Breeds Run...

This is the most thought provoking imagery I think I have read, maybe ever.

It's the last line that has me particularly troubled.
(sleepin children better run like the wind. -- out of the lightening dream)

/Run Dying Breeds Run/ (what is the contrast of white on white when nobody notices it?)

around and around and round here we like the crows. Amazing piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

very unique piece loved the darkness you created in this ... nice job!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was spectacular. It was so unique and haunting and with the way it was set up it made the whole thing feel like it was being rushed to be said, almost as if time was standing still for just one last moment before chaos. Beautiful peice.




Matalia

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Ohhhhhh!!!!!!! A very dark piece! Nice!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
;
Disturbing and Twisted and scary and ......Great! Thanx for entering it in my contest! My favorite line or should I say line? are: "I Witnessed The Blood Of The Christ... Dripping On All Of Their Skins... This Is Just Another Altar... Inside The Church... Of The Fears And The Pains... Now, I Know Why Jesus Wept..."
That in a way touched me! And that last line was the clincher of the whole story! Good Luck!
Yea its me, The one you Envy,
Mistress E (Tragic Queen)




Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing. love the mental detail to each sentence.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow... this is so dark and creepy... VERY EFFECTIVE WRITE. I felt like it was the delusions of someone on a drug induced hallucinogenic high... The images are really vivid.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19368 Views
190 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 30 Libraries
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

Joseph - Michael
Joseph - Michael

Detroit, MI



About
I'm no one special. I'm just a single father in the MMA training to kill the anger and the personal pain in order to move on. Whenever I'm not busy, even with the damn procrastination issue, I try my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..