chapter 9

chapter 9

A Chapter by Alexis-Morgan

Chapter 9 - Back where it all started

 

Joe looked at the sand and gasped. There was piles and piles of sand. He couldn't believe what he had done. He hadn't controlled the element, he made it. He created it. "Was that supposed to happen?" Joe asked in shock. He didn't know if this was good or not. But he was aware that he had just done the impossible by the look on his friends' faces. He turned around to hear Dr.Machelo's answer. "Well, it's not what we came here to do but that is shocking. Even I didn't think that could happen. I didn't know you could create elements with superpowers. I thought you could only control them. That's very strange. But very well done Joe. You may step back. Now Devin, you try. Find the wind, and make it feel at home. Try to control it. Don't try to create it. You need to try to control it. Let it control you too." Dr.Machelo said still stunned by Joe's results.

Devin set his mind forward and thought about his problem. He was always being left behind and never felt imporant. He tried to find the wind and felt shivers. He had found it. He spoke the magic words,"I will create but not destroy." He felt the wind speak his name over and over again and felt it creep forward. He was afraid but did not step back in fear. He faced his fears and let it enter. Devin felt it whirl around him like a cat, he was getting his scent. The wind was making sure Devin didn't mean any harm. He stayed completely still and started to get worried when he started to whirl with it. He landed on his butt and his eyes shot open. Dr.Machelo and his friends were on their bottoms as well. "What did I do?" Devin asked. "Well, you knocked the wind out of us. Haha, wind. Get it?" Dr.Machelo said. They all looked at him and he looked down. "He's right, you made it a whole lot windier. You created it, just like me. I think that's all we can do. We can only create our elements." Joe said looking still. "Well, we might be only able to do that. But we will still try. And hopefully succeed. Tommorow, meet here again. And we will work with Austin and Brooke. Then try you two again. It's around 3 now so go get lunch or whatever you want to do. Have a nice day. I'll be out with Brooke's mom if you need me." Dr.Machelo said with a smile.

 

They all looked at each other and wondered the same thing. "I think someone has a crush on Brooke's mom." Devin said breaking the silence. Brooke's mouth fell open and she said,"Guys! No way. He is not interested in my mom. Don't even think like that!" They all laughed as she stood their in disbelief that they would even think a thought like that. Brooke stood up and walked off. Austin scurried after her, and that made the others laugh. Everyone but Joe. Devin walked off with Austin and Brooke. Joe sat down and told himself to stay away from everyone. He didn't need anyone in this world. He only needed himself. He would survive. He saw a few girls walk up on the beach, and thought they were pretty Cute. But he loved Brooke and no girl could top her. He was single forever.

 

Back at the hotel, Brooke walked up to the hotel and climbed onto the couch. she was beyond exhausted and wanted to sleep. She was emotionally not capable to go out today. It was a dvd-and-sweats kinda day. Austin walked in and leaned down and said,"you okay if I go out with Devin?" Brooke nodded and fell asleep. She was wasting the day away.

 

The next morning they got up and headed straight for the beach. Dr.Machelo was there already and Brooke smiled. This was her day to shine and she was so excited to finally get to control her element. They immediately got into their circle and went through the praising cycle. Dr.Machelo smiled and knew he had been teaching them very well. Brooke closed her eyes and started the process. She had to connect with water. She let go of Joe's and Austin's hands and stepped forward. she let her toes feel the sensatison of the cold water. "I will create, but not destroy." Brooke said connecting. she put the tip of her finger in the water and felt it splash on her body. She threw her hands forward and let her eyes flutter open. Waves were crashing against each other. "Brooke! Faboulous job! You controlled water! You've done it. you've proved my theory right! Oh Brooke, how can I thank you?" She heard Dr.Machelo say. Brooke smiled and said," Oh my god. That felt great! Wait, why did I control it when Joe and Devin created it?" Brooke was seriously confused with her results compared to theirs. "I'm not to sure about that part but It doesnt matter. You were great! Give her a hand guys!" Dr.Machelo said in return. They all clapped for Brooke and she bowed. She pointed at Austin and told him it was his turn.

 

Austin nodded and took his place. He could either make the entire sand set fire, or make the wood set fire. He could control it or create it. He closed his eyes and said," I will create but not destroy." He felt his body burn up but stayed still and bit his lip. He felt fire completely in him and he screamed. He opened up his eyes and nothing happened. Everything was the same. "It's okay Austin. Try again." Dr.Machelo said. Austin closed his eyes and tried again but nothing happened. He tried and tried and tried and got the same old results. He faced them and said the obvious,"I can't do either. Why is everyone getting different results?" They all shrugged and they ended that day's pratice.

