Chapter 3 During the dance

Chapter 3 During the dance

A Chapter by Andra Quintana
"

Love is now in the air... Or is it really?

"

  It is the beginning of the dance.  Kayda was nervous. She hasn't talked to Asahi ever since he asked her. She didn't know if she was even wearing the same color as him. “Kayda! Hey, calm down!” Kayda has felt her friend shaking her, “Geez what do you have cotton for brains. Your knuckles are white and this is the third time you almost have fallen.” Kayda has snapped back to reality. She shook her head, “I-I’m sorry. I haven’t been able to think right after Asahi asked me…” Kayda had mumbled looking at her hands. She noticed that her knuckles were paper white. Kayda has covered them trying to ignore them. She hands in her ticket since she and Asahi were going to meet each other inside at a table.

    As she had entered the dance Kayda had her friend Dakota be the third wheel. Kayda noticed that Asahi had one of his friends Tomomi being the third wheel as well. Sitting down at a table by the door. Kayda and Asahi were on the opposite side of the table with their friends right next to each other.“This is crazy, he is not saying a word. Well heh. Neither am I, but I have my reasons of why I’m not. I-it’s because I am scared of WHAT I am going to say. Like what DO I say in a time like this? S-Sempai noticed me and we are on a d-date together.” Kayda thought while she was twidling her thumbs together. She had noticed her knuckles were as pale as a ghost. Kayda kinda guessed that is was due to the situation that she was in. Kayda felt her blood rushing to her cheeks. Kayda immediately grabbed Dakota’s hand and dragged her to the lady’s restroom hiding her blush. That is where she knew that Asahi couldn’t see her. When Kayda was fighting her feelings Dakota had noticed that Asahi was with Tomomi waiting in front of the girl's restroom and told Kayda causing Kayda’s cheeks burning bright red knowing that he cared for her enough to wait. “Ugh! What am I even doing this is too awkward. I-I got him w-why can’t we just talk to each other like we use to!” Kayda had screamed slamming her head into the one of a bathroom’s stall leaving a purple mark on her forehead. One of Kayda’s so-called “friends” walked into the restrooms in a group her name is Onicama. Due to the word in Kayda’s school traveling fast to where the entire school knowing that Kayda and Asahi were going to the dance together. Kayda knew that Onicama was going to have a nasty comment just to get under Kayda’s skin. Onicama smiled and uttered evil, “Hey girls wasn’t that Asahi outside the door? Why did he even come he is really ugly and Kayda just has to do better than him. I mean that Tomomi is much hotter than Asahi. Why wouldn’t Kayada just go after him instead.”  Hearing this Kayda filled with rage. She has clenched her fist up until her nails got dug into her palms. Without saying another world Kayda stormed out of the restroom. While she was walking Kayda started mumbling angrily,   “You stupid girl. When was the last time that she ever liked a guy? That stupid girl wouldn’t know cute it went to her doorstep and said’ Hi I am cute’. Ugh! She is so lucky that Dakota was there or else Onicama would never see the light of day!” While being stuck in her thoughts Kayda joined Asahi and Tomomi. “H-hey Kayda are you okay? You just stormed right out there, plus you and Dakota were in there for the longest time. Then suddenly you guys randomly rushed right out of there.” Asahi spoke in a worriedly. “It’s perfectly fine I just need to keep to my thoughts. Lov-er I mean Asahi can we not talk for a bit.” Kayda had looked us and just sees Asahi was red as a tomato nodding slowly.

   It was now near the end of the dance Kayda had walked with Asahi outside of the dance. Kayda stuttered to Asahi looking to the ground“Hey Asahi can I um talk to you? Let me ask you something. Wasn't this dance like kinda-” “Awkward? Heh…” he chuckled slightly. “Look I think that we should stay friends for now. Okay?” Kayda had said and run away outside. “If I told him the true reason then it would be too awkward or even he would just run. Then my mother would be disappointed.”

  For the rest of the school year, the only thing that they said to each other was “hey” and “sup”. Even then Every time Kayda saw Asahi she blushed then ran off to make sure that Asahi wouldn’t see, Even now she still runs away from him. Kayda only stared at Asahi from a distance.  All Kayda can do to have her feelings hidden.





© 2019 Andra Quintana


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on January 13, 2019
Last Updated on January 13, 2019