The Boiling Man

The Boiling Man

A Poem by Joseph - Michael
"

There was a time when I fell so hard on my knees and I was only 17 when I wrote this. Years later, it's still taunting me, even in my sleep.

"

 

Shh, Listen...   There's A Man...   Playing An Unusual Violin...

 

With The Strings That Are The Nerves...   And The Veins...   From His Own Arms...

 

How Wonderous The Sounds...   Of The Agonies Made...   By The Slicing And Dicing...

 

Down With The Lambs...   Up With The Larks...

 

Run To The Beds, Children...   Before It Gets Dark...

 

Around, Around The Sun We Go...   As The Moon Goes Around Us...

 

While The Parts Of Us Are Dying...   In The Slow And The Painful Ways...

 

We Do Not Die Of Death...   We Die Of The Vertigo...

 

Run, Dying Breeds, Run...   Like There's No Time...   And No Tomorrow...

 

Yet, We're All Still Gonna Die One Way...   Or Another...   No Matter What...

 

And I Just Saw The Dead...   Small And Great...  Stand Before The God...

 

I Witnessed The Blood Of The Christ...   Dripping On All Of Their Skins...

 

This Is Just Another Altar...   Inside The Church...   Of The Fears And The Pains...

 

Now, I Know Why Jesus Wept...

 

© 2013 Joseph - Michael


Author's Note

Joseph - Michael
This writing was inspired by James O'Barr, the creator of "The Crow"... (Thanks, James)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This i found to be a unique read. It's different format cause my mind to spin around alot like the images that you presented.
I liked how it was heart felt. The feelings of dispare and helplessness, seemed to fling out like and open blender.
Good read!
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this write alot, I find this write very well expressed and can feel the heat and emotions protrayed inside. This is a most well written write here.....Kim

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
No
i just love the intensity of this poem.
and the imagery, " Playing An Unusual Violin... With The Strings That Are The Nerves... And The Veins... From His Own Arms...". it literally gave me goosebumps, but not the goosebumps you get when you're scared, the goosebumps that come from when you read or hear something so incredibly deep and unnerving that it makes your own body rethink its temperature.
it reminds me of a point in my own life, but one that i never had the talent or the drive to capture in something as true as this.
bonus points for the biblical and theological references, it makes this poem so much stronger.

thanks for sharing.
julia



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This piece has a cool layout to it. It makes each line a little image in the mind.
It's kinda got a sad and depressed feel to it. But I think the word that really comes to mind, is forsaken. AS if one is standing alone, while the world falls and crumbles around them by the hands of god, and they are helpless to change fate's course.

For a piece written so long ago, it still has a lot of power.

Kansas :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I found myself here again. Still good stuff.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"With the strings that are the nerves...and the viens......from his own arms" This imagery is so great to me. I could feel the pain here. A powerful poem. Very good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was very interesting..but I like this one, it is very good. I like the format you used..It is a great read..I would recomment it to anyone who would like to read it.You did a great job on it ...Keep up the great work!

Berserk..=)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i love the crow!!!
anyways... good piece, but a typo...
"Run To The Beds, Children... Before It Get Dark..."
should be gets dark.

i think youve found your signature in upper case. it really works, i think; the unconventionality of the format as well as the upper case adds something to it, like an air of mysticism.

for a first piece, this is amazing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is really so dark and sad but so beautifully written!
Very intense piece of writing...


Thank for participating in "The pain of my lonely nights" contest :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I am so sorry it's taken me this long to review. Anyways, this is a very interesting poem and has great imagery. A really great write, nice job!!!

Heather

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

To me, it seems very dark and grim. It's definitely not something I'm used to reading, but I like the style.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19365 Views
190 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 30 Libraries
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

Joseph - Michael
Joseph - Michael

Detroit, MI



About
I'm no one special. I'm just a single father in the MMA training to kill the anger and the personal pain in order to move on. Whenever I'm not busy, even with the damn procrastination issue, I try my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..