The Masterpiece of  Home

The Masterpiece of Home

A Poem by Rita L. Sev
"

.

"

Those dishes in the sink

join refrigerator art,

a ‘round the room tableau

of Corelle and paper hearts

 

There’s music heard as well,

notes of chatter, laughter, tears

mingling in harmony

to echo through the years

 

Some may strain to see the value

these artists have created ~

the masterpiece of family life

unveiled and celebrated

© 2013 Rita L. Sev


Author's Note

Rita L. Sev
A dear friend finalized the adoption of his second son yesterday. He has always wanted to be a Dad. :) He has faced some opposition from his own family, because he adopted older (meaning, not babies) kids with "issues". But they are a beautiful family - like any other. :) I wrote this for them...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The piece tells a story but yet again your explanation tells another. A wonderful thing your friend has done Rita and anyone that frowns upon this sort of thing ....well......

A beautiful descriptive piece that depicted well the refrigirator in all it's glory adorned with happy memories of what art work children produce. A family home is not the same without that fridge.

Regards

Troy

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Troy...
What a heartwarming poem this is, Rita. Thanks for explaining why you wrote it. Your friend is a special person to adopt special needs children. They are so often overlooked. It is a major responsibility he is undertaking, but he will be repaid with hugs and love. A house is not a home till the refrigerator is covered in crayoned artwork! You really captured the warmth of family in this one. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Lydi - his oldest is now 17 (adopted at 6) and though there were struggles, he has grown .. read more
Lydia Shutter

10 Years Ago

family is not about what people look like....those who love know! :)
A heartwarming poem of the visual simplicity yet deeply bonding secure imagery of routine family life !

Your friend is a true humanitarian Rita and will further be inspired by this delightful tribute to family ways and values!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Tom - he really is a wonderful guy, and has made such a nice home for his boys!
everyone needs a place to call home...i think it is great that he adopted older...

now that feeling of family, that coziness of others caring, can be shared...with someone who has never felt that.

heartwarming piece, Rita.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Jacob. Those boys have a wonderful home now, as all children should...
I admire your friend for being willing to adopt older children, and make a masterpiece of his family life.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Marie - he is an impressive gentleman...
ah, mistress-peace...don't stay home without it

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Amen... Thank you, Ed.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2013
Last Updated on November 23, 2013
Tags: home, family, adoption, art

Author

Rita L. Sev
Rita L. Sev

Philadelphia, PA



About
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE "FRIENDING" ME: I am happy to be sharing my poems (and occasional stories) and thrilled to be reading fellow authors. About Friend Requests - It is wise to READ some of .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


always always

A Poem by Lydia Shutter