The Prophesied One

The Prophesied One

A Chapter by Steven Schroeck

Chapter 4

The Prophesied One

 

            Fred felt like he was in a dream. Everything was happening so quickly, and things were about to get even more unpredictable.

            Once Nas had finished speaking, the floorboards creaked behind him, making the sound of a trap door opening. He turned to face the noise, not expecting to see what he actually saw. Rising from a hole in the floor was a large gold box, studded with diamonds and emanating such a gleam that it blinded Fred for a brief moment. He looked away, and then looked back in time to see the box sitting atop a wooden stand. Nas walked toward the box with his face to the ground, avoiding eye contact with the box. He reached the box, mumbled a strange chant in what sound like his native Anerian tongue, and then stepped away, watching the box open up. It split into four parts, each side being a separate part. And inside was something Fred did not expect to see.

            It was a book. And it was very large.

            Nas walked back up to the book and picked it up this time. It was also gold, with silver pages, and still looking like it was brand new. He walked back to his standing position next to Fred, held the book above his head and said, “Anerians, the time has come to read the prophecy of old. The time has come to see if Fred is the one who we have been searching and waiting for years for. It is time to see, once and for all, if our generation will finally have a leader!”

            Nas walked over to a pulpit that was situated at the front right corner of the stage area. He placed the book down and opened it. He ran his finger down one of its pages, apparently looking for the right spot. He found it, flipped to that page, and Fred listened while he heard Nas read the prophecy about him.

            “This is the prophecy foretold by the great prophet Jurorxedo, the old leader of the first generation of Anerians. He says: There shall be one that will come before you in the midst of darkness. He shall be a light at the end of the tunnel for all Anerians. He will come from another world full of other beings, one which is far away. He shall lead you against your enemies. He shall be king of the Anerians. He is the one that shall bring Anera out of the Dark Age, and into the New Age.”

            When Nas finished, he closed the book, looked out at the crowd, and said, “Anerians, I give you Fweresedodok, new king of the Anerians!



© 2014 Steven Schroeck


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 29, 2014


Author

Steven Schroeck
Steven Schroeck

Cincinnati, OH



About
I am a junior in high school an an aspiring author. I'm currently in the process of writing my first novel. more..

Writing