 

The rest of the week was excatly the same. They tried over and over and over again and got the same results. Joe and Devin created the elements. Brooke controlled her element. Austin couldn't do anything. On the last night of their stay, Dr. Machelo called them out of their rooms for a few words. " It has been so nice to work with you guys. It is your choice if you would like to come out in the open with this, or go back to your lives. Austin, I'm sorry that you don't have an abilitiy to do either. I know your dissapointed. I will stay in contact with you guys. Let me know your descicion about going into the open with this. Goodnight."

 

They all woke up the next morning, and gathered everything and everyone into Joe's car. Austin laughed and said,"Devin, we got you right? you arent staying in Nags Head to wake up and see that we accidentaly left you are you?" Devin pushed Austin and smiled. The car ride home was silent beyond belief. It was awkard and Brooke found a relief when they pulled up in front of her house. "Bye guys. I'll call you later Austin." Brooke said kissing his cheek. She got out of the car and got her bags out of the trunk. She walked to the mailbox and noticed her mom wasn't home yet. She grabbed the mail and walked inside. she searched through the stack of bills and letters until she came to one that only said her adress and Brooke Marie Vandergo. She dropped her stuff and ripped it open and was sent into shock.

 

Dear Brooke,

I know your with him and I'm not mad at you for it. Or him. Im mad at myself and upset more than anything. I can't form words so I wrote you a poem. I hope it explains everything. I mailed you this when we were in Nags Head. This is what you caught me writing. So here's the poem.

 

I hear love songs and think my baby's gone

she was that special song. she was the air, the trees, boy she was everything.

Now shes gone, and I cant bring her back.

But can she see the sanity I lack?

Im broken into two, and i miss her piercing eyes, and contagious smile.

Her soft arms, and shiny hair. I miss her alot and even though

she's with a close friend

Just remember, I love her.

Brooke, i love you.

 

Thats it. I've never been one to write. It's rather suckish but I miss you and I do love you. Like I told you, I love you forever and ever.

 

Love,

Joe.

 

Brooke closed the letter and sighed. This was the man she loved writing to her. And what was she doing? She was with his foster brother. She then realized that Austin wasn't what she wanted. She wanted Joe and had known it all along deep inside. Shaking, she picked up her phone and dialed numbers. "I got your letter." She whispered and then hung up. She had never felt so alone before. Brooke hated feeling alone. And right now she hated joe for making her fall in love and Austin for being such a heartthrob. But she knew where her heart lied, and it wasn't with Austin. She screamed as her phone vibrated in her pocket. The caller id read AUSTIN. She picked up trying to sound okay. "Hey Brooke." Hearing his voice made it so much harder to break his heart. "Hey. Uh, before you talk or say anythig else I need to say something imporant. We can't be together. I love Joe and I can not lead you on. Im so sorry. I got a..."Brooke was cut off by his voice. " A letter. From Joe. I know. I figured you still loved him. It's okay. you and me wasn't such a good idea anyway. We wouldn't of lasted long. You're made for Joe. you two just click. I understand. Don't worry about me. I've been expecting this." Brooke sighed and then asked if Joe was there. "Uh, he's not here."Austin said. Brooke looked confused and said, "Well, where is he?" She heard,"I dont know." she took that moment and hung up. She thought about where he would be and an idea instantly clicked. She knew excatly where he'd be. she grabbed her cell phone and ran out the door almost knocking her mother over. "Hey mom, I'll be home later. Don't worry about me." Brooke said almost out of breath. She ran as fast as she could. She heard her feet thumping against the gray stairs. She ran up what seemed like a million flights of stairs before reaching the thought. She saw Joe's head and said, "Oh well hello. How did I know you'd be here?" Joe's head whipped around and stared at Brooke. They were standing on the Empire State Building. The only words he could form were, "We're back to where we started huh? It all started here. Wait, how'd you know I was here?" Brooke smiled and even though it was dark, Joe could see her radiant smile. "I knew you were here because I know you. And I love you Joe. I love you."



© 2008 Alexis-Morgan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on September 10, 2008


Author

Alexis-Morgan
Alexis-Morgan

Looks like I just stole,, Yemen



About
I love to write, and its my life. I write stories, song lyrics, and poems. If it is co-written I give credit. I like meeting other inspiring authors. Mostly, I just love to write.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alexis-Morgan