Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Roxanne Mckyla
"

A short clip of the future of what could happen with the writings of Marie. Presented by her closest friend.

"

"In life there are lessons to learn. We find what matters, what doesn't, who matters, who doesn't, and how to live and love  despite pain, failure, and any mountain in our path. We put off death and try to make the most until that day. In a sad tragedy, most people live life blind and just go through the motions. They don't realize the beauty in life and don't see the blue sky or green grass around them. The world has been lost in a crowd of people hurridly shuffling along to meet the next meaningless deadline. They don't stop to smell the flowers in their own garden. People don't stop to look up at the clouds anymore. They all look down trying not to meet anyone's gaze and look over everyone. They fear the judgement of others and being late. Shouldn't we be fearing that our life is slipping out of our grip and dissapearing into oblivion. Each breath has been made useless instead of a gift. Each moment goes by unused and waisted. Worry, fear, meaningless things have taken over our world. What about those people who still stop to look up to the sky with a smile while people hurry around them? There are those still out there who see the beauty in life and stop to smell the rose and gently stroke its petal. They have been lost in this world. Those who know life's true nature have been lost in this world of lies. Where have these people gone? Where has this side of everyone else gone? Hidden beneath false layers and masks. They all live a lie. They all don't see. What happened to the smiles, peace, and pure happiness that people used to know? Where has your life gone?"

 

Rosalin slowly closed the cover of the neatly binded book. She rested her hand on its beautifully designed cover and let a sigh out. Her eyes were closed but she could feel the intent stares of waiting face. The spot light seemed to create a small heat circle around her that seperated her from the rest of the room. She ran a finger along the side of the podium's top. Rosalin slowly opened her eyes to stare down at the book beneath her manacured hand. Above her finger tips, in beautiful font, was the name Marie Lanolin. Rosalin slowly looked up and out to the packed room. The air seemed still as people held their breath for her to speak. The microphone was angled toward her and waiting to carry her words out over the crowd. Rosalin relaxed her shoulders and stood a bit straighter. Her voice came out calm, touched, and full of wisdom.

 

"Marie Lanolin was not just a girl who wrote in journals or trajecally became famous after her death. She was a dear friend to me and hundreds of others. She was loved, cherished, and now gently missed. She was a girl of happiness, understanding, loyalty. She was classy, sweet, and a pure sunbeam. Her smile could make the dark be gone, her simple touch could melt the thickest icicle heart, and her existance made evil run and hide. Marie saw the world for what it was and saw how the people hid. She always knew the truth and spoke it. Her hoesty and presence demanded attention. Even at the age of seventeen.

 

"Marie wanted to save the world. She wanted to show people her side and let them see the brilliance in life. She had journal after journal stacked along her walls. There was file after file saved on computers and drives. They were all filled with her writings, her thoughts, hopes, dreams, wantings, everything. She wanted to share them with the world. I'm so happy that we have been able to publish Marie and get her into the world. She will make her difference and show all the people they can to."

 

Rosalin's eyes grew glassy as emotions swept onto her. She reached forward and picked up her glass of champagne. She lifted it up. "Now a toast." The people in the room raised their glasses up in a mimicking motion. "To Marie. May her guildance save us all and bring us back to joy." The room was full of chorus, "To Marie!" They tilted the glass back and took a small sip. They stood and applause filled the room. Rosalin pursed her lips to hold back tears.

 

Rosalin looked out to the crowd. A single girl standing with a glass caught her eye. Her hair was done up and her dress flowed beautifully around her. The girl's facial features were gorgious and her smile was lovely. She was a knock-out, yet no one seemed to see her. Marie raised her glass to Rosalin on the stage and Rosalin responded with a nod to her and her smile grew. Marie sipped from her glass as Rosalin did. The two caught eye contact with matching gorgious smiles. Marie gently put her finger tips to her mouth and blew Rosalin a kiss. Marie's form slowly faded away. Rosalin thought out to her, 'I love you, Marie.' A single tear ran down her cheek as applause around the room continued.



© 2011 Roxanne Mckyla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 21, 2011


Author

Roxanne Mckyla
Roxanne Mckyla

CO



About
Don't know what to say about myself, never do unless asked a question. I'm a girl who doesn't talk about herself obviously... I write what is in my heart and off of what I experience or a lot of the t.. more..

Writing
Love? Love?

A Story by Roxanne Mckyla