Mountain

Mountain

A Poem by Ryan
"

Imagery

"

  There they were the giants towering before me blocking out the setting sun, though there was still enough light to illuminate the clouds above the peaks igniting them in a blaze of pink and red hues. Before me spread the seemingly endless ocean of massive green trees. The small river in front of me wound its way through the valley like a water snake cutting through the boundless depths of that emerald ocean. The snow spread throughout the hills and mountains of the valley reminding me of the foam crested waves of the sea. Surprisingly the sides of those very hills and mountains gave off interesting colors such as blue, gray, black, with a hint of red and green. I closed my eyes and imagined those colors belonging to coral and the few birds I had seen were the fish that inhabited the elegant scene in front of me. I took a deep breath eyes still closed the cool fresh air filled my lungs, a soft breeze kissed my face. This was the water washing over me cleansing me down to my very soul. I opened my eyes dazzled again by the grand spectacle before me. As I was looking upon the valley I discovered that this was true freedom standing at the edge of the abyss ready to plunge into my first adventure.

© 2016 Ryan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on June 24, 2016
Last Updated on June 24, 2016

Author

Ryan
Ryan

Writing
Journey Journey

A Story by Ryan


Diary  Mad Man Diary Mad Man

A Story by Ryan


Aurora Borealis Aurora Borealis

A Poem by Ryan