Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Kuroko Chigokoro

I walk to class carefully holding my broken iPad. I hand the note to my teacher and I sit down.

Before I knew it class was over. Hmm, must've fazed out.

Before I get up Sam walks over and kneels in front of my desk. "So how'd it go?" he asks.

I quickly scramble for a notebook and pen and write, 'Um, it went well I guess.'

He looks at me in confusion. "Why aren't you using your iPad?"

'When I went to my locker after my meeting some bullies came over and emptied out my backpack along with dropping my iPad on the floor. As far as I know, it doesn't work anymore.'

His eyes widen. "What? Are you serious!? Let me look at it."

I hesitantly hand it to him so he can examine it.

He holds onto it like it'll break if he puts even the slightest amount of pressure on it. He traces the crack on the screen with his finger. He tries to turn it on but the screen stays black.  

 

"We should bring it in to get it looked at. Did you get a warranty? They can replace it."

'I don't know.'

"Ok, let's bring it to where you got it from and get it looked at. I'll meet up with you after school."

I nod and he walks to his next class. I get up and do the same.


***


After school we head to his car.

I get in and I just look out the window as we head to the store to get my iPad looked at.

We walk into the store and Sam hands the sales clerk my iPad. "Do you think you can fix this?" Sam asks him.

"We can fix the cracked screen, is there anything else broken?" the guys asks.

"It doesn't turn on." Sam tells him.

"Do you have a warranty? We can just give you a new one if you do."

I take out my notebook a write. 'I think so, let me look at the receipt.' I take my backpack off and look for the receipt. My grandma told me to keep it with me always. After a few seconds I find it and look at the words on it. I nod finding that it says it has a 2 year warranty and hand it to him.

"How did it get broken may I ask?" the guy behind the counter asks.

I look down and I eventually write, 'Some bullies took my stuff and threw everything onto the ground. My iPad landed awfully hard.'

"Ah, why aren't you talking?"

I stare at him for a second then I decide to tell him. 'I'm deaf and I have no voice.'

"Oh, I'm sorry."

I just ignore him.

"Well I should probably get this done." and he gets to work and eventually hands me a new iPad. "Do you want the engravment on there?" I nod and he puts it on there. Just like my other iPad it says 'To my loving grandson, I don't care who or what you are I will always love you.' I smile at the message and we eventually leave the store and head home.

After we get home I turn on the computer and set up my iPad. Luckily I managed to get a back-up on here earlier.

After a while I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see Sam.

"Sorry but some cops are here to talk to you." he says. I nod and get up. We walk to the living room.

We both sit down on the couch that's across from the couch the cops are on.

"Sorry Sam but we would like to talk to him alone please." One of the cops say.

Sam quickly looks at me then back at the cops and nods. He gets up and walks out of the room.

"Rouasha are you sure you don't know anything about you parents death?"

I shake my head.

"So you don't recognize this gun?" one of the cops pull out a bag with my fathers gun in it. My eyes widen. "So you do recognize it."

I quickly type on my iPad. 'It was my dads.'

The cop nods. "Considering we found it outside of the house we rule out suicide. So to try to figure out who did it, we looked at the DNA on the gun. Do you know whose DNA we found on there?"

I just stare at him.

"We found...you're dads, and, yours. Now do you have an explanation for this?"

I feel the tears well up in my eyes. No! I can't believe they found out!

"Did you do it?" The cop asks.

Tears fall down on my face and I decide to tell the truth so I slowly nod yes.

"Why?"

I type, 'Cuz they f*****g hated me!'

"Why did that cause you to kill them?"

'I tried to talk to them about how I felt but they just ignored me. I didn't know what to do! I just-' I start crying before I finish typing. The cops grab my iPad to see what I typed then set it down in front of me.

One of them grab my chin a gently pull my face up. "If they didn't want you why didn't they put you up for adoption?"

I type, 'I don't know. '

"We've also noticed all of your other family members are dead too, and you were always the one we found there alive. Did you kill them too?"

I look at him, my vision blurred from the tears. 'Yes, not my grandmother though, she was the only one that truly loved me.' I eventually type.

Why am I telling them everything? Is it because I just can't lie? All the guilt from the murders I've committed suddenly well up inside of me.

'What are you gonna do with me?'

"Well, you're only 15 so you can't exactly go to jail. We can tell you're a troubles child. It seems you weren't ever properly taught or loved either. We are just gonna have to wait and see what the judge says. For now you are to stay here no matter what."

'So you're putting me under house arrest?'

"Pretty much." he pulls out a wristband and fastens it around my wrist. "This is a tracking device. It tells us wherever you go." I nod and he gets up. The cops walk out of the house without another word.

After they leave Sam walks in. "Is it true? Did you really kill all of your family members?" he asks.

I nod. Sam runs out of the house. I would follow him but I can't.

What's going to happen to me now?



© 2013 Kuroko Chigokoro


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on April 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013


Author

Kuroko Chigokoro
Kuroko Chigokoro

Peoria, AZ



About
Hello! I'm 19 and currently attending a state university studying Graphic Design! Though I love to do Illustration type art. :) I love to draw and I also love to write. I love yaoi which is what inspi.. more..

Writing