Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Alexis-Morgan

Chapter 8- Missing people and Doing the impossible.

 

Back in New york, Devin woke up with a headache. Why didn't anyone wake him? They had to leave for beach-week. Devin thought. He walked up to Austin and Joe's room, and found that their beds were made and they weren't there. He called Dr.Machelo and to Devin's surprise he picked up. "DEVIN. WHY ARE YOU NOT HERE? IT IS BEACH WEEK AND YOU HAVE TO STANDARDS TO BE DOWN HERE TO CONTROL YOUR ELEMENT. DEVIN GET DOWN HERE!!!" Dr.Machelo's voice screamed. "Dr.Machelo, I would be down there but your nice other 3 experiments left me here. They forgot to wake me. Ill be down in the middle of the day. You'll have to put off the controlling elements projects for a few hours. I'll be down there as soon as possible. I promise." Devin said hanging up before Dr.Machelo could scream at him again. He couldn't believe they forgot him, and didn't even notice! He had every right to be furious but to be quite honest he wasn't mad at all. Mistakes like this happened all the time. At that time, his phone buzzed. He answered it. "oh my god Devin. Im so sorry. I didnt even see that we left without you. Your normally a quiet person, so I thought we had you. And I've been so busy down here that I forgot about you. Oh my.. I'm so sorry. Take the subway and come down here. I owe you one. I cannot believe I forgot you in New York city." Joe's voice said with a worry. Devin didn't feel like listening to that either so he hung up on him. He gathered some clothes and put them in a suitecase. He took his cell and made his way to the subway. 4 hours later, the train pulled up in Nags Head. He called a cab and was taken to the hotel. He walked up in the lobby and asked what room he was staying in. He found he was staying in room 106 so he walked up 4 levels. He slid the key into the door and walked in. Brooke rushed over to him and hugged him. "I'm so glad you made it! Those idiots over there didn't even notice you were gone. Well neither did I. But im so glad you made it safely."

Austin came over and gave him a simple high-five. Joe came over too and told him it was his fault and how sorry he was. Devin told them it was fine and he didn't care. He still had a bad headache and was wondering why he even came. He was always left out of stuff, and forgotten. It was no surprise to him. He didn't even want to learn to control his stupid element. Devin turned around and walked straight into Dr.Machelo. "Oh, Devin. Its just you. I'm so glad you got here so quickly. I was gonna get worried. I can't believe they forgot you. Its just so horrible!" Dr.Machelo said grinning. Devin knew he wasn't worried, just happy that he had all 4 of his experiments. "Everyone gather around, I have details for all of you guys." Devin heard Dr.Machelo say. They all walked up him and Devin noticed Brooke's hand in Austin's. He cocked his head to the side and gave Brooke a look. She mouthed later and he turned his attention to Dr.Machelo.

"Since the 3 of you forgot Devin, you have an extra night. Great for you. That also mean you will be working alot harder within the next week. You will all meet me at the beach at 7 A.M sharp tommorow morning. I want no-one late. Ive heard of some drama already. push it aside, this trip is not for you guys enjoyment. Well it is, but its your duty to commit to the expermient first! You guys will all be on the beach. All of you. We have a section ropped off for just you guys. We don't need a crowd, we need your attention. so get some sleep. Goodnight." Dr.Machelo said sounding strict for the first time ever. Everyone watched Dr.Machelo walk away mutterting to himself. Devin broke the ice by letting out a giggle. "Uhm, Brooke, could I talk to you?" Devin said. Brooke nodded and walked with him. She knew excatly what was this about. "Brooke, what happened to joe? And don't tell me you changed your mind about loving him. I know you do. You can't hide it. I'm surprised Austin can't tell that yet. You and Joe are made for each other. What are you doing with Austin?" Brooke sighed angrily and whispered, "Devin, I do not need this. Figure all that out by yourself. I'm done with that same response from everyone." She walked back to Austin and told him she was tired. AUstin, being pratically a dog to her, followed her right up to their room. About 1 hour later, everyone was in the room and the fight over bed began. "I'll take the couch. Devin, you can have my bed." Brooke said. Devin retorted with, "I am not letting you sleep on the couch! I am fine with sleeping there. It is not a big deal." Brooke snorted and took a blanket and laying down on the couch, leaving Devin no choice but to take the bed. Soon everyone was asleep and they were all dreaming about the days to come.

