Identity

Identity

A Poem by sayandeep kundu
"

Same old self- angst..

"
Diving deep into an ocean of tormented turbulence,
Swimming past the waves of ferocity,
A lonely mind finds the joy underneath.
The call of pride fills a conscience of constant conflicts,
And an indrawn breath relives the insanity.

The vanity of intellect still snarls at a mind,
The mind gasps and tries to find-
words that echo the ecstasy of waves..
And the waves recede the shore of sanity...

© 2010 sayandeep kundu


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"The vanity of intellect "...I like that a lot. "Vanity of vanities, all is vanity." Shelley had us looking at Ozymandias trying to show us how small we were but the Hubble space telescope has made that pretty obvious I would think. My friend said, "If there is a "God", we are like like dustmites on a small piece of worn furniture; pretty insignificant." I replied with, Well, how do you know? God might be a chicken and the universe is just an egg that hatched...in which case, there will be other eggs; at which we both burst out laughing. It's a big selfish world full of little selfish people who like to think they are big. Humility is a good thing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked this, it may be among your best that I have read. the vanity of intellect is a powerful line with powerful implications, and much the problem with people regardless of time or place. Nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really liked the "vanity of intellect" as sated by many others. Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I do like the "vanity of intellect". Very clever. I love this poem especially, because there's such a contrast in it, within lines. First you talk about turbulence, and the coming of a internal storm, but then you describe a joy found underneath it all.
Very well constructed. I can tell this poem was thought out and not just scribbled out.

Posted 13 Years Ago


you imagery as always is wonderfully brilliant, and your cohesion in this piece is one of your best...I dont get a lot of angst...more self reflection, but I truly enjoyed this piece...your verbosity is one of your quirky talents that make me smile

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very poingant indeed. Flows very well. Thanks for sharing this.
Light,
SiddARTha


Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice use of the ocean and the struggle of mind and soul. "And an indrawn breath relives the insanity." Real poignant line here. I like the incomplete feeling...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is an ambiguity and ambivalence riding together in the metaphorical waters of this poem. The first stanza is a tangle of complex imagery and wording, perhaps just within the grasp of the reader's comprehension - but then I think that the spiritual feelings and thought processes that it is describing are contradictory and abstract in any case.
However, the second stanza rather compensates for the heaviness of the first. This time the meaning is clear; artfully, concisely and enigmatically stated, and with a hint of irony. Overall, the reflective feeling of a maelstrom of the mind and soul is effectively put across, but I think it would have come across with even more power if the piece had only consisted of the last stanza alone. This stanza is excellent, and conveys itself with intensity.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this a lot although I wouldn't say there's a huge amount of angst here, maybe more self reflection... The water theme works really well with these images of what's going on in the narrators mind and I particularly like the line, "and an indrawn breath relives the insanity" as we're often told to take a deep breath to calm us but here it's doing quite the opposite. There's a real haunting element to the last stanza as well with the analogy of words and waves. Great stuff!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is an incompleteness to this that I LOVE!
No more needed, all said, hard hitting, very cool!
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You share a rich ocean of feeling and thought, painted with the deepest hues... Powefully gripping and moving...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 11, 2010
Last Updated on June 11, 2010

Author

sayandeep kundu
sayandeep kundu

Kolkata, West Bengal, India



About
I'm a student..more specifically an engineering student..but beyond something akin to a social compulsion owing to which i had to resort to engineering machinery in stead of engineering my own mind i'.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..