Fire and Water

Fire and Water

A Poem by Rita L. Sev

Oh, to be a catalyst,
To bring about great change
Respecting neighbors’ dogmas,
Let ideas be exchanged
In doing this, the upshot
Will be worth it in the end -
There really is no downside
When we find new ways to mend
You may think you’re an outlier,
Set apart for being odd
Knowing certainty is insane
That the others are all flawed
The step may lead to firestorms
But in time will prove to be
A moment of true watershed
That leads to unity

© 2021 Rita L. Sev


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I clicked on and saw you on the home feed and thought, wow, there is someone from the past. Hello Rita, it is so nice to see you here and read you again, though I do see this poem is quite an older one, I haven't been around in some time so it is new to me. The truth flows in your words and your rhymes and meter are as perfect as I remember. Indeed once we realize that we are all flawed, perhaps then we can all learn to get along. Nicely said.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Rita L. Sev

9 Months Ago

Thank you, Will - I found myself with a break at work today and in need of some poetry.
The odd, the quirky...I wouldn't have it any other way. Life can be dull and become stagnate and change can then bother many and create divide. Where is the unity? I'll stand with you!
This was a great little push back into reality. Thank you.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Rita L. Sev

9 Months Ago

Thank you, Troy!
Something tells me I owe you a big time thank you. Yeah, yeah, Rita, I'm just a young pup, in ways. Thank You, Rita! Here's an official Doggy Bag, for you, Rita: The Monger! I'd write about it, myself, but I have a Good Little Audit going on, IF I can quit yaking, Rita. Odds are, you covered my a*s, big time, Rita. Kudos! Oh, yeah, your poem. The healthy peacemaker... You've been at this for years, Rita, so it's pointless for me to explain what you are already well aware of. Good job, though.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Rita L. Sev

9 Months Ago

:) Thank you - apologies for taking so long!
OH my GOODNESS - a new poem from you - an uplift, with a marching cadence that inspires my ornery little heart. I see so little good these days but three poems in and here you are my dear old poetic friend - shining a light on your page - and the colors are beautiful. Unity....yes.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

3 Years Ago

So great to see you! Thank you for your kind words. In a work of turmoil, poetry and kindness go a l.. read more
Odd makes the world go around...And I think that Odd combined is quite strong.
We need to find ways of coming together....

we just do.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

3 Years Ago

Yes, we certainly do. I personally love the Odd, and believe it is we who will effect great change.... read more
No unity in this world I'm afraid, catalyst or not.
The world is delivered in a parcel of Amazon, rockets that take you into space, and electric cars that take you as far as the next charging point. In saying that, if you've survived covid 19, you should be grateful.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

3 Years Ago

This has certainly been a time to ponder where to find the unity... still searching. And grateful I .. read more
i like how you convey this important social message, Rita .. quietly presenting a beautiful wisdom .. passionate discourse turned vicious and abusive degrades the person speaking and drives hateful spikes home ... who can sanely argue against healing .. not i quacked the duck ... not i! .. certainly we don't want nor need to be all the same .. being rejected merely for holding thoughts, beliefs or visions that are different is an illness not a platform.
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

3 Years Ago

Yet, there are those who do just that - argue against healing. *sigh* Thank you for your insight, E... read more
Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

Given the divisions of this time, this offering seems idealistic. But of course, everything changes. This grim time will be no different. But I wish to High Heaven it would get started.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

3 Years Ago

That’s my wish too... much of my work is idealistic. I live in hope. Thanks for reading.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2021
Last Updated on April 30, 2021

Author

Rita L. Sev
Rita L. Sev

Philadelphia, PA



About
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE "FRIENDING" ME: I am happy to be sharing my poems (and occasional stories) and thrilled to be reading fellow authors. About Friend Requests - It is wise to READ some of .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tepid Tepid

A Poem by Lydia Shutter