Book 3: The War of Puriyaya

Book 3: The War of Puriyaya

A Chapter by Sawan

Book 3: The War of Puriyaya

Chapter 1: The Chariot Races

There were chariot races held in the main city that King Bimbisara reigned in and his descendants, using his name. There, the rogue devas, followers of Cronus, disguising themselves would then appear, and after winning many consecutive races, were declared enemies of the state. I shall tell their story now.

Losa, Tansa, and Ragu were their names. They were three devas leading an army of devas, gods who were so happy, that they were bewildered by the mental states they accumulated. They even tried to start their own separate sect of devas within Cronus’s cult. Losa the ring leader, was not pleased, actually that when he foresaw the outcome of their victory, that most of his followers would quit before the final battle, because they thought that their triumph would be too much a hilarity that would provoke Brahma’s ire. Indeed Brahma’s character carried a bad name with the devas who had joined Cronus’s cult.

He consulted an oracle who told him that indeed, only Ragu and Tansa would survive to fight the final battle to take the city. Because of this, the three decided to develop a strong association of kindred amongst them. But enmity ensued. They wanted to see through a battle of wits who was the greatest, who was the leader, and who was both of the greatest and the leader, if there was such a one among them.

After several sword battles Losa won as the greatest swordsman. Ragu and Tansa got somewhat jealous, so they began plotting against him, and would continue to, throughout the war, by talking behind his back. Losa sensed this and tried to overthrow the concept that he hadn’t vanquished these two completely by constantly challenging his two friends to mild deva contests, such as mild sword and hand weapons combat, archery, and chariot racing. Some of these contests were quite long, and the other impatient members of their party began to get mad, and thought this was not practice, just a series of charades. They even reported this to Cronus, behind Losa’s, Tansa’s and Ragu’s back. Cronus was not really impressed and told them not to go against their so called new leaders, it would be bad for the long term war.

But practice was involved. For example, they did practice using their dangerous celestial powers in chariot war drills, which were meant mostly to frighten their enemies, not to hurt. Also the sword combat, while serious, was not very interesting. Because they had decided to look like shining crystalline glass in the eyes of the humans they would eventually try to conquer, some of the fights looked just glass porcelain figures fighting ordinary hand to hand combat, with the exceptional feature that they would shatter or break.

On one memorable occasion and another, Losa broke his arm and thigh off completely is a sword fight with Ragu and Tansa fell of his chariot and had his body shattered into two pieces at the abdomen. Tansa thought he would die, lying on the ground in this condition, as did Losa. But sometime shortly after, either after picking them up and taking them to an apothecary for some medicine, or pushing the parts together, their bodies mending itself automatically with ease, they continued their banter and would continue wending their way through life. Losa’s injury was particularly bad for the long term because that sword fight had been particularly full of grief, and hatred with Ragu, and for a long time in Samsara, the long series of rebirths, he would act on the basis that fight represented a real challenge to his authority and power.

Finally when they were ready, Losa and Tansa warned their deva battalions to listen to Ragu while they were away winning the raises. Ragu also had a fierce temper, which they should be aware of. They argued about just two of them going forward, their supposed best, so finally it was decided that a few, and eventually, a crowd of them, would rotate with others, and participate in the races, which were considered great fun in the beginning. The crowds were quite enthused with their success.

When they had first arrived, they tried to masquerade as ordinary men. Masquerading as ordinary men from visiting cities, The men of the city greeted them with open arms to the chariot races as foreigners, which were being held daily at that time. They were late comers, in that sense, but the devas were peeved, because they had been living in the countryside outside the city for quite some time. They saw that some people were actually becoming disgruntled with their results from betting, usually always bad when they betted against the foreigners. So then a faction began to form against them. Why should the host city always lose the races, and those who betted in favor of the people from out of town always winning?

