Stolen Peaches

Stolen Peaches

A Chapter by SarahK

Eventually, the tire had been taken care of, but after they all maneuvered back into the minivan they realised they were facing another problem. Money.

“Now, we all know that my moms are vibing out in Hawaii for three weeks and this card could be used anywhere globally and they wouldn’t care, however, my love for mars bars has sort of depleted my funds at the moment,” Blair admitted while staring at her balance on her phone. “Of course I can contact my parents but they are some soul-searching hippie retreat currently and are completely out of service.”

“And I can’t use any sort of card because my mother will definitely be trying to track me on anything she possibly can, and we probably don’t want this adventure to end in the back of a police car,” Elizabeth noted

“Max and I don’t have anything,” said HoneyDew who decided that she and Max were going to be inseparable from now-on and had basically attached herself to his side.

They then turned to Dave, whose amount of pockets had to have something in them. Dave fumbled through the four pockets in his leather jacket and the four in his black jeans and eventually found a “crisp twenty.” Dave leaned forward over the driver's seat, “and by the looks of things, that’s gas money.”

“Honeydew can you check The Pile?” Elizabeth asked

HoneyDew looked down at the grey flooring of the minivan and counted out-loud, two packets of salt and vinegar chips and a bottle of water.

“Well,” said Elizabeth thinking, “I guess we are just going to have to keep going, maybe a gas station nearby has discount pies or something.”

They all agreed that they would just keep moving on.

Elizabeth started up the minivan and pulled out onto the highway, ignoring the other drivers beeping their horn obnoxiously as they passed the van going 55 mph down the rural interstate.

Soon enough the scenery began to change, the brambles and odd tree turned into farmland and country area. HoneyDew liked to kneel up on the seat and point at the animals she could see in various fields, Dave thought that was cute, like an excited little kid.

In the distance there was a huge group of trees with a strip of dirt road to the side, as they drove closer they could see it wa, in fact,t a peach orchard.

“Liz, for all that is good and mighty pull into that driveway,” Blair ordered

Elizabeth slowed down and turned into the dirt road - it was completely empty and seemed to stretch on forever into the horizon with no buildings in sight.

“Okay guys,” Blair whispered in a very serious tone, “this is secret stealth operation of upmost importance” She pointed to Max and Dave, “You’ll be our pickers, ya’ll need speed and quantity. Once you have aquired the peach you will-”

“Okay wait a second!” Elizabeth interrupted, “we are absolutly not stealing peaches”

“First of Lizzy, you won’t be, you are the getaway driver”

“I’m what-”

“And secondly, it’ll only be a couple so don’t even worry.”

As Elizabeth muttered to herself that it was all going to be okay and looked around for any farm vehicles that anyone could be in ready to catch them in the act, Blair continued her plan to the rest of group, who attempted to ‘huddle’ as much as the could in their places in the minivan. “So, Max and Dave will pass us the peaches and at the maximum rate and we will pack them into our backpacks at equally the maximum rate and then we scram. Okay, go!”

Elizabeth watched as they all ran out and jumped over a short wire fence, Max was the tallest and found it easiest to pick the peaches, mostly they were slightly hard but nevertheless he was hungry for something that didn’t come in packaging. “It’s the little things” he mused to himself. Max and HoneyDew were the fastest in getting their bag full and were the first leaping back over the fence and into the car. Before they could bite into a peach themselves they noticed a man approaching Dave and Blair, looking very angry.

“S**t!” cried Blair, elbowing Dave to notice. Dave dropped his peach quickly to the ground.

“¿Qué estás haciendo?!” The man yelled, “deja eso solo!”

Blair flicked her hair back and put on her kiss-a*s smile as the man came within three feet of the pair. “Sir, we are so sorry, see we were just passing through and-”

usted está traspasando!” The man exclaimed, completely ignoring Blair. Blair was shocked but Dave turned to her and explained that the man is mad because we are trespassing. “Go back to the van.” he told her.

“nos iremos, lo siento” Dave apoligized to the man, “you have a lovely orchard,” he added in english. Dave took off and ran back to the van, thankful that Elizabeth had already started it and they were able to leave straight away.

After they all caught their breath, Blair turned to Dave, “I totally forgot you are Puerto Rican”

Dave put out his hand, “Peach?”



© 2018 SarahK


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on July 7, 2018
Last Updated on July 7, 2018
Tags: teenage, roadtrip, teen, adventure, love


Author

SarahK
SarahK

About
I have come across a lot of spare time recently and thus I have now a lot of time to focus on something that intrigued me when I was 13: Creative writing. I hope you enjoy. more..

Writing
Decisive Decisive

A Story by SarahK


Day Minus Three Day Minus Three

A Chapter by SarahK


Day Minus Two Day Minus Two

A Chapter by SarahK