Baby Steps

Baby Steps

A Chapter by Reddy1221

For a girl who was  secretly a romantic at heart Diwali is one of the best days of the year , pretty dresses ,  sparkling lights lavish decorations and the promise of a prosperous year ahead; It was hard to contain her excitement .

It was 6 pm and She had to start getting ready to go to a Diwali party . She was 23 and was going to SMU law . Diwali with her cousins and their surprisingly  raunchy friends was exactly what she needed .  She opened her cupboard and instinctively smiled at the fact that she was about to attend an extremely dressy party and dressed her self in a beige blouse that hugged her breasts in just the right spots and slipped in to a beautiful baby pink lengha that she wore just below her navel .

She looked at the clock and realized it was almost 7pm , her boyfriend would be coming to pick her up in 15 minutes . She hurried to the bathroom and carefully lined her eyes with kaajal and applied a thin coat of gloss on her lips only to look at her self in the mirror and frown .

She was sure she looked fine but , something was screaming from inside her , mocking her for never being able to look as beautiful as the other  girls . Her thoughts were running in a turmoil , what if she would be making a fool of her self . She heard the door bell ring and instantly decided to change in to a kurtha instead .

She quickly slipped out of the lengha threw it on her bed and went to answer the door. she smiled when she saw  how  handsome he looked ,dressed in a white kurtha . She hugged him taking in the  smell of his usual cologne . He smiled , let go of her , and walked in to her bedroom to retrieve  his  forgotten watch . She stood at the door lost in thought hoping to find the courage to wear what she longed to wear  but, cursed her self for being so ridiculous , it was better to play it safe .

He wore his watch and was ready to leave but , not before he saw the lengha thrown on her bed . He walked up to the bed and really observed what his girlfriend was wearing he sighed , he never understood why she constantly dressed her self down  . He often felt  inadequate believing she thought there was no point dressing for him .He Pushed these thoughts away and abruptly asked her to change in to the lengha.

She protested for a while but knew it was pointless , she hated disappointing him . She slipped in to the lengha took  a deep breath and stepped outside . He smiled and let his  eyes wander her body she stood with her head down suddenly really interested in her toes and looked up  only to see his lips crashing against hers. She smiled as she continued to kiss him  and took comfort in the fact that romance was real and the year ahead would be a fairy tale with her knight in shining armor by her side.


© 2016 Reddy1221


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on July 18, 2016
Last Updated on July 18, 2016


Author

Reddy1221
Reddy1221

About
I'm a 20 year old going to Texas A&M . I've seen enough of the world to ignite my passion to search for something thats worth it . more..

Writing
The End The End

A Chapter by Reddy1221