Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis

A Poem by Ryan
"

Imagery

"

  There I was on my back porch the harsh cold air biting at my nose and chilling my ears I pulled my hood up tighter and looked at the sky. My breath caught momentarily as I was mesmerized by the brilliant spectacle of colored light that was the aurora borealis and the vastness of the clear sky with the stars sparkling brilliantly. But perhaps the greatest aspect was of the movement of the aurora borealis acting like large waves flowing through the sky. Looking down I was seemingly swept off my feet, for the same view I had just witnessed was reflected in the small lake in front of me. I felt like I was suspended in space my entire world filled with stars and streams of light. I couldn’t help but think how the winding curves of light reminded me of brush strokes on a massive painting. The forest beyond was a dark silhouette the trees looked like fingers from many hands reaching up trying to touch the unfathomable sky. Filled with awe I gazed upon the many shimmering colors and hues of purple, blue, and green. A soft breeze blew through, the trees emitting a quiet rustle I breathed in the crisp fresh air never before had I felt so alive than I did at that moment. I wanted it to last forever.

© 2016 Ryan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very creative enjoyed it!!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 8, 2016
Last Updated on June 8, 2016

Author

Ryan
Ryan

Writing
Journey Journey

A Story by Ryan


Diary  Mad Man Diary Mad Man

A Story by Ryan


Mountain Mountain

A Poem by Ryan