They developed a lot of negativity over this, and quickly, they began to suspect the guys from out of town of foul play. Loma and Tansa tried to prove their innocence by showing their innocence to the crowds that began booing against them, after and before races. They showed that they had normal chariots, with the exception that Loma’s wheels had the regular spades that grinded their rivals chariot wheels.

Tansa’s chariot didn’t have such spades. People would harangue them over this difference as well, so then they would yell at each other over it from time to time. Other than that, their chariots had nothing out of ordinary about them that the people could see. At first, the aura of lack guilt followed them, but the will of the people was against them as time went on. Until Loma yelled angrily at them, and began threatening the booing crowds.

But they were unimpressed with the city that sought to imprison them. They accumulated the hatred of the host city quickly after winning many races and as they were despised by the establishment, they developed loathing towards them as well.

Losa himself knew that as the leader of the group, that it was useless to parley with the city. Adopting a wife there, he moved there and tried to live in the host city, and become one of the city folk when he had started to reach the normal age for human charioteer racers to retire. But discontent with his choice of a home was rife with his neighbors, and those who remembered who he was. The city councilmen, knowing that Ragu and Tansa were still in contact with Losa, tried to unsettle them, and subdue by drawing them into rebellion against the state of King Brahmadatta.

When they failed to do so, they decided that the best way to do this was to hang Losa. When they failed to do so, or he had escaped, they thought that they could kill off one of the trio by having Losa and Tansa compete against each other in a chariot race held to raise money for charity. With Raghu in hiding, missing, they thought that this would be best. Also Losa had apparently been masquerading as a prince in another realm according to his horoscope which was leaked to the public, as he had become a celebrity charioteer. There apparently the Kingdom of Brahmadatta, was apparently portrayed as a cruel government, or commercial empire. Thus, his unpopularity grew.

By then, the two brothers, or great friends, had grown aloof, or cold, as was being portrayed in the other story they were purported to be making. The people couldn’t tell whether they were really antagonized over the sake of race, they were just putting a front. They competed for extra and longer circuits and even demanded a bigger ring. Raghu appeared in the middle of the charioteer race, suddenly. He then competed, and miraculously defeated both! He then accused them both of treachery and betraying their friendship.

Raghu then asked his brother devas, Losa, and Tansa to betray the King of the City, and go into rebellion. Losa and Tansa refused, and Raghu was taken prisoner, which angered Tansa and Losa. Tansa and Losa then started the rebellion and were taken prisoner.  

After attempts to mete out punishments on these continuous victors, which failed every single time because of the mysterious will of the people, then, breaking free from prison, they gathered armaments and chariots outside the city barricades and revealing their divinity to the elderly and feeble on the city ramparts in beautiful, lustrous and shining chariots with spears, swords, chariot wheels, and bow and arrows, that put forth dazzling streaming brightness and radiance. The charioteers and horses and devas themselves would look as though they were shining green glass, shining yellow glass, or shining red glass.

They gazed upon their feeble enemies in triumph, with brilliant shining faces, and holy divine colors radiating into the supramundane distances from the celestial armored Great Holinesses. They were perhaps several yojanas away, yet seemingly on the hill outside the city. Those city people looked upon them in disbelief. At first the devas laughed and were amused, that they would bring smite upon these city people. But cruelty emerged in their hearts as their celestial powers arose to vanquish the enemy, and as if Titans in their exhibition of holy great strength they flourished their might! Their minds, loathing of the city men, hardened like deva steel, rushed into battle, whipping their celestial horses gallantly, against the countrymen of the King Brahmadatta!

They rode in circles many times then, rallying the scores and scores of deva battalions behind them to invade and conquer the city and 16,000 cities of Puriyaya and those beyond them and vanquish them with their might and power!!! They were going to give their allegiance to King Brahmadatta even, for the sake of conquering if they must! They had no Holier effort, only God’s might and will.

