Second to last chapter

Second to last chapter

A Chapter by Foster Clarke
"

Second to final chapter, after killing god there is a problem with the time line, let's find out how to solve this.

"
Alice was now back at the sanctuary along with Tom, Mia, and Elijah. They were arranged in a near perfect circle. They didn’t dare move because they knew if they moved they could end up at any point in their life.
“ok so now that we’re here what do we do now?” asked Tom.
“How about not move for one.” said Caterina popping into existence behind Tom.”
“Jegus!” shouted a startled Tom. “Anyway from stopping that from happening too? Nearly gave me a heart attack.”
“Alright so that is 5 of 12.” said Alice amidst laughing. “Any serious ideas?”
“But it was serious.” Caterina complained smiling and holding back a laugh.
“Shut up Cat.” said Elijah smiling and shaking his head.
For a long moment everyone was quiet both trying to think a new voice belonging to Lilith who had just appeared in the center of the group.
“We’re trying to figure out how to move around the room without transporting to a different place and time in the world,” Mia explained.
“Oh... Well what about meditation?” asked Lilith after a short pause.
“That could work.” said Alice
“It is said that meditation is the most powerful thing a human can do,” commented Elijah.
“May as well give it a shot,” said Alice.
“May as well give what a shot?” Asked Jamahl.
“Oh my god this will be annoying,” noted Alice closing her eyes with annoyance.
“So we will be meditating. We all will focus on where we are on where we are right now so we don’t poof to a different part of space-time,” explained Elijah.
“Is that the right thing to call it still?” asked Tom.
“What?” Elijah asked.
“Space-time. Like it’s not a connected thing any more. It’s more like… space and time? Space time?” Tom explained emphasizing the space between the two words by holding out his hands first on one side of his body pausing and then putting his hands on the opposite side of his body for the second word.
“Who actually cares what it’s called?” said Elijah.
“What what’s called?” asked Jun.
“Nope not explaining again those of you who know what to do, meditate. Cat, you explain everything to the people who are just getting here so they know what needs to be done.” Irritated with the whole situation Alice let out an exhausted breath. “God I sound like a parent.”
While everyone at the sanctuary meditated, the final 4 appeared in the room within 10 minutes. Lisa was next to Mia. Serena appeared near Cat. Next was James who appeared on the opposite side of the room from Caterina. And finally was Mason who appeared right in front of the books so Caterina had to tell him he was at the right place then explain what was happening behind him.
Finally everyone was in a meditative state. After an hour Alice opened her eyes. Everything felt much more stable. Almost like time was fixed. Alice got up and took a step forward. When her foot touched the floor, the ground waved very slightly, like when people draw someone walking on water. She looked around and Elijah was at the books reading. She walked over to him. “Looks like it works. How long have you been up?”
“About 15 minutes.” replied Elijah
“Feels stable,” Noted Alive but with every word she could feel the stability breaking down. “For now.”
“Make sure to keep your focus on staying here. Even reading is hard when you can’t focus solely on it,” Elijah said in the calmest voice Alice had ever heard from him.
“Thanks for telling me.”
“Ya no problem. I’ll keep reading and you talk to people as they wake up?”
“Sounds good to me,” Alice said turning around to see if anyone else was awake. She didn’t see anyone so she sat down and without closing her eyes and meditated as best she could.
Next to open their eyes was Lil about 5 minutes after Alice and Elijah agreed on what to do. Alice warned Lil that she still needed to focus on staying here but to read as best she could.
She told this to everyone as they woke up. First Lilith, then Serena. After that was Jun, Mia, Jamahl, Tom and then Caterina. Finally there was Mason, James and then last was Elizabeth about an hour after Alice had gotten up.
“Alright everyone gather together,” Alice called out. Everyone did. “About how long are we should we keep at this? And Cat none of this as long as it takes.”
“We just have to settle how often we come together to discus this. Do we do this after every book or do once a week?”
“I think once a day would be best so we know which direction to go in the next day. And it doesn’t disrupt people from learning.”
“Sounds good.”
“Alright seems we have an agreement. We’ll meet back here when the sun goes down. If words start getting blurry please take a break and meditate we don’t want to have you dead.”
Jun would study mathematics to find any leads. Science would be studied by James and Mia. Tom and Jamahl were the lucky ones who studied symbols and codes. Mason got theology while Lilith studied alchemical papers. Alice had conspiracy and Serena got physics. Elizabeth got to work on alternative theories and why they were discarded while Caterina studied quantum science.
After the first day they decided that math and regular science wouldn’t have the answer but James would still be looking into them everyday just incase something popped up while Jun went to help with alchemy. Meanwhile Mia helped Caterina try to figure out quantum science. The 2 most promising realms were spirituality and quantum science. Theology also seemed an interesting alternative to it. Some of the symbols and coded works, including alchemy, at least looked promising but so far no real leads had come up. Alternative theories were quickly drying up and falling flat. Then there was physics which had the same problems as science and math, that it was too mechanical. Conspiracies just seemed to be almost too open ended but Alice just kept on with it. Eventually by the end of the first night physics, science and math were all clumped together so James and Serena would work on it together.
