Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Alexis-Morgan

Chapter 6- The Big Break-Up & The Best Friend Make Up

Brooke looked back at the car and Austin was mouthing,"Please don't do this to him." Brooke turned around and let it out. "I think we should break-up." Joe sighed and said,"Why? Just yesterday we said we were in love forever." Brooke blinked back tears. "We did. We only came together because our superpowers brought us together." Brooke said steadying her voice. "Thats the only effing reason you said you loved me? That's stupid Brooke. You and I both know that superpowers is not what brought us together. You like Austin and you know it! You still love me and you damn well know that too. You just can't keep a boyfriend for this long! Your scared Im going to leave you and you'll be heartbroken again. Brooke, I know you and I love you. I would never leave you. Your just like a frog. You jump from guy to guy to guy. You need to be with one guy. If Austin is gonna make you happy, go be with him! Don't expect me to care. Your breaking my heart right now. Are you sure this is what you want?"Joe said breathing heavily. Brooke took a step back for fear of being hurt before Brooke said, " I don't know Joe. I dont know anything anymore. Im confused. Your right. About everything you just said. Bingo! You hit the jackpot. Great for you. You know me. I dont know me. And I don't know what I want." "Brooke....you know you know what you want. And Im not gonna stop you from walking out on me if its with him!" Joe said pointing at Austin. Feeling guilty by him being a heartthrob, Austin layed down on the seat. He could hear them fighting, and yelling in a bitter break-up. He couldn't seem to register what Brooke saw in him. I mean of course he had good looks, smartness. But Joe had so much more. Of course, he felt something for Brooke. He felt a surge of shock when they brushed against each other accidentaly. He felt her piercing blue eyes when she talked to him. She got his adrenaline flowing and his heart beating. To him, she was like an energy drink. She made you feel awake, alive, and unstoppable. She reminded him of when he was little and would read cartoon books about Superman and Kryptonite. Thats excatly what she was. Kryptonite. Hearing them fight was unbearable. He didn't want to cause this. He put his head to his knees and prayed everything would fix itself.

Back outside, Joe and Brooke were still at the whole breakup. "God d****t Brooke. Your making this diffucult! Do you want to break-up or not? Joe said tired of fighting for her. Brooke let a tear fall and whispered, "Yes.Yes I do." She walked back to the car and got in. Joe was left crushed and speechless. He saw Austin hugging Brooke. He walked to the car and said," Beach trip should be tons of fun" Brooke sighed, "Just drive." Joe muttered something but it was way too low for Brooke to hear. Brooke grabbed a blanket and layed her head on Joe's shoulder and closes her eyes. "Her nerve. She just broke up with me and she has the nerve to do this." Joe said. As soon as the words were out of his mouth, he regretted them because Brooke got up and climbed to the backseat. Then she layed her on Austin's shoulder and said, "All better Joe?" Joe gritted his teeth and turned around. They are bound to go out sometime soon. If not already. Joe thought. He saw Austin run his fingers through her hair. The image made him sick. That was his girl, not Austin's. He wanted to cuss out Austin and scream at Brooke but instead he focused on getting to Nags Head as soon as possible.

 

Soon enough, they pulled up to the hotel. "Brooke, wake-up." Austin said shaking her. Brooke's eyes fluttered open and she smiled when she saw Austin. Brooke let her fingers entangle with Austin's. "I'm tired. Lets worry about unpacking tommorow. Lets sleep now."Brooke said half-awake. They walked up and checked into there rooms. They got to the elevator doors and Austin leaned over and whispered,"Wanna take the stairs?" in Brooke's ear. Brooke nodded and they told Joe they were taking the stairs. Austin and Brooke walked off leaving Joe furious.

"So, you and Joe are over." Austin said. "I don't want to talk about that. I want to talk about us." Brooke said looking into Austin's eyes. "So now we are an us?"Austin asked feeling a little guilty. "Well, of course. You and I both know that silly." Brooke said smiling. " "Well then..." And at that time, Austin kissed Brooke and said, "Wanna go out and officialy make us an us?" Brooke nodded as she grinned. Brooke inhaled his scent and immediately thought of Joe. Why did she already miss him?!?!?!

Joe stepped out of the elevator and walked down to room 106. He was so exhausted. There was 3 beds, and since no-one else was here, he claimed the biggest one. He was heartbroken and the only medicene he needed was Brooke. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.



© 2008 Alexis-Morgan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on September 10, 2008


Author

Alexis-Morgan
Alexis-Morgan

Looks like I just stole,, Yemen



About
I love to write, and its my life. I write stories, song lyrics, and poems. If it is co-written I give credit. I like meeting other inspiring authors. Mostly, I just love to write.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alexis-Morgan