They then forced their triumph against the city in harsh battles, and then the allegiance of peace between the thousands of cities was broken. All out war was declared upon the rogue devas, mistaken as groups of roguish men from rival cities. It was a very confusing time period. King Brahmadatta’s and King Bimbisara’s allegiance with the people in so many other cities was not strong at that time. Knowing that the arrival of hosts of devas seeking to usurp them was imminent, they prepared to deal with these calamities by warding off war like oppressors in the cities, as there oft were, an unpopular idea at that time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2: The Great Feasts of Animals!

Sometimes the rogue devas, not disciples of the Supreme Buddhas, but disciples of Cronus, their divine qualities revealed, would approach carrying a feast to the city gates, and they would be led in fearfully, by city-folk and guard. All mayhem would break lose as they released their celestial powers of glory and triumph. Animals would screech wildly and go about untethered and people would run a mock for minutes, hours, days, even weeks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3: The Gambling Debates and Flying Devas

Sometimes a verbal challenge with a mayor, or councilman was in order outside the city, in the countryside on bright sunny day. After the discussion was finished, usually the devas in triumph, or before it even began, sometimes immediate conversion would take place. In other cases, a vast flood of water or rapid fire would run through the city in seconds and minutes indicating the arrival of the devas, so huge and immense, usually just washing or pushing people into the air, but not hurting them.

In this sort of matter, lots of people then succumbed to despair, and entire cities surrendered to the invading forces, which oft trampled over cities as if they were grass and mud at that point, several times, in a matter of seconds, scaring the uninjured inhabitants. Residents would at first thing a very bad storm was in order suddenly looming right over the city, but they would see the crystalline figures of devas floating out of the dark clouds overhead and into the air near the upper floors of building in the streets, whooshing about, or moving slowly, not unlike spirits, but much more different looking than them. These rough devas would gather a truce at the city hall, call meetings, giving information about who they were and what had taken place and then dismiss the prostrate crowds, full of loathing inside at the punishments and tortures they would mete out to find informants, even their own.

In other cases in other cities, a city youth, or adult citizen, usually a male, a disguised deva, would develop an unusually very loud voice and one day and challenge someone in a higher position with a shout, or exhibit extraordinary courage or bravery. Notifying the city authority in that sort of indirect manner, and usually holding the position of city bell ringer, he would transform into the deva in the morning one day. He then would hole himself up in the spire, or at the top of the bell tower up there for days, or weeks even, calling for the faithful using divine sounds, and other devas to join his cause and rally to his city.

No one would arrest him, because they either mysteriously thought the tower had been abandoned for a long time, or even if they saw a deva up there, why would they arrest or harass a deva? And he would give the impression also that he stayed up there, and he never left, for any reason. He would only come down, even if it took several years, if he had been accepted as leader of the city, with a large group of supporters.

 

 

 

Chapter 4: The Glory of the Devas amidst a Futuristic Puriyaya

And many tortures took place in the cities afterwards, as the final hundreds and thousands of cities finally began putting up a strong resistance. Some of the ordinary kind, and others inventions developed by these groups of devas, which quickly began masquerading as Supreme Gods. With their special attire handspun by celestial nymphs and vastly accumulated creative, divine and evil powers intact, in the depths of the cities, outside of a gritty dirty apartment building or only partially built celestial palace, they then met the euphoric crowds that greeted them enthusiastically. The people of those conquered cities felt saved from oppression and poverty at that time.

But the other cities that began putting up a strong resistance, formed an enormous independent army that was protected by religious incantations. In order to protect this army, they usually prayed to Brahma, or some other divine being, such as someone who embodied motherliness and compassion, or even Brahma’s wife, should he have had one. And this was the start of yet another vision, or prophecy of the future in this story of Puriyaya, and one that will end this story!

Before I go on describing the defeat of the remaining city states, and what ensued afterwards, I’ll be briefly describe that the prophecy and it’s relation to actual events. It was that at the end of the post-apocalyptic world there would arise a maiden of extraordinary might and power, who would lead the remainder of mankind to salvation. Then among the devas of Brahma’s host, one of the most unusual among them, a feminine goddess, decided then and there immediately that she wanted to betray Brahma, fulfill her fantasy, and be such a maiden! In order to do so she planned she would eventually join Cronus’s cult as late as after his death, and start procuring river clays from the Ganges, lots of it!

