Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Kloverfield

I was nudged awake by Aribella the next morning, and she assisted me with preparing to meet with this prince.  Quinna had told me I was to meet with royalty, and so I was dressed in the finest that they had supplied.  Quinna collected me and guided me to the warm sitting room where the prince was already waiting.

When I entered the comfortable sitting room, which was friendly and welcoming, a man looked up from his chair facing the door.  

A flash of recognition hit me.  This blonde man was so familiar.  His dark blue eyes told me that he knew me, too, and the grin that brightened his face confirmed it.  

Quinna bowed her head.  "Prince, this is the imaginary found in the Darkness.  She does not remember her name or much else."

The man stood and strode to me.  He studied me, and I looked up at him, trying to remember where I knew him from.  His hair was long for a boy, framing his face in a halo of curls, and his dark blue eyes glistened.  Without warning, he caught me up into his arms and hugged me tightly.  I did not struggle, because this felt familiar, and any familiarity now was welcome.  

"Quinna, this is the child.  This is Aemy."  He chuckled.  "I have been looking for you, my dear."  He hugged me tighter.  His embrace felt familiar.  His voice sounded familiar.  It was all so calming and comforting.  

I snuggled into this man's arms.  "I'm sorry, but who are you?" I finally asked him.  

He chuckled and hugged me even tighter.  "Zerann.  I am your brother.  I have been looking for you.  You are very important."

The name brought so much comfort to me, and I wrapped my arms tight around him.  "I wish I remembered," I said quietly, only wanting to feel the familiarity and comfort that this man, my brother brought me.

"I wish you did too," he cooed to me.  "You are special to me, and there are important things that have been prophesied about you."  He moved, and I could tell he was looking at Quinna.  "Gather her things, please Quinna.  I want to take her home."

"She has nothing, Prince.  Only dirty clothes we found her in, and she had nothing else on her person."  Quinna was incredibly reverent.  Was it because this was royalty?

Zerann let me go and stood.  "Then I will take her home.  Thank you so much for taking care of my little sister."

Quinna nodded and smiled to me.  "You've found your home, little one.  I hope your memory comes back to you fully."

I smiled at Quinna.  "Thank you.  I was nice to meet you.  Thank you for everything."

Quinna nodded.  "Of course."

Zerann nodded to Quinna, then he offered his hand to me.  "Ready to go, Dear Sister?"

I took it with a smile, and he gave it a squeeze.  We walked out of Quinna's grand house, hand in hand, and I felt everything was truly going to be alright.  My brother was by my side, and he would ensure that all should go well.  

As we walked out of the Fae Forest of Chen, there was a mutual silence, not unpleasant or uncomfortable, but as a silence of siblings perfectly content at the moment that the sunshine could disappear and not ruin their mood.

I looked up at sky, expecting to see a sun.  Instead, I only saw bland color.  I frowned.  

There was no light source.



End of Part 1



© 2011 Kloverfield


Author's Note

Kloverfield
I'm working on Part 2 which I plan to have several plot twists. I don't want to jump off the deep end before I know that this first part is alright and does not need any extreme editing. All constructive criticism is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on October 18, 2011
Last Updated on October 18, 2011


Author

Kloverfield
Kloverfield

ID



About
I am an avid dreamer, and the only thing between me and putting my dreams down on paper is having the time to write. I am dearly devoted to family, and most of my stories are about friendships. I am.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Kloverfield