The next morning the alarm woke up everyone bright and early. AUstin moaned as Joe shook him awake. Devin shook Brooke awake and she went straight to the bathroom. She wasn't used to waking up to guys. When she woke up, was when she looked the worst. Around 6:40, they all headed for the beach. Brooke was on one end of the line, and Joe on the other. Clearly, they weren't speaking and didn't plan to. Brooke held her head up, and reciteted that quote she used to hear from her mom. Hold your head up goregous, people would kill to see you fall. Her mom used to tell her this everytime she got down or sad. It always gave her hope. But nowadays, it was getting harder. She missed Joe and she couldn't deny it much longer. She gripped onto Austin's hand and stepped onto the beach. she heard the sound of crashing waves and it soothed her mind.

"Good morning! Bright and early yeah? Okay, Brooke go stand at the edge of the waves. We are forming a circle. Austin, go stand at the pile of wood. Devin, you can stand on the side of Brooke or behind her. Whichever way the wind is facing. Joe, whichever spot he does not stand in, you stand there. You are standing in your element. Sand, earth, ground, and whatnot." Dr.Machelo said with no interupptions. In the end, it looked like a circle. Austin standing next to Brooke. Besides Brooke was Joe. And by Joe there was Devin. Dr.Machelo's voice sounded so far away as they got closer to controlling their elements. "your first task is to connect with your element. I want you to all praise your elements. Use your mind and speak to them. Tell them everything good about them. Take turns as you do this. Austin go first."

 

AUstin looked at the wood and said, "I will create you but I will not destroy you. You have red flames which resemble the sun. You give warmth and give this world fire." Brooke looked at the waves, and started to speak, "You are beautiful. You drown people in you so they forgot their problems. You act as second homes. YOu mean no harm, and I will control you. But in the end, you will control me. We will control each other. I mean no harm, and will praise you till the end." Joe focused on the ground and thought Whats so special about sand? "You are the land we walk on in the summer time. without you, this place wouldn't exist. We thank you for being here, and like everything else, I mean no harm. I will create you and move you. And like Brooke, I will praise you till the end." joe said not knowing what else to say to the sand. Devin looked at the sky and shouted," You are the reason we live. You have emotions and I respect them. I come to reason with you and be part of your knowledge. I can make your sky better and with that you can be the best. I shall praise you."

"wow. you all seem at peace now. Okay, next you all need to take each others hand. And concentrate on your element. On the count of 3, I want Joe to step forward and say 'I will create but not destroy.' And then think of something that is bothering you, find the earth and use what is bothering you to concencrtrate and move the earth toward the waves." Dr.Machelo said. They all took hands and stayed dead silent. Dr.Machelo's voice drowned out as Joe heard him say, " 1....2...3!" Joe concentrated on his feelings toward Brooke and let his mind found the earth. He couldn't find the earth but tried moving it anyways. He was unsuccesfull and opened his eyes and said, "I couldn't find the earth." Dr.Machelo sighed and said, "Then you were concentrating on a problem that took all your attention. It wouldn't let the wind in. You need to really concentrate. Let the earth come into your mind. Let if find you instead. Don't make it go away." Joe nodded and turned back to the sand. He closed his eyes and thought about Brooke again, and he could feel something creep towards to him. It was like he was asleep and in a dream. He dropped Brooke and Devin's hand and walked to it. "Are you the earth?" Nothing spoke back, but he knew he had been succesfull in finding it. He reached out and felt something against his fingers. He swayed his finger to the water. He didn't feel anything and said the words. "I will create but not destroy." He felt everything leave his body and opened his eyes. He was still holding hands with everyone, and everyone was looking at him. "I felt it! It came to me! Did i do anything?" Everyone stood there with their mouths open as they all gasped when they looked past Joe. Joe turned around and saw what they were gasping at. He had just done the impossible.



© 2008 Alexis-Morgan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on September 10, 2008


Author

Alexis-Morgan
Alexis-Morgan

Looks like I just stole,, Yemen



About
I love to write, and its my life. I write stories, song lyrics, and poems. If it is co-written I give credit. I like meeting other inspiring authors. Mostly, I just love to write.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alexis-Morgan