The second day went by and science seemed less and less likely to be the answer. A few mathematicians seemed to have a few ideas but psychology and sociology seemed to have a better overall idea so James focused on psychology and Serena focused on sociology. Meanwhile symbols and codes seemed to be producing less so they were combined with alchemy. Jun, lilith and Jamahl worked on symbols, codes and alchemy while Tom went to help Mason with theology. Alternative theories and conspiracies got grouped together and now Alice and Elizabeth were working together. Elijah still worked on spirituality but didn’t get far. He did realise that a small object like a rock, gem, or pendent could help you focus and stabilize your time and space. Meanwhile Mia and Caterina continued their work on quantum science.
On the fourth day theology and spirituality were combined so now Tom, Mason and Elijah were working together. Alternative theories and conspiracies were given up on so Alice went to work with James on psychology while sociology was worked on by Elizabeth and Serena. There were less answers in symbols, codes and alchemy but Jun, Lilith and Jamahl would give it one more day. And finally quantum science was still being worked on by Mia and Caterina. It had started to say that it is to move from place to place in this type of world. Just not exactly how.
By the time the fifth day came around spirituality and symbols were combined and was being worked on by Lilith, Tom, Mason, and Elijah. They all decided quantum science could pair up with alchemy and codes so Mia, Caterina, Jun, and Jamahl were in charge of that. And finally sociology was dropped so Elizabeth and Serena went to work helping Alice and James with psychology but that also seemed to be leading to a dead end.
With spirituality combined with symbols it became much easier to understand what ancient civilizations were saying about spirituality.
Then with alchemy working with quantum science it seemed even more possible to transmute things like the alchemists thought would be possible. And the codes included with alchemy helped to understand the alchemists’ writings.
Then there was psychology in which Jung almost seemed to infer that gods were real and were on a separate plane. He also seemed to say that man could get there.
This was the last meeting they would have before deciding on what to do.
Alice spoke first. “Okay, does anyone have any answers of how to stabilize everything?” No one spoke up. “So I’ll start with our finding. We all know that Jung has been our main focus but Freud had some sort of base for him but I don’t think we can learn much more other than Jung saying gods come in groups and they’re on a separate plane of existence. What about quantum science?”
“Well it is possible to move from one place to another,” stated Jun, “without actually exerting physical energy but it doesn’t really say much else on the subject. As of this moment we can’t tell how to move ourselves without physically moving.”
“Alright and what about spirituality,” asked Alice.
With this Mason spoke up, “Well meditation and focus seems to be a good way to do just about anything just you can’t force too hard just almost allow it but push slightly. Also the more sentimentality an object has to you the more power it has. If it has a good meaning in your life it can help you accomplish anything if it has a bad meaning or has a negative correlation in your life it is more likely to sabotage what you are doing.”
“So what you’re suggesting,” Mia asked slowly, “is we grab something that means a lot to us and meet back here so it’s easier to meditate and move in this world?”
“That is exactly what we are suggesting,” said Tom. “We do have all of our belongings here so what we need to do is get to our rooms and grab something that means a lot to us and has no negative emotions attached to it.”
“That should give us more focus so it should be easier to get back here,” interrupted Mason. “Anyway do we have any better ideas?”
There were murmurs around the room in agreement.
“Okay,” said Alice, “Let's do that. We’ll meet back here in the morning. I think we all deserve a break for the night. When you wake up bring your item here with you and we’ll get to god.”
With that they all dispersed in their groups chatting and laughing a little. Alice went to the gardens with James and Lilith to grab something to eat. “Well looks like we can fix this whole thing tomorrow,” said Alice.
“Aww I kinda liked not being able to control where I’m going next,” Lilith said jokingly
“Ya like the rest of us did,” retorted James.
They all joked and picked stuff to eat before heading to their rooms. Alice looked next to her bed but there wasn’t a lot. A picture of her late husband, a necklace that her friend gave her, and a small round marble from her childhood. She went to grab the picture but something told her to grab the marble instead.


© 2017 Foster Clarke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on February 28, 2017
Last Updated on February 28, 2017
Tags: Time, super natural, god, study


Author

Foster Clarke
Foster Clarke

San Jose, CA



About
I'm Foster Clarke and I have always had ideas for books but now Im trying my hand at actually writing. I hope to write and publish several books starting by the time I'm 28. I hope that this community.. more..

Writing
Entry one Entry one

A Chapter by Foster Clarke


Day 30 Day 30

A Chapter by Foster Clarke