A Love Story

A Love Story

A Story by SUGATA M

They often met in the District Park. They always exchanged a smile. And they felt the warmth growing slowly between them.

Every time they crossed each other with a wish. They would meet again on the next day. Everyday, the wish became stronger.

One day she didn’t come to park. And never thereafter.

He felt worried, extremely worried.

Has she left? Left forever? 

After all, this is the age when one has to keep on his or her toes to say good bye to life.

He started his enquiry to quench his quest.

He didn’t know where she lived. But he knew some of her close associates �" ladies around her age who accompanied her in the park. They still were visiting the park. He came to know about her from them.

Her sons had transferred her to one of the local old homes to stay there for the rest of her life. They eyed on her house with the plot to sell it to the builder under a heavy profit. They did need her house, but not their old helpless widowed mom. So they got rid of her and dumped her to a deserted place made exclusively for the old people of the town.

He felt sad, very sad.

The doctor had repeatedly told him to remain happy all the time. This would be the best medicine to remain fit in the old age.

He had been feeling so happy whenever having a glimpse of her in the park, but….that happiness was gone. How could he remain happy?

Sorry doc, I just can’t.

One day early morning he silently left his house leaving behind his children, their wives and children, and the old memories of his dead wife associated with the house.

‘Let me leave before you throw me out of my house’

 

 

 

 

He knocked the door of the old home and asked for a shelter.

They were united once again.

‘I will never part away from you in my life’ he told her in one breezy evening by holding passionately her shaky nervous hand. She reciprocated with a blushing smile.

Few months back, the man died suddenly succumbing to a massive heart attack.

And she breathed her last after few hours when the breezy evening wind started to blow.

As if he took her away with him in the breezy wind.

 

They were cremated together in the same burning-ghat by the care-takers of the old home.

 

They met again in the heaven….to live together forever.

(Based on a true story)

 

 

© 2012 SUGATA M


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That one brought a tear to my eye. Very touching story with a sad and happy ending at the same time.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very heartwarming and the fact it is a true story...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice work, romantic and visual, touching.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yay! Beautiful story. ^^ The ending of this made me remember of the ending in the movie, The Notebook. I believe that the oldies will be contented just being with their family, they'll be much happier with that than making them stay in a nursing home. :D Interesting story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can see the issue of leaving the elderly for someone else to tend to in this story (and it is a crisis here too) as well as the love. It was very sad and I was relieved with the hopeful ending. I think this was wonderfully conveyed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is more than a love story, but an evolving social issue in our country where the old members of the house are shifted to the old homes, as it is felt, these groups of people have lost their socio-economic values with age. My story would like to demonstrate the issue, but written in the mode of a love tale of two deserted old couple.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow.. how sweet.. i like this.. i just remember the song of Taylor Swift "Love Story" hahaha.. thanks for sharing.. love your poems :D
- Kuhr Gred

Posted 12 Years Ago


AWWW~ i really liked this, the ending was beautiful :)



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012

Author

SUGATA M
SUGATA M

New Delhi, South Asia, India



About
Moody, creative, romantic man loves intelligent and witty women and friendly men, adores simplicity and abominates double standard more..

Writing
VIDA VIDA

A Story by SUGATA M


Scent Scent

A Story by SUGATA M



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Everyone Everyone

A Poem by SUGATA M


Human Face Human Face

A Poem by SUGATA M