Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by ScottWinchester

There was a time when my legal name was Nicolle Darling and I was nothing like I am today. Those were the days of grief... my brother Adam had died and I endured our hateful parents all by myself. Those were the days of loneliness, when I suffered through my awkward phases of high school, before I knew anything about the others. Those were the days of weakness as well, before I became, most probably, the deadliest woman on the planet.

Perhaps the most succinct way to describe things back then: it was before the Chess Club.

Because after that, in all the years that followed, and after all the things I witnessed and did, life was something different entirely.



© 2013 ScottWinchester


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the suspense you leave with your really tidy prologue Scott. It gives just enough to leave the reader enticed. I will definitely find some time to dive in - thanks for sharing your work

Posted 8 Years Ago


ScottWinchester

8 Years Ago

No, thank you :) for the kinds words and compliments.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
I think I will like this (when I have more spare time to read). It's already written in an entertaining manner. I thought about writing a novel for such a long time and there are so many ideas in my mind but somehow I can't start. It's great that you put so much effort in writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


ScottWinchester

8 Years Ago

Thank you for giving me shot :) and thank you kindly for the compliments.

This is my.. read more
V

8 Years Ago

Ok, thx for the offer :)
Such a fine wiggly worm on the hook! You've said what needs to be said - now for a chapter or few. .

Posted 8 Years Ago


ScottWinchester

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much for saying so :) Please, let me know what you think when you've tested a chapter.. read more
So masterfully done. The form is interesting and challenging and the content is endearing. Thank you for explaining the form so clearly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


ScottWinchester

9 Years Ago

Enormously kind of you to say, thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1130 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 15, 2013


Author

ScottWinchester
ScottWinchester

Cullman, AL



About
This is the official page for Scott Winchester's THE CHESS CLUB. Nicolle Darling knows all about unhappy living. Friendless, broke, and abused, she spends her time reminiscing about the days when h.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..