The Boiling Man

The Boiling Man

A Poem by Joseph - Michael
"

There was a time when I fell so hard on my knees and I was only 17 when I wrote this. Years later, it's still taunting me, even in my sleep.

"

 

Shh, Listen...   There's A Man...   Playing An Unusual Violin...

 

With The Strings That Are The Nerves...   And The Veins...   From His Own Arms...

 

How Wonderous The Sounds...   Of The Agonies Made...   By The Slicing And Dicing...

 

Down With The Lambs...   Up With The Larks...

 

Run To The Beds, Children...   Before It Gets Dark...

 

Around, Around The Sun We Go...   As The Moon Goes Around Us...

 

While The Parts Of Us Are Dying...   In The Slow And The Painful Ways...

 

We Do Not Die Of Death...   We Die Of The Vertigo...

 

Run, Dying Breeds, Run...   Like There's No Time...   And No Tomorrow...

 

Yet, We're All Still Gonna Die One Way...   Or Another...   No Matter What...

 

And I Just Saw The Dead...   Small And Great...  Stand Before The God...

 

I Witnessed The Blood Of The Christ...   Dripping On All Of Their Skins...

 

This Is Just Another Altar...   Inside The Church...   Of The Fears And The Pains...

 

Now, I Know Why Jesus Wept...

 

© 2013 Joseph - Michael


Author's Note

Joseph - Michael
This writing was inspired by James O'Barr, the creator of "The Crow"... (Thanks, James)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This i found to be a unique read. It's different format cause my mind to spin around alot like the images that you presented.
I liked how it was heart felt. The feelings of dispare and helplessness, seemed to fling out like and open blender.
Good read!
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Powerful piece. The set up is very different but that completely lends itself to the originality of this piece. It also aids in getting the feel and emotion across; stunted sentences can really be powerful in their brevity and I think you definitely accomplished that here.

Great write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

I really like this work! You know why Jesus wept? Why didn't he? Don't get me started! :)

I like all the Christian allusions. I think that I am going to write a piece with a bunch of Muslim references because I am probably up to about 94% Christian allusions while being Muslim.

I need to get back to my heritage, and I want to respond to the arguably terrorist car bombing of an alleged terrorist by Israel who apparently won't even fess up to it. How do you get people to stop the terrorist bombings when you are also doing them? That just sort of incites more of the same. Did the 2006 Shi'ite shrine bombing not teach people that such flagrant acts tend to bring about long patterns of retribution?

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Nice piece of creative writing and always interesting to see how someone is inspired by another. Like the way you have laid this out, very thoughtful and getting maximum impact from the lines. The last line says everything and I think in some ways appears a revelation in the poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Very unique setup and the inspiration is veyr evident. Well written

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

What a wonderful write, the structure was amazing, and the poem itself was so full of emotion, Great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

a little bid of grateful dead influence, too, perhaps? hehe around the sun made me think of them. :)

"We Do Not Die Of Death... We Die Of The Vertigo..."

i love that line the best.

i like the setup too. it's different, but it worked for what you were trying to say. a little obtuse at times, but that's a personal choice. :)

rock on.

hugs



Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done, enjoyed reading this. I like how it was written too, it's different.


Great Write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

I like what you've written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

This i found to be a unique read. It's different format cause my mind to spin around alot like the images that you presented.
I liked how it was heart felt. The feelings of dispare and helplessness, seemed to fling out like and open blender.
Good read!
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.

Never heard of it, but this was an excellent write. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.


19
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19380 Views
190 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 30 Libraries
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

Joseph - Michael
Joseph - Michael

Detroit, MI



About
I'm no one special. I'm just a single father in the MMA training to kill the anger and the personal pain in order to move on. Whenever I'm not busy, even with the damn procrastination issue, I try my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..