        Though the liberation army was powerful, it could withstand the forces of Brahma against them, for vicious actions they undertook against devas. Devas out of compassion or comedy would offer themselves in defeat to humans who would maliciously torture them, or mistreat them. The humans, controlled by a cruel opposition movement within the military, started to impose rules with contact with divine beings.

Contact with human sacrifices was prohibited. Contact with the sons of cult leaders was prohibited, at least until they had become of age. Aside from religious figures, devas had to present themselves as aliens. Also divine beings could not reveal their presence to children, aside from girls of high castes and their parents, they could only reveal their presence to age of majority or minority rule adults who had entered into past young parenthood, or adults over age 25, or 30, 35, 45, 50, 55, 60, or older.

This was so that they would appear as negative figures. They would then treat them in a callous fashion if they were aliens, and press, abuse, revile, and insult, malicious treatment. They would even imprison them in cyber ware, if that were possible, and use them to attack less privileged citizens on the basis of cruelly enforcing piety.

They pressed derisive humor, using policies such as hire for gain or charity, to make a subtle images and icons of religious figures put forward mean concepts such as contempt, cruelty, spiritual theft, mass spiritual theft, loathing of husband, God sleep with wife, hatred, anger, and Son challenge the Father, upon advanced religious practitioners especially who were considered a problem for their communities because of rivalry, jealousy, finances, and tensions with leadership. An era was emerging in some places along the Ganges, wear atheists & non-believers in religious doctrines were considered first class citizens. Those who spurned the faith more, received reward for their actions.

While these problems may have happened to solitary individuals, people after a certain age, or in remote areas, there were concepts to confuse people about the nature of this phenomenon, such as class systems, nuclear technology, radioactivity, rapid economy, war immigration and zoning laws.

Ultimately hate groups gained access to advances in bio information technology systems to protect their expression as a means of thwarting terrorism. It is fair consideration that such members of hate groups were bad, and guilty of multiple felonies such as conspiracy, hate crimes, attempting to incite terrorism on domestic soil, and could face severe fines and long term imprisonments. Hate groups were oft considered to be an unprotected faction in democracies. They had to legally give up their civil rights and be considered unlawful militants. Malicious hate crimes carried out against Brahmins could lead to protective legal measures taken against the perpetrator(s) such as castration or removal of the uterus.

In return victims of hateful expression were given enormous legal settlements by the King’s Court, or Department of Justice. With a rapid social mobility economy they allowed the opportunity to become venture capitalists making capital investments at a young age through CeleCom, a subsidiary of Viacom and example of an advanced biotechnological communication system that could be used for holy practices by Brahmanas, personal social security, commerce, emergency communications, and important commodities.

As a result of this, the Ganges widened and deepened so much that it was considered a small ocean that took days to cross. This discourse of events is repeating itself now in the modern era, with some significant differences. It’s a long period of time, based upon lack of military activity against divine beings. No less, punitive actions against the pious were recorded, and duly noted by devas, who prepared to finish the invasion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5: The Fate Of the Three Great Friends Raghu, Losa and Tansa

The devas eventually finished the invasion with an ugly war with King Brahmadatta who was eventually executed in his decrepit old age. At the city once called Benares where he had reigned, renamed by the Devas Moga Dishu, capital of Puriyaya, and later when Cronus by then called Confucius, because his much changed and emaciated and thinned figure, known as Brahmadatta, or Brahma Vihara, or Brahma’s Vihara in contempt of Him, Brahma and those who respected Him, the devas Raghu, Tansa and Losa were ceremonially hanged as traitors of the people, and then forced to live as lepers in order to pacify the anger of the citizens of Puriyaya.



© 2015 Sawan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on February 17, 2015
Last Updated on February 17, 2015